Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus did fulfill the law. He was not guilty of any matter of teh law. That is why he could say on the cross "It is finished". That is why he could be our sacrifice, as He was sinless.

By all means preach the law. But Jesus don't make that His emphasis. Not did the other NT writers, who unanimously told us that the law is no longer the basis of our relationship with God.

Tithing is just not taught in the NT, because the only place where tithing was commanded was under the Mosaic law, and that Old Covenant (Testament) has been replaced by the new one inaugurated by Jesus. 2 Cor 8-9 contains the most extensive extensive teaching in the NT on giving. Tithing is not mentioned once.

The NT tithe and offering is ourselves.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have helped them out in the past...and whenever I do go, I help with the coffee after the service and little things like that (I'm a very good washer upper ^_^).

I shall have to have a think about the things that I can do...thanks PGP :hug:

Hi MA,

Ignore that comment, because it's all about tithing and you don't need any more berating or badgering about working for tithing. They never give up do they.

Anyway, my dear sister, I think you know the real story, so why keep the thread going?

We all know that tithing isn't New Testament, and we give with a grateful heart.:)

Be blessed in Jesus Name

Upvote 0

Minty

S.O.P.H.I.E
Aug 6, 2007
South East London, England
✟19,598.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
Greetings and may God bless all who read. Minty Angel, when you decide to give an offering to God, make sure that it is coming from your HEART, no matter what amount of time, money, devotion, etc. This way you will know it is always your best. Pray to God, believing, about your finances and He will give you the answers and guidance you seek. Exercise patience in the Lord. Delay does not mean denial. God is always on time.

Never forget the power that exists within the Word of God. It is written in Philippians 4:19, "But my God shall supply all your NEED according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Amen? Keep quoting this scripture until it saturates within your mind and spirit believing. In faith, wait on God. God will lead your steps. Watch as changes begin to manifest and materialize before you as God's Spirit directs you. I am a living witness to this.

It is not exactly all about money but ALL OF MY NEEDS are being met by God. I have experienced what you have felt and God has been extremely patient with me in instructing and allowing me to come into this understanding that if God promises, He will deliver. Get to know His Word Sister. Amen and may God cause you to prosper in all of your endeavors in Jesus name.
WOW...thank you so much, Mach7 :hug: I am going to write down the Scripture you gave and commit it to memory, it's wonderful.
Jesus did fulfill the law. He was not guilty of any matter of teh law. That is why he could say on the cross "It is finished". That is why he could be our sacrifice, as He was sinless.

By all means preach the law. But Jesus don't make that His emphasis. Not did the other NT writers, who unanimously told us that the law is no longer the basis of our relationship with God.

Tithing is just not taught in the NT, because the only place where tithing was commanded was under the Mosaic law, and that Old Covenant (Testament) has been replaced by the new one inaugurated by Jesus. 2 Cor 8-9 contains the most extensive extensive teaching in the NT on giving. Tithing is not mentioned once.

The NT tithe and offering is ourselves.

John
NZ
I'd never thought about the tithe being us...but now you come to mention it it does make perfect sense...thanks :hug:
Hi MA,

Ignore that comment, because it's all about tithing and you don't need any more berating or badgering about working for tithing. They never give up do they.

Anyway, my dear sister, I think you know the real story, so why keep the thread going?

We all know that tithing isn't New Testament, and we give with a grateful heart.:)

Be blessed in Jesus Name
Hi, Elijah2 :wave:

Thanks to all of you wonderful people my questions about tithing have been fully answered and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. :kiss:

I was only keeping the thread going as I am sure that I'm not the only one that is (or rather was) struggling with this issue...and if it can help bring even one person closer to God, as it has helped me to do (with all of your help, of course) then I consider that a blessing.

May our Heavenly Father richly bless each and every one of you for all of the time, patience, love, understanding and knowledge that you have given not just to me, but to all who read this thread in the future. :amen:

Upvote 0

Nilla

No longer on staff
Apr 8, 2006
Sweden
✟56,683.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
newmodhat.jpg

Mod Hat On

This thread has been through a clean up. Please post within the rules and FSG's.

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0

WarsawBialystok123

Europe Worship
Mar 16, 2017
Chicago
✟15,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is the one issue that has stopped me going to church...tithing.

At the moment my family are going through very hard times...we have barely enough to buy food and pay our bills, and after that we have nothing (and I mean nothing, empty wallets all round).

So what can I give? :( I can't even afford a newspaper, and to give 10% of my income would mean that we lose our house. At max it would be literally pennies that I would put in the collection, and I refuse to have my financial issues spread around church...so I stopped attending.

Is this wrong?

No it's not wrong. I understand trusting God is not easy. It's easy to trust when you have something to hold on to. When you have nothing to hold on to, it's scary. I do work for the Airlines at Chicago O'Hare Airport and don't make enough money to make ends meet and provide for the family with a car note and hefty student loans. I have paid my tithes at the Hillsong Berlin aka. Berlin Connect church and the Christian Fellowship Church on Puławska 114 in Warsaw, Poland. I also paid tithes at catch the fire in Toronto and Polish full Evangelical in Toronto, Canada and the Polish Christian Center. And the amazing thing is I tithe once in a blue moon. From my tithing experience, I see my checking account depleting quickly and I never saw an increase in my finances from tithing. Tithing never promised anyone wealth, that you would get out of debt, never promised better economics, never promised there will be no sickness, and tithing

Upvote 0

WarsawBialystok123

Europe Worship
Mar 16, 2017
Chicago
✟15,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
THAT IS REALLY WRONG!

