Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Legally speaking it means to restore someone back to a position they had before someone or something caused them to suffer loss.
That's the best I can do without looking up the definition.

If I run over your fence and I pay you to restore it, that is paying restitution for the loss that I caused you.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I see from the Cambridge Dictionary for our two countries, the def. is nearly identical,

British
Formal - the return of objects that were stolen or lost:
Specialized - law payment made for damage or loss:

American
Law - payment for damage or loss of property, or the return of items stolen or lost:

What may I ask is rendered inactive who justify not carrying through with this, is it not the "gift"?

“Therefore if you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering.” (Matthew 5:23,24)​

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you put forth the time and effort to make amends in relationship, that is, go to the one you sinned against, confess sincerely, and ask forgiveness - this extends a way for emotional healing for that person, and could be called psychological restitution.
TD:)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thankyou 'rocknanchor' and 'tdidymas' and 'hank' for your valuable contributions. Wonderful how after being born again,our behaviour begins to change. Zacchaeus,the dishonest taxcollecter came to Jesus and had his life changed and wanted to right the wrongs he had done. He willingly gave half of his wealth to the poor and gave back four times as much to those he had cheated. This was a voluntary restitution.

Last edited:
Upvote 0