Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God himself says

Revelation 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

You're taking the words in a symbolic book literally? Okay, God Himself says:

Revelation 20:14

So much for hell. It gets burned up in the lake of fire. Death, too. You're sure you're doing the right thing understanding these words with the carnal, fleshly understanding? You're sure your understanding isn't, skewed? And it's leading you to paint a picture of God that is, very wrong?

God Himself says: John 6:53. How do you go about doing this? I presume we're taking everything God says, literally? Even though, in those verses you posted, I'm not seeing anything about "eternal torture for all sinners": I do see "taking part in fire" and such. "The cords of the wicked": nothing about "eternal torture is deserved by everyone"

So, where exactly are you reading "eternal torture is what everyone deserves"? I'm interested especially in seeing you cite these verses since, you claim that is what God teaches we all deserve, and what we all (except for people who have the same understanding as you) get? Could we see a couple of those passages?

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John Hyperspace..

Awesome if that was your last name lol. Me.. pfft just blade.. nothing.. just blade..

You asked something that is the most dear to my heart.. It is like a place that is so holy where you have to take off your shoes. Silly I know but.. "what if it was you". That is how I live.. Sitting on a bus that just crashed into a car..no one gets up to see the car we just hit.. my thinking is.. always.. what if that as me what would I want. You get up and go to help.. not to be the hero but.. no one else will go. See a guy getting beat up by I dont know 12 guys? You go around the block and like always that..what if it was me.. man I would hope SOMEONE would help.. you go back open your door..GET IN.. and drive off..

Oh blood of Jesus not to boast. Then so many years later you find that what you hold dear is written in the bible. That He was the one that gave you that desire in the 1st place.

So what if was me.. we all are not on the same level so to speak. Some are weak in the faith. We for a lack of a better word ..bow.. meaing we are the servants to all. For me if lets say you NEW that XMAS was a pagen day and I was at your house on Dec 25. I would not celebrate it in any way. When I went home and next year came around I would..at home.

I use to go to this "Church of God" and they are NOT all the same. Yet I went to this one because the pastor came to our door and would go DOOR TO DOOR. yeah.. dont see that. I am a man of faith..yet.. but I saw my Jesus in this man. Well one day me and my wife and about 8 others were praying holding hands..all eyes closed. I saw this beautiful square of land that had the most beautiful light green grass flowing back and forth. I dont know HOW I new but I new this was this Church. Then out of no where these HUGE gray rocks dropped all over. Well we know that means. The enemy comes in to steal the word...so do you see? I am not a speaker so forgive me

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Jesus didn't teach anyone about Hell as that is understood today by extremist.

Jesus did say he is the way, he has always been the way. God the Son is the way to God the Father. Anyone who earth who seeks and finds God finds them both.

..."its just one of those uncomfortable truths" that the new "chosen people" don't want to hear.

Yes he did. I'm not trying to convince you of anything..but god isn't a fluffy care bear, there are different sides to him..and unfortunately, for the people who want to believe in a lenient God, he is holy and just and... For those that choose not to follow god...well they go to hell. And they put themselves there..but god being loving, gives everyone chances to accept him.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Yes he did. I'm not trying to convince you of anything..but god isn't a fluffy care bear, there are different sides to him..and unfortunately, for the people who want to believe in a lenient God, he is holy and just and... For those that choose not to follow god...well they go to hell. And they put themselves there..but god being loving, gives everyone chances to accept him.
Well, a gallon can't fit into a quart.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

So much for hell. It gets burned up in the lake of fire. Death, too. You're sure you're doing the right thing understanding these words with the carnal, fleshly understanding? You're sure your understanding isn't, skewed? And it's leading you to paint a picture of God that is, very wrong?

God Himself says: John 6:53. How do you go about doing this? I presume we're taking everything God says, literally? Even though, in those verses you posted, I'm not seeing anything about "eternal torture for all sinners": I do see "taking part in fire" and such. "The cords of the wicked": nothing about "eternal torture is deserved by everyone"

So, where exactly are you reading "eternal torture is what everyone deserves"? I'm interested especially in seeing you cite these verses since, you claim that is what God teaches we all deserve, and what we all (except for people who have the same understanding as you) get? Could we see a couple of those passages?
The so called Book of Revelation is the surviving fragments of a great revelation or vision given to John on Patmos. Opocolyptic writers goofed it up and made it a dark mess that reveals speculative confusion. In short, no one seems to agree on what the BOR reveals, it's a roadmap to nowhere.