The tithe is there to help the community and the faith.
Is your economy more important than that?!?

We need better economics to sustain ourselves. Nobody can live on a small pay check.

Upvote 0

WarsawBialystok123

Europe Worship
Mar 16, 2017
Chicago
✟15,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No it's not wrong. I understand trusting God is not easy. It's easy to trust when you have something to hold on to. When you have nothing to hold on to, it's scary. I do work for the Airlines at Chicago O'Hare Airport and don't make enough money to make ends meet and provide for the family with a car note and hefty student loans. I have paid my tithes at the Hillsong Berlin aka. Berlin Connect church and the Christian Fellowship Church on Puławska 114 in Warsaw, Poland. I also paid tithes at catch the fire in Toronto and Polish full Evangelical in Toronto, Canada and the Polish Christian Center. And the amazing thing is I tithe once in a blue moon. From my tithing experience, I see my checking account depleting quickly and I never saw an increase in my finances from tithing. Tithing never promised anyone wealth, that you would get out of debt, never promised better economics, never promised there will be no sickness, and
Tithing never promises there will be no debt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarsawBialystok123

Europe Worship
Mar 16, 2017
Chicago
✟15,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you can't afford to give 10% of your increase then only give whatever you can. If you can't live on 100% of you check then you can't live on 90%. If your budget is insufficient then you need 100% of your pay. This is not a dead thread. Revival still happens even without tithing.

Upvote 0

WarsawBialystok123

Europe Worship
Mar 16, 2017
Chicago
✟15,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For those that tithe despite financial difficulties I won't stop em. I have to applaud people that trust God despite tough times. Yea. It's not easy to trust God when times are tough. If you can't make ends meet, pay bills first then give God whatever you can. God alone does not need money.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For those that tithe despite financial difficulties I won't stop em. I have to applaud people that trust God despite tough times. Yea. It's not easy to trust God when times are tough. If you can't make ends meet, pay bills first then give God whatever you can. God alone does not need money.
When I went to churc

At the moment my family are going through very hard times...we have barely enough to buy food and pay our bills, and after that we have nothing (and I mean nothing, empty wallets all round).

So what can I give? :( I can't even afford a newspaper, and to give 10% of my income would mean that we lose our house. At max it would be literally pennies that I would put in the collection, and I refuse to have my financial issues spread around church...so I stopped attending.

Is this wrong?
Taking care of your family is more important than financing a church. A friend of mine did not want to put much money into church and volunteered in the church nursery instead. She also did habitat for humanity once a month.

I have enough and to spare. If I find church attendance beneficial, then I donate to the church. If I do not like the message the pastor is giving, I should not have to attend the church or give to the church. Recently I attended a church where the preacher told of God fighting genocidal war at the city of Jericho. I liked the idea of finding a church community, the music was nice. The congregation was diverse. Someone in the choir sounded like an angel. People praised God there, but this message was too brutal and I did not go back.

I tried to give to Christian charities helping poor Christians. I liked to give to Gospel Rescue Missions from time to time. I liked to give to those helping persecuted Christians in Moslem dominated areas. I remained poor in spite of my giving. Learning good things is more important than having many things. One day I was no longer poor.

• Agree
Reactions: Gwen-is-new!
Upvote 0

Gwen-is-new!

The Lord is my rock!
Feb 25, 2016
United States
✟27,741.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Is this wrong?

You don't have to give at this time, but PLEASE continue to attend church, and do not worry about what others think or say at your church. This is between you and God, and something tells me HE would prefer you to be a good steward of what He has given you and feed your family, and provide a roof over their head.

Upvote 0
Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The tithe belongs to God. With the tithe, we give thanks to God, that he is the source of everything in our life, including our life itself. With the tithe we show to God, that we believe he is the only source of every blessing, spiritual or material in our lives. God does not need our money, because from his we get everything, in order to give a tithe to him. All is his, he is the owner, we are only the users.

Jesus said in the Gospel of Matthew, chapter 6, that we must not worry what we will eat or drink, because our life is more important, than food, clothes, drinks, houses etc..... You see, our life is more important and of a greater value to God, than anything else, food, money, clothes, whatever. Therefore, God will provide for our lives.

God is our source of everything material, and everything belongs to him.

God created us, and designed us to be with needs. Our needs are his idea. Therefore, he has promised to take care of us.

God feeds the birds, but he does not place worms in their nests.

God gives you food, but you have to put it in your mouth.

God will provide you with clothes, but you have to dress yourself.

The fruit is on the tree, but it will not fall into your mouth, you have to stretch your hand, and take it.
God cursed the ground, because of Adam's sin, so the financial curse came to man. But Jesus took the curse of the Law which is poverty for us, on the cross, and gave us his blessing. He took our curse, and gave us his blessing. Jesus came to preach the Gospel first to the poor!

A true giving, has no real loss.

The water which goes trough a pipe, wets the pipe too.When we cast all our cares to God, we need not to worry about them again. If we continue to worry about our cares, we take them back from God, and we try to solve our problems on our own, so we do not let God solve them for us!

Genesis 1:27,29, Psalm 128, Psalm 37:19, Psalm 118:25, Psalm 103:5, Matthew 6:3,4,11,2534, 1 Timothy 6:8-10,17-19, Matthew 7:9,10,11, Ephessians 4:28, Mark 8:2,3,17-21, Psalm 25:13, Psalm 68, Matthew 15:32-38, Psalm 111:5, Proverbs 15:6, Psalm 112:3, Deuteronomy 10:18, Psalm 84:11

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums