Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Works for me, and yes, I too see the difference between the Spirit's leading and our inclination to believe by 'feeling' what the Spirit is leading us to understand to be deceptive if what we are inclined to believe the Spirit is saying in any way goes against the written Word of GOD.

Our hearts are selfish, deceptive and evil. It is easy for us to convince ourselves it is from GOD when in fact it is contrary to HIS WORD. And believe me, I do understand your need and desire to put the WORD first before the SPIRIT.

Proverbs 8:23-35 I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began. When there were no oceans, I was given birth, when there were no springs abounding with water; before the mountains were settled in place, before the hills, I was given birth, before he made the earth or its fields or any of the dust of the world. I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep, when he established the clouds above and fixed securely the fountains of the deep, when he gave the sea its boundary so the waters would not overstep his command, and when he marked out the foundations of the earth. Then I was the craftsman at his side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence, rejoicing in his whole world and delighting in mankind. "Now then, my sons, listen to me; blessed are those who keep my ways. Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not ignore it. Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the LORD.

Who is HE? THE WORD OF GOD.

1 Peter 1:20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

John 17:24-25 "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. "Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me."

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Works for me, and yes, I too see the difference between the Spirit's leading and our inclination to believe by 'feeling' what the Spirit is leading us to understand to be deceptive if what we are inclined to believe the Spirit is saying in any way goes against the written Word of GOD.

Our hearts are selfish, deceptive and evil. It is easy for us to convince ourselves it is from GOD when in fact it is contrary to HIS WORD. And believe me, I do understand your need and desire to put the WORD first before the SPIRIT.

Yeah ,

I've been hammering out this very point in another thread about bread .

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
For he received from God the Father honor and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
<-----> 2nd Peter 1:16-

If anyone ever had reason to place his personal experience on a pedestal , it was Peter , who with James and John , saw Jesus transfigured into His glorified self , and personally heard The Voice of God the Father ... But what does Peter go on to say to others in Christ ?

That , we also have a more sure word of prophecy , than even his witnessing first hand such a wondrous event !

And this undoubtably is to also serve as a warning to us - that we beware of those who do the opposite , and put their own experience and what they've heard personally above the authority of Scripture .

Not that having personal experience with The Lord isn't a vital part of our faith ... but for the sake of sound doctrine - all is measured by the surety of The Written Word .

May The Lord Be Pleased to Bless and Keep !

wm

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not that having personal experience with The Lord isn't a vital part of our faith ... but for the sake of sound doctrine - all is measured by the surety of The Written Word .

Agreed! For us right now yes, if we have the ability to read scripture and seek HIM for the answers, which we do, but many take the easy way out and believe that they are covered by HIS BLOOD without even heading HIS WORD or yeilding to HIS HOLY SPIRIT which will never contridict HIS WORD. Since the WORD has appeared in the flesh and all have been salted with fire, no one has an excuse not to listen to and follow Christ Jesus.

Proverbs 8:32-33 "Now then, my sons, listen to me; blessed are those who keep my ways. Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not ignore it."

Psalm 19:9 The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous.

Psalm 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.

Proverbs 9:10-12 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. For through me your days will be many, and years will be added to your life. If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you; if you are a mocker, you alone will suffer."

Isaiah 57:4 Whom are you mocking? At whom do you sneer and stick out your tongue? Are you not a brood of rebels, the offspring of liars?

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

They have decieved themselves into believing that the WORD of GOD changes, which it does not and never will.

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yea,

I'm reminded of the contradictory argument of those who claim The Bible isn't certain , trustworthy , or authoritative , because man was used in the writing thereof .

Well , if man is unreliable , as they speak - who are they ? But men !

So by their own reasoning they rule out their own disclaimer , about The Bible .

...Yea, let God be true, but every man a liar... <---> From Romans 3:4

I said in my haste, All men are liars. <-----> Psalm 116:11

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. <-----> John 1:14

All Hail King Jesus !

wm

Upvote 0

judah israel

Feb 28, 2010
✟15,867.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yea,

I'm reminded of the contradictory argument of those who claim The Bible isn't certain , trustworthy , or authoritative , because man was used in the writing thereof .

Well , if man is unreliable , as they speak - who are they ? But men !

So by their own reasoning they rule out their own disclaimer , about The Bible .

...Yea, let God be true, but every man a liar... <---> From Romans 3:4

I said in my haste, All men are liars. <-----> Psalm 116:11

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. <-----> John 1:14

All Hail King Jesus !

wm

Very well said!

Peace.

Upvote 0