I agree with Luthers original assessment, "Christ is not found in it."

Upvote 0

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
But this is based upon your own belief, true? Which may or may not be correct (even though I'm sure you're of the mind that you are saved, and doing things "rightly"). In fact, there are many Christian denominations (Church of Christ being one of them) who would say, you have deceived yourself. You are wicked, and not worshipping rightly. You have willingly persisted in rebellion against God because you do not understand the bible as they do. Therefore, brother, you are going straight into hell along with every other "willingly ignorance sinner who persisted in continual sin"; and moreover, that God is just, and good for doing this to you. You see, love cannot ignore justice. That is why you are going to burn in horror forever.

1st question. This is based upon what the Word of God tells me. Doesn't matter what i believe, only that is what i believe in to be true. And I believe the bible to be true.

My question for the other denominations is, where do they get their information from? If it's contrary to the Word of God....it's wrong.

Now, again, do you find this "just" and "good"? If this happens to you, as they adamantly teach it will, do you think you deserve this fate? I will stand here and say, there is no way you deserve a fate such as that. Would you? I'm not asking you to say "I think the bible says that the wicked go to hell to suffer forever, and so if I'm wrong I deserve that fate" I'm asking you, if you think you deserve this fate? That it would be just and good to torture you for all of time? Not "I deserve to be tortured forever, but thankfully Christ has saved me from that" but "I deserve to be tortured forever"?

Again, we all deserve it, but God made a way for us to get out of it.
Also, I'm not talking about other denominations. I'm not even speaking of mine. I'm speaking about what God's word tells me. And the experience I have with Christ right now. Which is why I know I'm Born Again. Doesn't matter what the other denominations say. What matters is what does God say. And He says "Repent and put your trust in me."

At least, you believe that. According to the Church of Christ, you're wrong. Dead wrong. So if they are right, and you are in theological error, and all of your faith has been one big lie - do you deserve eternal torture? If God says, "The fact is, you have misunderstood the bible, and have worshipped Me in a way I did not wish; but your judgment is in your own hands right now" would you reply "I deserve eternal horror"?

Okay, then I would ask the Church of Christ to show me scriptural where I'm wrong.

I'm sorry, you don't sin "on purpose"? Then why are you sinning? As opposed to the "sinners" who do it "on purpose"?

When I repented of my sins, which were many. God forgave me of those sins and I now live my life for Him. As paul said it for me to die is to gain, to live is Christ.
I no longer go out and do the things that I used to do in the world of sin, I don't go out and use God's name in vain. I don't lie to anyone for any reason. I don't steal and most importantly I place God before everything in my life. Before my family my children, everything. I didn't do that when i lived a life in sin. It was all about me. Not anymore, it's all about Him.
So when and if I make a mistake, the Holy Spirit lets me know by pricking my conscience and reminding me of what the word says about sin. How it goes against God directly, how it show disrespect to God, and my family. He reminds me that there is no condemnation for me, that I have an advocate to the father. Christ and I go to him in prayer and ask him to forgive me. Trusting that He will keep me and knowing that nothing can pluck me from His hand.
We sin, because we are fallible. The only perfect man, was Christ. He carried our sins, yet never sinned.

So, do you no longer sin? Is that the claim? Do you realize that someone who steals one time, is guilty of, idolatry? Adultery? False witness? Coveting. Murder? James 2:10?

I relate to Paul here:
1Ti 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
1Ti 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
1Ti 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Or maybe they don't "do it on purpose"? Maybe they just, don't believe your understanding is true? Why should they? Or, in your eyes, are all "sinners" out there, tweaking their moustaches and saying "I just love to steal and murder? I'm so evil! Full power to the DEATH RAY!"

Sure they do. The bible tells us that they do. They refuse to deny themselves and follow christ.

Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

If you don't follow Him, You do this on purpose, because your given the chance to do so.

If a man says to you, my five-year-old said "No!" to me today, so I'm going to put cigarettes out on his entire body, would you nod and say "It's what he deserves; it's what we all deserve"? Or, would you call the police and report him?

Now you step into the absurdity of non reasoning people.
There is a difference between God and His justice and child abuse.
Of course i'd call the police, but before i did, I'd stopped the so called dad. Would you?

But of course. Everyone has the choice to understand what the bible says, just like you understand it, right? But all those people that aren't understanding it like you - well, they're doing it on purpose, and they'll get what they deserve: eternal torture? Again, I ask in all seriousness: is this the measuring stick of your judgment, really? Because I'll call into remembrance the words of Jesus: Matthew 7:2

Let's do the whole chapter 7
Let the Word be my measuring stick.

Are you really going to use that measuring stick? You're certain you want to use that measuring stick?
Matthew 7:1-29 Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

This isn't about what you think it is. We can judge, judge righteously. This is speaking about judging brother's and sister's in Christ. And how as Children of God we are to act toward one another. And I have cast out the beam out of my own eye, I've repented and placed my trust in Jesus. Have you?

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

By that which is holy, and pearls, are meant the truths and doctrines of the gospel; by dogs, and swine, debased and utterly profligate men. The sentiment is, that religious instruction is not to be urged upon men who are so sunk in depravity that they will receive it with imprecations and blasphemy.

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Again, Christ is talking to those who have followed Him. This is one of the many promise Christ has given us. Seek and ye shall find. He even promises this to the lost. If they seek out Christ in repentance, He will save them.He will keep them, He will protect them,and He will give them eternal life with Him and not in the lake of fire. But you must first repent and place your trust in Him.

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

The Golden rule. Treat people the way you want to be treated.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Here even Christ speaks of those who will make it to hell and to heaven. The way to hell is wide and broad, many go that way, and it's to destructions.
The way to heaven, strait, narrow, few find it, and leads to life.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits.

Herein lies the danger of wrong theology. False prophets come, and if you don't have sound theology. You will follow them. Because you won't know if they have the fruits of the spirit

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

If your church, pastor, and other in the congregation do not show any of these fruits. I would pray for them in earnest. And find another church.

Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Christ telling us what happens to those that don't bring forth good fruit. They are cast into the fire. Hell.

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The reason why they are cast away. Is because of the pride of life in them. It's all about them, not about Christ. Nor do they obey God's will.

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Is your faith and assurance of Christ build upon your understanding? It shouldnt be, that's like building your house on the sand. We are told to not lean unto our own understanding, but unto the Word of God.
We do the things Christ tells us to do, through His Word. Obey Him and Trust Him, is building that building on the Rock. It will not fall.

I've been asked on what Authority.....Christ is the Authority,given by Him, for Him and about Him.

I don't have a stick. But God has a two edged sword, His word, that He left those who trust and believe in Him. I don't need a stick.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

If it's symbolic why does it bother you so?

Not carnally, nor fleshly....I recieve understanding just as you could, throught the Holy Spirit. That's what He does, He teaches us, He brings understanding to God's word.

Context...Context...LOL What's funny is the Jews asked Chrsit the same exact question in verse 52. It's called a metaphor.

John 6:30-59 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work? Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not. All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven. And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven? Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves. No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. I am that bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever. These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

Easy:
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Ps 14:3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Ps 53:3 Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Ro 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

What is the wage for sin?

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

What is this death?

Re 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Re 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

verse 15 is the one you forgot earlier. If you have sin in your life and have not repented. Your name will not be found in the book of life.

We deserve it, But God made a way for us not to go to Hell.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The so called Book of Revelation is the surviving fragments of a great revelation or vision given to John on Patmos. Opocolyptic writers goofed it up and made it a dark mess that reveals speculative confusion. In short, no one seems to agree on what the BOR reveals, it's a roadmap to nowhere.

I can't really have knowledge about how the books came about, who wrote what and when. This happened before I was born, and can't comment on it. I know a lot of people put faith in the conclusions of, historians, archaeologists and textual critics, and such things; but I don't. I just, have no faith in the competence of men to come to right conclusions.

But, much as if someone says "The Lord of the Rings was corrupted from Tolkien's original vision, and has errors in it" and such, I would still reply, "Whatever the case in the past, the book is what it is, and I can understand the book as it is in my hands."

