What is it if you gain the whole USA but lose your own soul?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I was pondering the difference between the loss of six million natives by 1890 in the US and the loss of six million Jews in Germany, and things like equal rights following and peace... made the US better.
I picked up where I left off in Scripture Matt 16:23. I knew a thread about the differences would be empty of worth. But if we look around at what we have in Australia here or over in the US in particular we can love the providence, comforts, look, feel and be impressed by the sheer scale of things... It can stir passion, so one sees the world and is moved in the soul. Looking deeper, there was the conquest of the land from the natives, and revolution and civil war. And then it came to an important good which was the US power in WW2.

The US president from the end of WW2 I think said that in regards to fire bombing Japan, that if it were to be judged of them if they had lost the war, they would have been found as war criminals. But rather than do the simple right thing, they saved lots of US soldiers in compromise. I could not take such responsibility. The answer is beyond me.

We sometimes hear of repentance and reconciliation, the blessing of cursed land...

I think there is a need to see there is too much racism, and violence... and to repent of the love of what we have without some humility. Looking back at the foundation with critical eyes and heart repentance from love overlapping at all onto the founding violence. And rejecting all ideas of superior race.

Matt 16:22-27
22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”

23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: RDKirk

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think there is a need to see there is too much racism, and violence... and to repent of the love of what we have without some humility. Looking back at the foundation with critical eyes and heart repentance from love overlapping at all onto the founding violence. And rejecting all ideas of superior race.

I have found the passages below to be the most
severely overlooked. ----->

Upvote 0

Tinyarch

Oct 15, 2016
Sarasota
✟16,452.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God's Voice, I hope you weren't married or had children when you walked away.

As for the OP, the first thing I thought of was you were rebuking Joel Osteen and others for their heresy of prosperity gospel.

As for governments and societies and warfare, I think we need to determine if Augustine was right in creating the idea of a "just" war. Is it ever possible for the Christian to justify killing, not just warriors intent on power and control, but citizens merely hoping to live a peaceful life?

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I have found the passages below to be the most
severely overlooked. ----->
Matthew 7 is a chapter about evangelism, preaching fairly, giving grace as received, giving the bread and not the stone, the Holy Spirit. Using the Golden Rule.

The Golden Rule may come from Tobit who told his son, "Do not do unto others what you do not want them to do to you." It is a bit too simple for very broad application.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
God's Voice, I hope you weren't married or had children when you walked away.

As for the OP, the first thing I thought of was you were rebuking Joel Osteen and others for their heresy of prosperity gospel.

As for governments and societies and warfare, I think we need to determine if Augustine was right in creating the idea of a "just" war. Is it ever possible for the Christian to justify killing, not just warriors intent on power and control, but citizens merely hoping to live a peaceful life?

I never once heard Joel Osteen.

Prosperity in the hands of one whose heart is committed to Christ scares Satan. I think John G Lake made an error in spending most of his own money on the poor instead of on his mission partners. They died of starvation.

I don't think the ideas in Exodus applies to pagans after the cross and Pentecost. Now is a time of conversion. We were right in fighting for democracy in WW2. The native people fought in the US forces.

Easy to judge just wars in hindsight, but there are also biases in victorious historians works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Well jesus was talking to peoples individual souls not whole nations.

As for the US, well its seems people from there are easily offended if you say anything negative about their country. Even if its true.
There is the danger of the individual losing his salvation for want of the good life and having the things of this world with the sin instead of discernment.

Upvote 0

Tinyarch

Oct 15, 2016
Sarasota
✟16,452.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I never once heard Joel Osteen.

Prosperity in the hands of one whose heart is committed to Christ scares Satan. I think John G Lake made an error in spending most of his own money on the poor instead of on his mission partners. They died of starvation.

I don't think the ideas in Exodus applies to pagans after the cross and Pentecost. Now is a time of conversion. We were right in fighting for democracy in WW2. The native people fought in the US forces.

Easy to judge just wars in hindsight, but there are also biases in victorious historians works.

Was Satan scared of Job? It doesn't look like it.
God has the riches of the universe in His hand. Satan only fears God and God alone.

God's greatest work of conversion comes when his saints are weakest and seemingly beaten. The conversion rate in China, under great persecution, has been equal to or greater than the time of Pentacost. This happens when Christians put down their swords and live strictly by faith.

There is the danger of the individual losing his salvation for want of the good life and having the things of this world with the sin instead of discernment.

A person never was adopted by God and merely was a goat among the sheep if they turn from God to self-consumption. It is the opposite of the awakening that took place with the Thessalonians in 1 Thessalonians 1.

God does not lose even one of His sheep. No fears about losing salvation.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Was Satan scared of Job? It doesn't look like it.
God has the riches of the universe in His hand. Satan only fears God and God alone.

God's greatest work of conversion comes when his saints are weakest and seemingly beaten. The conversion rate in China, under great persecution, has been equal to or greater than the time of Pentacost. This happens when Christians put down their swords and live strictly by faith.

A person never was adopted by God and merely was a goat among the sheep if they turn from God to self-consumption. It is the opposite of the awakening that took place with the Thessalonians in 1 Thessalonians 1.

God does not lose even one of His sheep. No fears about losing salvation.
Satan is afraid of what can happen if missionaries and evangelists have the money to go on with their work, and convert pagans and Muslims. Satan has lost and wants to delay and humiliate us. Job was a wealthy OT just man.

What are "swords"?

I thinks saints whose faith and love is strong do well. Seeming weakness means they rely on God over self effort.

G12 took place after a pastor survived persecution and went on, for the many thousands in Bogota Columbia it went on without initial persecution for quite some time in so far as I know.

Grace is more in persecution. Love of pleasures holds many back in the west.

When young Christians mature, they have a choice of just accepting things or discerning and sorting.

Upvote 0

Tinyarch

Oct 15, 2016
Sarasota
✟16,452.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Satan is afraid of what can happen if missionaries and evangelists have the money to go on with their work, and convert pagans and Muslims. Satan has lost and wants to delay and humiliate us. Job was a wealthy OT just man.

What are "swords"?

I thinks saints whose faith and love is strong do well. Seeming weakness means they rely on God over self effort.

G12 took place after a pastor survived persecution and went on, for the many thousands in Bogota Columbia it went on without initial persecution for quite some time in so far as I know.

Grace is more in persecution. Love of pleasures holds many back in the west.

When young Christians mature, they have a choice of just accepting things or discerning and sorting.

Can you provide scripture where Satan is afraid of any human?

You have made a lot of assumptions and assertions, with little to no scripture to strengthen your assertion.

It may be that we both give all glory to God in this. Satan clearly is inferior to God and he knows it. God does use His saints to accomplish His will. His will is to save save all those whom He has chosen to adopt out of this rebel world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Can you provide scripture where Satan is afraid of any human?

You have made a lot of assumptions and assertions, with little to no scripture to strengthen your assertion.

It may be that we both give all glory to God in this. Satan clearly is inferior to God and he knows it. God does use His saints to accomplish His will. His will is to save save all those whom He has chosen to adopt out of this rebel world.

I mean Satan for himself is not afraid of us, not for his own security that he thinks he has. He is afraid for jealousy, of what he can't stand for us to have. And he knows his demise will come with the success of the missionaries which leads to Christ return, that Satan wants to delay.

Upvote 0

Tinyarch

Oct 15, 2016
Sarasota
✟16,452.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I mean Satan for himself is not afraid of us, not for his own security that he thinks he has. He is afraid for jealousy, of what he can't stand for us to have. And he knows his demise will come with the success of the missionaries which leads to Christ return, that Satan wants to delay.
Perhaps, but is there any biblical evidence for your assertion?

Upvote 0