What if your boss wants to set you up with their daughter?

Gabe7

Apr 1, 2011
✟1,885.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I've never been a fan of dipping into the company ink but I'm less a fan of pretty know nothings. My boss has a daughter who is pretty and nice and isn't so smart. Boss wants me to go out with her. Not to go out with her will make boss mad. Girl likes me, I don't know why because I don't pay her much mind other than being polite when she's around. Should I make up an excuse to avoid going out with her or should I take her out to try to make boss happy? Or should I do something else?

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Take her out on a date. Tell her that you don't believe in kissing or holding hands before marriage. Talk politics, religion and philosophy. If she turns out to be as empty-headed as you think she is, then she'll be bored out of her mind and won't want to date you again. ;) jk

Why can't you just tell your boss that you aren't into his daughter?

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you think she is stupid, I suggest you do the right thing and tell your boss NO. She shouldn't have to put up with your attitude. And you would end up screwed in the long run cause if she is a daddy's girl- look out!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mjmcmillan

Sep 27, 2009
Out there. Thataway.
✟5,089.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't offer dating advice as a rule, but in this case--- RUN!!!!!

Seriously, if you want long term trouble all you have to do is date the boss's daughter. If/when the breakup occurs (bets are on when, not if because of what you've already stated) you will have a nightmare on your hands. You might not be able to work there anymore after the breakup, no matter how much you like your job and get along with everybody else.

The only thing I could imagine that would be worse is being pressured to date the pastor's daughter and feeling as you do about this situation. There's no way to win, so see what you can do to cut your losses.

Upvote 0