What is the best TV channel for evolution?

What is the best TV channel for evolution?

• A&E

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Animal Planet

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Comedy Central

• Cosmos

• Discovery

• History

• PBS

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • SyFy

• Other

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You have no trouble killing one of Gods creatures then no matter how beautiful it is, and you have the cheek to call it hunting, could the deer kill you? I am really glad I do not think I'm some special being made by an imaginary being.

Deer are quite capable of killing people, and sometimes do. Hunters are frequently killed by the animals they are hunting. I hunt from tree so the deer can't get me. ^_^

Reactions: Zosimus
Upvote 0

Jan Volkes

Jun 24, 2015
UK
✟2,674.00
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
They would love to have you in India.

Where people starve to death while cows roam the streets unchecked ... right in front of them.
Yes and all in the name of RELIGION....... that's what's called 'true belief', they don't get to pick from 30,000 versions until they find one they like, they believe in one even if it kills them.

AV1611VET, Your religion has damaged your way of thinking and your powers of reason.
The sacred cow that kills Americans by the tens of thousand every year is called 'lack of ongoing medical care',
all this in a [so called] rich Christian country, if Jesus was American I have a feeling he would be so disgusted he would move to Mexico.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes and all in the name of RELIGION.......
That's right.

Just remember that the next time you see someone harp on religion being sterile.
Jan Volkes said:
that's what's called 'true belief',
True belief is not necessarily truth.

True belief is what gave us geocentrism, voodoo, alchemy, the Inquisition, the Crusades, Phlogiston, Pluto, Thalidomide, 9/11, abortion, evolution, and the Big Bang model.

True belief in abiogenesis is what is causing scientists to make one of the biggest mistakes of modern times.

Aristotle stunted the growth of science for almost two thousand years; abiogenesis is doing the same thing.
Jan Volkes said:
they don't get to pick from 30,000 versions until they find one they like,
But they do have literally hundreds of thousands of deities.

We have one Deity, but different beliefs about what He did.
Jan Volkes said:
they believe in one even if it kills them.
That is correct.

Remember that the next time you see a scientific methodist define "faith" as "believing what you know ain't so."
Jan Volkes said:
AV1611VET, Your religion has damaged your way of thinking and your powers of reason.
Good.

That's why I have an appointment to see the Great Physician, while scientists are going spiritually insane.
Jan Volkes said:
The sacred cow that kills Americans by the tens of thousand every year is called 'lack of ongoing medical care',
What kind of medical care do abortionees get?

They don't even get the sympathy of science.
Jan Volkes said:
all this in a [so called] rich Christian country,
This "rich Christian country" sold its soul to science and is now going insane.
Jan Volkes said:
if Jesus was American I have a feeling he would be so disgusted he would move to Mexico.
If Jesus walked our streets today, doing what He did back then, He would be hounded by scientists asking Him what planet He was from.

Eventually they would tire of His anti-science "rants" and demonstrations and find a way to neutralize Him.

Upvote 0

Jan Volkes

Jun 24, 2015
UK
✟2,674.00
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
True belief is not necessarily truth.
Any belief without evidence has very little to do with truth and more to do with LaLa land.
That's why I have an appointment to see the Great Physician, while scientists are going spiritually insane.
Who made your appointment? whoever made it I can guarantee that you will be right on time, not a second early and not a second late, just as we all will, if it makes you happy to think that you really do have an appointment AV1611VET I am genuinely pleased for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Any belief without evidence has very little to do with truth and more to do with LaLa land.
Do you believe in missing links?
Jan Volkes said:
Who made your appointment?
God made it.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Jan Volkes said:
whoever made it I can guarantee that you will be right on time, not a second early and not a second late, just as we all will,
Actually it can be extended for righteous living, as it was for Hezekiah:

2 Kings 20:6a And I will add unto thy days fifteen years;

Or it can be cut short:

Ecclesiastes 7:17 Be not over much wicked, neither be thou foolish: why shouldest thou die before thy time?
Jan Volkes said:
if it makes you happy to think that you really do have an appointment AV1611VET I am genuinely pleased for you.
Thank you!

I appreciate the sentiment!

Upvote 0

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Deer are quite capable of killing people, and sometimes do. Hunters are frequently killed by the animals they are hunting. I hunt from tree so the deer can't get me. ^_^

Yeah that white tail is a wily creature :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Jan Volkes

Jun 24, 2015
UK
✟2,674.00
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Do you believe in missing links?
Do you mean transitional fossils?
What is there to believe in? we either have them or we don't, belief is not required.

I don't understand you AV1611VET, one minute you're saying there is no evidence because your God is supernatural and not of this world, then you are asking about physical things like missing links, what have they got to do with your God?
I don't think you know what you want because without evidence [other than your imagined evidence] you have nothing,
what you do have is all talk and no substance, exactly the same as all the other religions.

But as I said if it makes you happy to think the way you do then go for it, I think it's a dangerous and damaging way of thinking but it's your life, just try not to damage the minds of too many children while you're doing it.

Your idea that your God is keeping a place for you in heaven is charming however.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, the crazy thing that religion leads people to, huh?
Yes, indeed.

Just keep that in mind if you ever hear anyone say religion is sterile and on its way out.

Upvote 0

Jan Volkes

Jun 24, 2015
UK
✟2,674.00
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Just keep that in mind if you ever hear anyone say religion is sterile and on its way out.
There will always be religions because there will always be people who are afraid of death even though death is a fact of life
and is all around us, we all know that everything that lives dies, religions act as a buffer against death, they don't stop it but they can make the transition from life to death easier.
Religions are like drugs, if used properly they can alleviate no end of pain but if abused they can cause no end of damage.

I think that is one of the things [out of many] that atheists do not understand about religious people, every religious person knows there are hundreds of religions yet they are still able to think that the one they believe in [which by the way they did not choose either by birth or by culture] is somehow the one true religion, what must happen to their minds in order to allow them to believe something like that is beyond this atheists comprehension?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think that is one of the things [out of many] that atheists do not understand about religious people,
Atheists condition themselves to believe God doesn't exist.

Therefore they place themselves outside of understanding how faith works, and everything ends up seeming beyond comprehension to them.

And the line between "you're stupid" and "I don't understand" ends up being a very fine line indeed.

Atheists harp that theists should get a proper education, while overlooking the fact that they don't understand how a theist can think the way he does.

When I deal with scientists and unbelievers, I get the impression they have a :scratch: icon on their shirts; while at the same time, I get the impression they are viewing us as having :doh: icons on ours.

That's why I often talk about them "scratching themselves [or each other, if they're in a shrewdness] to death."

Upvote 0

Jan Volkes

Jun 24, 2015
UK
✟2,674.00
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Atheists condition themselves to believe God doesn't exist.
Yes I do, in the same way I condition myself that Goblins and Fairies do not exist, how can anyone condition themselves against anything they do not believe exists? especially when there is nothing there to start with.
Therefore they place themselves outside of understanding how faith works, and everything ends up seeming beyond comprehension to them.
I know exactly how faith works, if I don't have evidence for something I want to believe I will need to call on faith, even then I will have nothing other than a mental block overriding the fact that I have no evidence, I will still be no further forward but I will have convinced myself that I am, I will now believe something for no good reason and made myself delusional.
And the line between "you're stupid" and "I don't understand" ends up being a very fine line indeed.
You said it not me.
Atheists harp that theists should get a proper education, while overlooking the fact that they don't understand how a theist can think the way he does.
That is exactly my point, just how are you able to do it? what has been done to you? are you not even slightly interested?
When I deal with scientists and unbelievers, I get the impression they have a :scratch: icon on their shirts; while at the same time, I get the impression they are viewing us as having :doh: icons on ours.
I don't think you deal with anyone, you just dismiss them if they do not believe as you do.
That's why I often talk about them "scratching themselves [or each other, if they're in a shrewdness] to death."
Yes people do tend to scratch their heads when confronted by something they do not understand especially when there is no rhyme or reason for it, just as with UFO's all that's needed is a little thought, it would seem however that as with UFO's the higher the hurdle to overcome the greater the belief, people seem to think that belief will somehow overcome the impossible,
the more impossible the more belief required.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes I do, in the same way I condition myself that Goblins and Fairies do not exist,
So you throw the baby out with the bathwater, then scratch your head in wonderment?

I'd say that constitutes a viable cause and effect ... wouldn't you?

Upvote 0

Jan Volkes

Jun 24, 2015
UK
✟2,674.00
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
QUOTE="AV1611VET, post: 68534847, member: 152669"]So you throw the baby out with the bathwater, then scratch your head in wonderment?
I'd say that constitutes a viable cause and effect ... wouldn't you?[/QUOTE]
Whatever you say AV1611VET whatever you say, all I know is, you have locked yourself off from reality because the only baby there is the one you have imagined for yourself, you have allowed your dreaming's and imagining's to become real and I feel for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Whatever you say AV1611VET whatever you say, all I know is, you are locked yourself off from reality because the only baby there is is the one you have imagined for yourself, you have allowed your dreaming's and imagining's to become real and I feel for you.
LOL -- I was going to just ignore this, but I decided to Google what a person with no imagination is called, so I could make a cute comeback.

Do you know what word came up first?

One of my all-time favorites here:

"myopic"

Upvote 0

Jan Volkes

Jun 24, 2015
UK
✟2,674.00
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
LOL -- I was going to just ignore this, but I decided to Google what a person with no imagination is called, so I could make a cute comeback.

Do you know what word came up first?

One of my all-time favorites here:

"myopic"
There is no cute come back from what you are obviously going through AV1611VET it's a totally unnecessary waste of time, life and effort but it's all your choice.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Vote your choice for the best TV channel to teach evolution.

I voted other because the BBC has some fantastic educational programs on evolution. Netflix is a good resource. This might be helpful, though some of what they recommend is only available by DVD rather than streaming. I watched Walking with Cavemen as a kid and really liked it. You can only get it on DVD with Netflix now because it's like ten years old now.

http://edexcellencemedia.net/wordpress/human-evolution/

Upvote 0