What is 'all religion' has become 'worldly' instead of 'Godly'?

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Bible tells us that at one point in the future, He is going to be forced to 'cut the days short' in order to preserve His 'very elect'.

Now, we could debate the concept of 'very elect' from not till 'doomsday' without coming to complete agreement. Don't want to argue that. Just the principle that: no matter who the 'very elect' are, that would be a definitive GROUP of people. Small or large is irrelevant to the point. The point is, that even those that are 'called' the 'very elect', if God does not 'cut the days short', they, yes, EVEN THEY would end up being 'led astray'.

This offer insight into the FACT that the 'rest of the world' when the days are 'cut short', will ALREADY have been 'led astray'. For the sake of the 'very elect', God will 'cut the days short'. The rest of the world will 'already be lost'.

With this in mind, what if? What if we are close to the 'end', (when God cuts the days short), as many seem to insist? That everything has been fulfilled in prophecy EXCEPT the very end?

Wouldn't that mean that the overwhelming majority of those living on this planet be LOST 'right his very moment'? For surely the 'world turning to Satan' won't happen 'overnight'. He's been working on this since the 'garden'.

So if we are 'really, really, really, close to the end, then that would necessitate the overwhelming majority of the people alive on this planet 'already' being 'led astray'.

So far as 'religion' or 'spirituality', what 'institution' has the most influence on 'people'?

Their 'churches'. People more often than not will BLINDLY follow where ever their 'temple', 'church', or social or political organizations lead them. Blindly follow where ever they are led and will often defend these institutions up to the point of 'death'.

And think about this: At the time of Christ, the closest 'religion' on the planet that was 'worshiping the true God' was Judaism. And Christ clearly pointed out how corrupt Judaism of His time was. Christ openly stated on numerous occasion that the 'religious leaders' were 'lost'.

Now, why would 'anything' be 'any' different today than it was then? In fact, the closer we get to 'the end', the more rapidly the world will be 'turning' to the influence of Satan rather than God.

Blessings,

MEC

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
But look at the hundreds of thousands who think for themselves and prove it at Christian chat sites.
But even hundreds of thousands seems to be just a pittance of a victory, given orthodoxies eternal eschatology IMO. As to the OP's comment concerning the "very elect" and the 'minority/majority of the church missing it', I do remember many, many years ago lamenting to the Lord about that very verse. I was much younger then, and a lot more zealous, as well as, immature and self righteous concerning my judgments. Upon reading that verse, I audibly told the Lord I agreed with His scripture that all those fundamental 'mattress Methodists' and 'bedside Baptists' just weren't going to make it...(not audibly adding 'like US Charismatics'). That's when the Spirit spoke to my heart and said 'That verse wasn't even written to warn them, it was written to warn YOU.' It was a very humbling word which I've never forgot because it was written in my heart by the fiery finger of God Himself.....IMO, of course. Which is really the only 'opinion' that matters as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now, we could debate the concept of 'very elect' from not till 'doomsday' without coming to complete agreement. Don't want to argue that. Just the principle that: no matter who the 'very elect' are, that would be a definitive GROUP of people. Small or large is irrelevant to the point. The point is, that even those that are 'called' the 'very elect', if God does not 'cut the days short', they, yes, EVEN THEY would end up being 'led astray'.

The way I read it, starting at Mathew 24:9 and on through to the area you mention in the OP... the reason the days are cut short is not to keep the elect from being led astray but to keep them from getting killed. And then a few verses later is speaks of them being led astray "if it were possible"...another indication they will not be led astray, but only in danger of losing their life.

Some will go cold and be led astray, but I assume those are not the elect. I guess the big question might be, can the elect become unelected and if I'm consistent with my belief one can lost their salvation, I'd have to at least consider they can, so things get a little confusing there for me, unless the elect are those God knows will hang in there.

I know you don't want to discuss who the elect are so though I think it might matter as per your purpose for the post, I won't get into it any more than bringing that up.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Wouldn't that mean that the overwhelming majority of those living on this planet be LOST 'right his very moment'?
Yes. (not much has changed in this regards in centuries though)
For surely the 'world turning to Satan' won't happen 'overnight'.
Correct.
the reason the days are cut short is not to keep the elect from being led astray but to keep them from getting killed.
Except millions of religious folk including elect have been martyred for their faith in the last hundred years,
and millions more scheduled for the next few weeks/ year,
etc.

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
His cutting short the days are the means for them surviving against things which try their faith.

The cutting short the days are also about their lifespan, when the great falling away occurs, and more and more trying things occur, God would save his people whom he knows cannot handle some things.

His cutting short the days also means the speeding up of time, which has already happened.

The churches of other religions will bind together, and tax out of existence the Christian and Judaism churches. I'm sure they may be part of the means for the great falling away.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Wow. While I certainly appreciate what anyone has to offer, I am confused as to how the words of the Bible are so difficult to comprehend.
Simply, really.
Y'SHUA told Peter that flesh and blood cannot reveal who messiah is.
Y'chanan the immerser proclaimed to all that no man could
understand (receive; grasp) anything
unless YHWH revealed it to them from heaven.

Thus, the whole world except the remnant cannot understand,
not even the simplest of things spiritually. (oh, yes - that is written also - the men of the world cannot grasp anything spiritual - etc etc etc)....
They remain deceived, subject to the power of the prince of the air,
until if ever they are saved and by YHWH'S DOING become part of and one with Y'SHUA and the remnant (elect).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Their 'churches'. People more often than not will BLINDLY follow where ever their 'temple', 'church', or social or political organizations lead them. Blindly follow where ever they are led and will often defend these institutions up to the point of 'death'.
I'm not sure where you've been hanging out but my observation has been that (with some exceptions) most people don't pay that much attention to what their spiritual leaders say.

And think about this: At the time of Christ, the closest 'religion' on the planet that was 'worshiping the true God' was Judaism. And Christ clearly pointed out how corrupt Judaism of His time was.
No He didn't. He had lots of scorn for the spiritual leaders of judaism but the religion itself was fine (for what it was intended to be). It was as good in Our Lord's day as it was when it was first given to the Israelites.

Christ openly stated on numerous occasion that the 'religious leaders' were 'lost'.
Which isn't the same as saying the religion itself was no good anymore.

And to your point about blindly obeying authority unto death, Our Lord instructed His followers to do what the Pharisees said but don't do what they do.

In fact, the closer we get to 'the end', the more rapidly the world will be 'turning' to the influence of Satan rather than God.
Golly, I guess Our Lord was kidding when He promised that not even the gates of Hell could withstand the Church. Should He have said "Hey guys, Christianity will have a good run but before too long it'll lose all its power and value. Those are the breaks! Anybody for some dreidel?"

Don't Panic.

• Agree
Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I won't reply to (or even read) this because separating my remarks from yours is way too big a hassle to do on my phone. Fix the post and then I'll read and maybe reply to it.

• Agree
Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0