shelley1952

May 14, 2016
Illinois
✟8,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I become a Christian, people have said that the Holy Spirit will make me clean. I don't get it. What would be my responsibility as a new Christian if the Holy Spirit does it all?

As near said, you have to partner with the Holy Spirit to cleanse you, the Holy Spirit is a gentleman, He does not force you. What happened with me was He would show a problem that wasnt pleasing to the Lord and I would acknowledge my sin, I would ask for help getting rid of it and He would help me. Get into Bible studies and learn, study at home, every chance you get, learn, the more you learn and understand then you know what is expected of you as His child.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If I become a Christian, people have said that the Holy Spirit will make me clean. I don't get it. What would be my responsibility as a new Christian if the Holy Spirit does it all?
The HS does not do it all. He enables us to be saved and to live as God would have us live. The Bible, especially the New Testament, speaks of what responsibilities Jesus taught his disciples, us included, to assume.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

First off...Acts 2:38...repent and be baptized.

Hebrews 10:24-31...going to church.

2 Timothy 2:15...reading/and learning the bible.

Micah 6:8...act justly, show mercy, walk humbly

Ephesians 4:32...forgiving

James 1:19-27...be doers of the word, not just hearers

Mark 16:15...witnessing/sharing the gospel.

I hope this be of help to you.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the short answer is that you still need to take your responsibilities seriously, even though God has cleansed you completely. The wages of sin is still death, even though you are forgiven (Romans 6:23, Romans 5:13-14). You can think of this as God loves you and forgives you, but you can still hurt yourself badly. Believing that God has cleansed you (forgiven your past, present, and future sin) is not the only requirement for salvation, you need to yield to Jesus' Lordship. If you have genuinely done that, you will want to know what he wants of you. And to know that you need to learn.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God does it all. That is why it is called grace.

You can't even come to him on your own.

Jesus said that no man can come to him unless the Father draw him.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

your part is to be really, really thankful that God has done for you what you cannot do for yourself; which should lead you to want to know God more, which should lead you to want to know His word more, which should lead you to recognize His leading and follow it more, which should lead to an automatic reduction of transgressions of His laws - not by focusing on the laws, but on His mercy, grace, and love for you - by being thankful :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums