United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I hope that making those comments made you feel good. They did not need to be said.
There are a lot of people on here who are like that, unfortunately.
Thanks to both of you for the links! I'll definitely be doing more research on these things :)
My pleasure. :) I'm searching for a spiritual community as well. Right now I'm looking into UU, but I'll let you know if I find others.

Upvote 0

Morning Star Royal

King Jeffrey
Feb 10, 2014
Nazareth, PA USA
Visit site
✟15,130.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God chose me out of religion. This is because most of it has long been infiltrated and the scriptures altered. Further, teachers alter even more in their own interpretations. An angel came to keep me from being imprisoned with a captive flock. Before this, the LORD drew me up into paradise to be in his presence and in the Light of the Father which rayed from his heart. Light scriptures have also been deleted and altered from the Bible which is key in identifying saints and morning star royals such as myself along with confirmation from other saints (sent). If you are already one who can call Jesus Christ LORD, then this is a work of God's Spirit whom is superior to men and religion. The churches would be the one with a problem and would need you, not visa versa. But join me, I've been sent by the Father. He wants the end of all war, deforestation, and dirty/costly energy. Free magnetic power is being vehemently suppressed. So are gifted children of the Father. God will transform us and a place for us, but we must act still as if it were up to us. This is how cocreators are made. Pray alone in the quiet of night. See if the LORD does not come to you. Bond with those who are extensions of God and not just club members with humanistic understanding. The Way trumps all religion and denominations ?

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Wow !!! Much impressed with the "Master Mind" lingo. It seems the "Way" is another denom . Any 411 on "The Way"? Are you guys Charismatically based? Any foundation in Phill 4:8 ? Do you practice 2 Peter 2:18 ? Do you guys do 1 John 4:1-6 ? Got a few more ? but do like your presentation in my flesh. Mayhap you can satisfy these inquiries not of milk but meat?

Upvote 0

Morning Star Royal

King Jeffrey
Feb 10, 2014
Nazareth, PA USA
Visit site
✟15,130.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Phil 4:8, Absolutely. The Way predates "church" (body), and is no denomination of anything. The rest is caustic and derogatory, typical annoyance and misuse of protective scripture from those who block to no end the elect and make their lives of joy miserable. Don't take it too hard though. Even Peter was over legalistic concerning me. Heaven opened up over my driveway, the LORD was seated in the center on a throne with The Twelve standing six on either side. Peter contended that I had not yet died. Then, silence. I had the floor. Suddenly my voice thundered saying: "Listen to me, you radical saints: I have died every day of this life [in total humility placing God and Christ first at all times and listening and doing what God says no matter the obstacles]. If you wish to be my friends, then help me!!" The ground shook, people covered their heads, hid themselves and ran. This happed just two hours after I was given a Miracle Crown and Amethyst Scepter from the Father. After my thundering, I stared down a large and hideous image of the serpent, was given a large pearl and embrace from Archangel Michael, and was shown how I come and go from the camp of the army of God without being questioned or given instruction. Picture this: God revealed my light thus in a vision (remember those?): In it are four sources of light: On left, a gold orb lamp that is brightly lit; then a towering thick white candle requiring no base dwarfing a small candle (just larger than a birthday candle) next to it that needs a base and is attempting to light a tiny Bible slanted upright on a stand. That light is not bright white but dull orange. And finally, a tall gold singular 4-sided rectangular lamp/glass enclosure standing atop a long gold pole stand: A light that is a head above all the saints and kings before it (except one) which begins to describe the nature of morning star royals. There was one other time my voice thundered. It was in 1974 in the beginning of my 21 year process of morning star royal election which had important spiritual events occur every seventh year and a half seven or three and a half year period on the last seven. My voice thundered saying: "I stand now on the Stone of Destiny and behold the wisdom of the ages!" Again, the ground shook, people covered their heads, hid themselves and ran. Seven years later, my being brought up into paradise to be with the LORD and the Light of the Father. Seven years after that, His new commands to end all war, deforestation, dirty/costly energy, suppression of gifted children, and suppression of Open Contact and subsequent technological windfall. It can all be broken down scripturally. I have them all laid out as well. Even though it is a new process exceeding those before it, there are plenty of references, OT and NT. And since you asked for meat, no need for us to drown in spilled milk. Trademark symbol of crown goes here.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,049.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think the Bible is inerrant nor totally reflects God's will. Man is really good at twisting everything for his purpose, after all. And man is who is in charge of editing and distributing the Bible :p

If you believe that this is the case, then why do we keep the hard passages of Scripture? We've had 2000 years to twist it into a nice little book that doesn't say inconvenient things. Yet we still hold onto the passages that say inconvenient things.

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I believe what I believe. I'm SO tired of having to entertain "If you believe that, then why" questions. I am NOT trying to debate about religion/beliefs/practices/whatever.

Forget why I believe what I believe. I'm trying to find a place where I can feel welcome with my beliefs.

I think I've already found the answer, but I'm open to input that relates to my question.

Upvote 0

SuperLuey

Nov 3, 2012
✟15,813.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear kitkatmatt,
How are you? I read your thread first post.
No Church community is perfect. Heck the one I'm in has its flaws in this regard but atleast we all have one core belief system : the written word of God.
I understand what you saying. I been in that position for 3 years some years back.
I still believe you can find one that will aCcept you & your beliefs if you just keep looking and are patient. Also ask God (He's our Father & He is interested in what concerns or bothers you) to show you where to go.
The church community fellowship is a huge blessing to any believer (which I am glad you know). Please don't give up on church.
God bless & keep you in Jesus Name. Peace.
Yours truly,Luey.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Have you tried praying about it.

I have, yes.

The answers I've gotten also point to establishing my own group. But I know how I've failed in setting up other groups before, so I guess I'm hesitant about failing again :(

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
Church lost me in middle school.... Never liked it and never felt connected to a church or anyone.... I went to a few group gatherings like college age and men's groups and their curriculum was never geared towards people with my lifestyle

Upvote 0

actionsub

Sir, this is a Wendy's...
Jun 20, 2004
Belleville, IL
✟57,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the kind words, SuperLuey :) I'm not going to give up the search!

After reading the whole of this thread, I'd be inclined to point you in the direction of a more progressive Christian church, such as the United Church of Christ or the Episcopal Church. Both are fairly comfortable with a degree of questioning and/or dissent. From the things you listed in the OP, such as not believing in Hell or at least in eternal conscious torment (I hope I got that right) or your views on the Bible, I believe you would find either of those churches a comfortable fit.

Upvote 0