What is the basis of anti-dispensationalism?

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are still not fighting against what we teach, but against your interpretation of the results of what we teach.

The question is... "Does the New Testament teach a Two Peoples of God doctrine"?

What did Jesus say?

Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Who is a "Jew" according to the Apostle Paul?

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Who did Paul say the Abrahamic Promises were made to and who are the seed of Abraham?

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

What were the Gentiles grafted into in Romans chapter 11?

Rom 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

Rom 11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

Rom 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
(A remnant of faithful Israelites.)

Who is Israel?

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
(There are two Israels.)

Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
(This confirms Galatians 3:16 and Galatians 3:29 Those in-Christ are the seed of the Promise. It has nothing to do with Bloodline.)

Does the period of Grace end 7 years before the Second Coming of Christ?

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. (A person cannot be under the Blood of Christ and not be under Grace.)

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You are still not fighting against what we teach, but against your interpretation of the results of what we teach.

There is 1 G-d YWHW. There is 1 Messiah, There is 1 people who are called by Adonai Elohim's name and there is 1 Torah. Before Messiah the Torah was written on Stone and parchment. The New Covenant is prophecies according to scripture and its the Torah written on the hearts and minds of his people who have: Rev 14:12 Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.

It is Yeshua Ha Mashiach who is the bread of life, the tree of life, the word become flesh which is the living breathing TORAH.

Israel is not replaced by the "church" She is redeemed at the end as prophesied in scripture. We do not replace Israel we are grafted in! There is and was a remnant of Israel who have believed Yeshua is the promised Messiah of ISRAEL.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You have just identified a major error with the doctrine.

The Church of Jesus Christ is made up of those in the New Blood Covenant of Grace.

You cannot have one on the earth without the other.

There is zero text in the New Testament, which is another name for the New Covenant, that says the Church will come to an end before the Second Coming of Christ.

Dispensationalists commonly teach that the indwelling of the Holy Spirit will cease with the removal of the Church.

However, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit if an essential part of the New Covenant.
Again, you cannot have one without the other.

1Co_3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Co_3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1Co_6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

2Co_3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

do not forget romans 8:9!

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Dispensationalists most certainly do not tech that anyone will be saved aside from the blood of the new covenant. The only man I know of who teaches such garbage is not a true dispensationalist. The same Old Testament scriptures that explicitly say that Israel will be restored to her land also explicitly say that she will be restored to her God.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dispensationalists most certainly do not tech that anyone will be saved aside from the blood of the new covenant. The only man I know of who teaches such garbage is not a true dispensationalist. The same Old Testament scriptures that explicitly say that Israel will be restored to her land also explicitly say that she will be restored to her God.

Which Israel are you referring to? Israel of the Flesh or Israel of the Promise?

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Rom 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

Rom 11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

Rom 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Only those Israelites who become part of the New Blood Covenant Church of Jesus Christ will receive the promise made to Abraham.

There is no other future path of Salvation.

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Upvote 0

msortwell

Mar 9, 2004
Gibson, Wisconsin
✟184,401.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Dispensationalists teach that the New Covenant will continue to be in effect throughout Daniel's seventieth week, and on through the Millennium. And they teach that no one has ever been or ever will be saved except by grace through faith.

Just to clarify . . . You understand that Abraham, Moses, and King David were each saved by grace through faith in what?

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
They were saved by faith in God. They could not trust in the blood of Christ, for that had not yet been revealed.
Scripture tells us... Abram believed G-d and it was counted to him as righteousness.

Faith is impossible if we do not believe what G-d says.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They were saved by faith in God. They could not trust in the blood of Christ, for that had not yet been revealed.

Gal 3:8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, "In you all the nations shall be blessed."

Upvote 0

ac28

Oct 29, 2013
✟46,442.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Gal 3:8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, "In you all the nations shall be blessed."
That was true in the OT for the proselytes. It was true during the Acts period when believing Gentiles were grafted into the olive tree, which is Israel. It will be true during the heavily prophesized earthly Kingdom. It is not true by any stretch of the imagination, not even a tiny bit, for the present 2000 year parenthetical period. No Biblical prophecy is being fulfilled today. None. Zero.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That was true in the OT for the proselytes. It was true during the Acts period when believing Gentiles were grafted into the olive tree, which is Israel. It will be true during the heavily prophesized earthly Kingdom. It is not true by any stretch of the imagination, not even a tiny bit, for the present 2000 year parenthetical period. No Biblical prophecy is being fulfilled today. None. Zero.

In the Book of Acts we have both Jews and Gentiles grafted together into the New Blood Covenant Church of Christ foretold in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and Matthew 16:15-18, and spoken by Christ at the Last Supper at Matthew 26:28 It is "now" in effect at Hebrews 8:6, Hebrews 12:24, and is "everlasting" at Hebrews 13:20 and found during the tribulation at Revelation 12:11.

We also find these two groups grafted together into the Olive Tree of Romans chapter 11, which is a symbol of the New Blood Covenant Church.

I have had Jewish Christians in my home for Bible study, even though to the best of my knowledge (unsure of ancient ancestors), I am from Northern European ancestry.

Where did the "parenthetical period" start?

Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Upvote 0