Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟27,970.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To compliment my other thread - "What is love?"

I'd like to hear your personal thougts and feelings, and not just the obvious "proper" or "religious" ones, though we can look at them too of course!

What is grace to you, in your experience, your understanding?

Lists, single words, creative writing, testimonies...whatever, lets' hear it! :)

Reactions: pinetree

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

I'd like to hear your personal thougts and feelings, and not just the obvious "proper" or "religious" ones, though we can look at them too of course!

Lists, single words, creative writing, testimonies...whatever, lets' hear it! :)

Grace is when we honor the other even though they do not deserve it.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟27,970.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟27,970.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed it is.

I was just reading your signature again:

Why is it some people who would never attempt to walk on water, think nothing of treading on thin ice?

The fact we so often walk on thin ice and get away without a chilly soaking is grace too, isn't it?!

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like Philip Yancey’s definition of grace: Grace means there is nothing you can do to make God love you more and there is nothing you can do that would make him love you less.

When we live truly gracious lives, it means there is nothing anyone can do to make us love them more and there is nothing anyone can do to make us love them less.

~Jim

The Bible is so simple you have to have help to misunderstand it.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟27,970.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When we live truly gracious lives, it means there is nothing anyone can do to make us love them more and there is nothing anyone can do to make us love them less.

Wow, yes. If I could do that, that really would be amazing grace!

Upvote 0

ydouxist

Senior Veteran
Nov 27, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟12,440.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The fact we so often walk on thin ice and get away without a chilly soaking is grace too, isn't it?!

The question is was the sin "walking on thin ice" committed intentionally or unintentionally. If it was unintentional grace absolutely is applied. Willful sin must be confessed. We are told to "Go and sin no more"
You can choose your sin but you can't choose the consequences of it.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟27,970.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The question is was the sin "walking on thin ice" committed intentionally or unintentionally. If it was unintentional grace absolutely is applied. Willful sin must be confessed. We are told to "Go and sin no more"
You can choose your sin but you can't choose the consequences of it.

Wow, there's a whole new thread in the making! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like Philip Yancey’s definition of grace: Grace means there is nothing you can do to make God love you more and there is nothing you can do that would make him love you less.

~Jim

The Bible is so simple you have to have help to misunderstand it.
In the words of a holiness preacher...sure God loves you, but it won't stop your sin from sending you to hell. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

And how about in video too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGBNa0L41Zc

The lyrics I think says it all

Grace lyrics

Grace
She takes the blame
She covers the shame
Removes the stain
It could be her name

Grace
It's a name for a girl
It's also a thought that
Changed the world

And when she walks on the street
You can hear the strings
Grace finds goodness
In everything

Grace
She's got the walk
Not on a wrapper on chalk
She's got the time to talk

She travels outside
Of karma, karma
She travels outside
Of karma

When she goes to work
You can hear the strings
Grace finds beauty
In everything

Grace
She carries a world on her hips
No champagne flute for her lips
No twirls or skips
Between her fingertips

She carries a pearl
In perfect condition
What once was hers
What once was friction
What left a mark
No longer stains

Because grace makes beauty
Out of ugly things (my personal favorite line of the song)

Grace finds beauty
In everything

Grace finds goodness
In everything

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The way that I see “grace” works, is that you are only under “grace” if you truly are living in obedience and discipline to His Word and to our Lord Jesus Christ. Grace only covers those who are being led by the Spirit of God, and they “CANNOT” sin.

“Grace” is part and parcel of the “The Way”, the way we “walk”, and not just only “talk”. We can't be led by this world and be His, at the same time. Because, “The Way” is narrow, there are many “wide gates of destruction”, and many will miss it

Our “grace” isn’t “salvation”, and many times it can turn into legalism and religiosity. Salvation comes to those who live for our Lord Jesus Christ, and are no longer “conformed to the world”, but have “transformed and renewed their minds (carnal and spiritual)” and have died to this world and its ways. They no longer seek what is of this world, glory, honour, fame, etc., but seek the complete “truth” at all cost to personal self, having reckoned themselves dead to this world and having nothing to gain from it. They are the only ones to whom “grace” is given.

Grace covers all our ignorant errors along “The Way”.

We know that Law exaggerated “SIN”, and it was revealed that “SIN” can exceed the “GRACE” provided by our Lord Jesus Christ, but “SIN” loses its peril when it’s compared with our Lord Jesus Christ.

When simplicity comes into “GRACE”, that is, since “SIN” is a way that makes “GRACE” abundantly, it doesn’t give us the right to “continue in sin”. After all, believers who continue in “SIN”, living in “SIN”, in order to take advantage of “GRACE” would be denying their own identity in our Lord Jesus Christ.

We have died to sin, and made alive in our Lord Jesus Christ, but “SIN” still “reigns” as a problem and is expressed through our “mortal body” by temptation, which we must resist.

When we are “under grace”, we fulfil the Law (Rom. 3:31 & 13:8-10)!

“But grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.” (John 1:17)

Though there was abundant “GRACE” and “TRUTH” expressed by God through the Law, but it’s through our Lord Jesus Christ that “GRACE” and “TRUTH” are realised to the fullest of His believers.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.