I see the Revelation in the bible, and I see a book that is supposed to be there; a book I would expect to be there. If it were not there, I would be saying to people, "There will be a great beast kingdom to come, and a king called 'Destroyer'; there will be judgment against the people of God; there will be the building of a great and terrible image; all men will worship the image; there will be a conqueror, coming to conquer, and there will be with him pestilence, and famine, and death. The great harlot will be judged by fire, and will fall..." etc.

If one asked "Where is this written?" I would point at the end of the old covenant and say "There." The old covenant and the new covenant are parallels; the new covenant is running the same pattern as the old, only in the new covenant everything is being fulfilled in a spiritual fashion instead of a carnal fashion.

What I mean is, the old covenant began on Passover with the carnal sons of carnal Israel being carnally delivered from carnal bondage to a carnal nation. The new covenant began on Passover with the spiritual sons of spiritual Israel being spiritually delivered from spiritual bondage to a spiritual nation. Both a doing the same pattern. In the old covenant, carnal Israel went carnally conquering with the carnal sword, while in the new covenant spiritual Israel (the disciples of Christ) went spirtually conquering with the spiritual sword of the gospel.

Then, as carnal Israel had long peace, and slowly forgot the Lord, and began corrupting themselves, and became apostate; so the church does the same. And as the Lord sent the king of Babylon to smite the city, and burn the temple of God in judgement, to carry the holy people away captive into Babylon until the time Babylon should fall; so we see the same thing happening in the Revelation: but in a spiritual fashion. It fits perfectly into the expected pattern, and also completes the 7th month Fall festivals as the gospels complete the 1st month Spring festivals.

This is why the imagery in the Revelation has to do with sounding trumpets, tredding of winepresses, and harvests: Day of Trumpets (7/1), Day of Atonement (7/10) and Festival of Ingathering (7/15-22).

However, none of these things are to be understood literally, and appealing to this book in a verse or two about "fire" as support of the teaching that "God tortures sinners forever" doesn't work, and is a misunderstanding leading to a greater false representation of God to the nations.

Upvote 0

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Ah, have you read Revelations?

Re 1:1 ¶ The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Re 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Historically, they were going to Name it the Revelation of Christ. That was too long,so they just named it Revelations.
But It's all about Christ, He's the one who gave it to John.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1st question. This is based upon what the Word of God tells me. Doesn't matter what i believe, only that is what i believe in to be true. And I believe the bible to be true.

My question for the other denominations is, where do they get their information from? If it's contrary to the Word of God....it's wrong.

They get their understanding from reading the bible, and interpreting the words; just like everyone else.

Again, we all deserve it, but God made a way for us to get out of it.
Also, I'm not talking about other denominations. I'm not even speaking of mine. I'm speaking about what God's word tells me. And the experience I have with Christ right now. Which is why I know I'm Born Again. Doesn't matter what the other denominations say. What matters is what does God say. And He says "Repent and put your trust in me."

Okay, then I would ask the Church of Christ to show me scriptural where I'm wrong.

When I repented of my sins, which were many. God forgave me of those sins and I now live my life for Him. As paul said it for me to die is to gain, to live is Christ.
I no longer go out and do the things that I used to do in the world of sin, I don't go out and use God's name in vain. I don't lie to anyone for any reason. I don't steal and most importantly I place God before everything in my life. Before my family my children, everything. I didn't do that when i lived a life in sin. It was all about me. Not anymore, it's all about Him.
So when and if I make a mistake, the Holy Spirit lets me know by pricking my conscience and reminding me of what the word says about sin. How it goes against God directly, how it show disrespect to God, and my family. He reminds me that there is no condemnation for me, that I have an advocate to the father. Christ and I go to him in prayer and ask him to forgive me. Trusting that He will keep me and knowing that nothing can pluck me from His hand.
We sin, because we are fallible. The only perfect man, was Christ. He carried our sins, yet never sinned.

I relate to Paul here:
1Ti 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
1Ti 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
1Ti 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Sure they do. The bible tells us that they do. They refuse to deny themselves and follow christ.

Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

If you don't follow Him, You do this on purpose, because your given the chance to do so.

Now you step into the absurdity of non reasoning people.
There is a difference between God and His justice and child abuse.
Of course i'd call the police, but before i did, I'd stopped the so called dad. Would you?

Let's do the whole chapter 7
Let the Word be my measuring stick.

Matthew 7:1-29 Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

This isn't about what you think it is. We can judge, judge righteously. This is speaking about judging brother's and sister's in Christ. And how as Children of God we are to act toward one another. And I have cast out the beam out of my own eye, I've repented and placed my trust in Jesus. Have you?

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

By that which is holy, and pearls, are meant the truths and doctrines of the gospel; by dogs, and swine, debased and utterly profligate men. The sentiment is, that religious instruction is not to be urged upon men who are so sunk in depravity that they will receive it with imprecations and blasphemy.

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Again, Christ is talking to those who have followed Him. This is one of the many promise Christ has given us. Seek and ye shall find. He even promises this to the lost. If they seek out Christ in repentance, He will save them.He will keep them, He will protect them,and He will give them eternal life with Him and not in the lake of fire. But you must first repent and place your trust in Him.

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

The Golden rule. Treat people the way you want to be treated.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Here even Christ speaks of those who will make it to hell and to heaven. The way to hell is wide and broad, many go that way, and it's to destructions.
The way to heaven, strait, narrow, few find it, and leads to life.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits.

Herein lies the danger of wrong theology. False prophets come, and if you don't have sound theology. You will follow them. Because you won't know if they have the fruits of the spirit

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

If your church, pastor, and other in the congregation do not show any of these fruits. I would pray for them in earnest. And find another church.

Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Christ telling us what happens to those that don't bring forth good fruit. They are cast into the fire. Hell.

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The reason why they are cast away. Is because of the pride of life in them. It's all about them, not about Christ. Nor do they obey God's will.

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Is your faith and assurance of Christ build upon your understanding? It shouldnt be, that's like building your house on the sand. We are told to not lean unto our own understanding, but unto the Word of God.
We do the things Christ tells us to do, through His Word. Obey Him and Trust Him, is building that building on the Rock. It will not fall.

I've been asked on what Authority.....Christ is the Authority,given by Him, for Him and about Him.

I don't have a stick. But God has a two edged sword, His word, that He left those who trust and believe in Him. I don't need a stick.

In all of that, I didn't see anything in the bible saying "sinners deserve eternal torture for eternity, and that is what they get"; I would like to see these passages in which God is teaching you to teach such a thing. These do not have to be word-for-word, but I would like to see what passages are causing you to be so certain that "we all deserve to be tortured for ever, and anyone who is a sinner will be tortured forever"; what passages are so clearly teaching you this, that you would risk blasphemy against God to teach it to others? Please note again that "blasphemy" means to "injure the name", and if your teaching that "God tortures sinners forever, just as we all deserve" is in error, you have been teaching a terrible image of God; one that has caused great harm to His holy name in the sight of all nations.

Meaning, pointing at a good man who lives on your block, and telling children "That man tortures helpless women in his basement" is very injurious to the good name of the man. I would hope you would be very certain of the torture chamber before you began to tell others that it was true.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If it's symbolic why does it bother you so?

Not carnally, nor fleshly....I recieve understanding just as you could, throught the Holy Spirit. That's what He does, He teaches us, He brings understanding to God's word.

Context...Context...LOL What's funny is the Jews asked Chrsit the same exact question in verse 52. It's called a metaphor.

John 6:30-59 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work? Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not. All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven. And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven? Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves. No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. I am that bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever. These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

Easy:
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Ps 14:3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Ps 53:3 Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Ro 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

What is the wage for sin?

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

I'm sorry but "death" isn't remotely the same as "we all deserve eternal torture, and sinners are going to be eternally tortured"

What is this death?

Re 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Re 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Okay, so apparently the we deserve "death" but for some odd reason, "death" is being destroyed in the apocalyptic symbolism you've cited. How does the destruction of death in an apocalyptic image translate to you as the belief that "we all deserve eternal torture, and that is what sinners are going to get"?

Or, are you interpreting "cast into the lake of fire" in an apocalyptic book as justifying teaching people "we all deserve to be tortured forever, and that is what sinners are going to get"? Also, what kind of fire can burn up "death" and "hell"?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Ah, have you read Revelations?

Re 1:1 ¶ The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Re 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Historically, they were going to Name it the Revelation of Christ. That was too long,so they just named it Revelations.
But It's all about Christ, He's the one who gave it to John.
I think there was a revelation to John, but I don't think it survived intact. I think the BOR was edited and redacted like other books in the bible.

Faith in God does not require us to believe in untruthful things.

Upvote 0

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
They get their understanding from reading the bible, and interpreting the words; just like everyone else.

Okay, here's a question, if your a non-instrumental Church of Christ, member.
Do you believe God gives us gifts? And if so, should we not use those gifts to praise God? Because everything that was made was made by Him, right?

In all of that, I didn't see anything in the bible saying "sinners deserve eternal torture for eternity, and that is what they get"; I would like to see these passages in which God is teaching you to teach such a thing. These do not have to be word-for-word, but I would like to see what passages are causing you to be so certain that "we all deserve to be tortured for ever, and anyone who is a sinner will be tortured forever"; what passages are so clearly teaching you this, that you would risk blasphemy against God to teach it to others? Please note again that "blasphemy" means to "injure the name", and if your teaching that "God tortures sinners forever, just as we all deserve" is in error, you have been teaching a terrible image of God; one that has caused great harm to His holy name in the sight of all nations.

Maybe you'll see it logically.

1. The punishment for sin is Hell.
2. All men have sinned.
3. Therefore all men who sin will be punished Hell.

But because we are given salvation thru faith by grace...grace meaning we receive something we did not deserve.it would stand to reason, if we didn't deserve grace, then we deserved something else.....the opposite of what God is giving us, eternal life with Him in Heaven and on the new earth. Therefore, in Hell. with Satan and His Angels.

Meaning, pointing at a good man who lives on your block, and telling children "That man tortures helpless women in his basement" is very injurious to the good name of the man. I would hope you would be very certain of the torture chamber before you began to tell others that it was true.

Again you step into the path of absurdity.
Your last statement is non nonsensical and goofy.

Upvote 0

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm sorry but "death" isn't remotely the same as "we all deserve eternal torture, and sinners are going to be eternally tortured"

Okay, so apparently the we deserve "death" but for some odd reason, "death" is being destroyed in the apocalyptic symbolism you've cited. How does the destruction of death in an apocalyptic image translate to you as the belief that "we all deserve eternal torture, and that is what sinners are going to get"?

Or, are you interpreting "cast into the lake of fire" in an apocalyptic book as justifying teaching people "we all deserve to be tortured forever, and that is what sinners are going to get"? Also, what kind of fire can burn up "death" and "hell"?

Your making this more complicated than it is.
Yeah, these are apocalyptic scriptures. Of judgment day. Which will happen.
When you sin, you sin against God. He hates sin and will eradicate it. His punishment for sin, is Hell. End of story.
When you were younger, and you disobeyed your parents you were punish equivalent to how much they would or could punish you. When you got older and you got a job and you messed up at work, your boss would punish you equivalent to how much he would or could punish you. At a different level,
When you disobey God, creator of all, eternal, loving, righteous, and just. He will punish you equivalent to how much He will punish you. Eternally, in Hell.

It's very simple. The only way out of it. Is to repent, and place your trust in Christ.

all the dodging, saying it won't happen. Doesn't change it, it's going to happen. We all will be judged by Christ. For it is appoint unto us to die, then Christ.
IF He don't know you, he will tell you to get away from Him and you will be cast into the lake of fire. Where coincidentally is the same place Death and Satan will be cast at the final day of judgment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I think there was a revelation to John, but I don't think it survived intact. I think the BOR was edited and redacted like other books in the bible.

Faith in God does not require us to believe in untruthful things.

Where do you get your information about the bible being redacted or even edited?
Thats Islamic belief, and very untrue.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, here's a question, if your a non-instrumental Church of Christ, member.

I'm not a member of that denomination, as I do not share their understanding of the scripture.

Maybe you'll see it logically.

1. The punishment for sin is Hell.
2. All men have sinned.
3. Therefore all men who sin will be punished Hell.

Ah, but you've forgotten the first and most important step of all logical form of syllogism: defining your terms. I suggest you start by defining "hell" by using the bible. For instance, if you wish to define this word as "a place of literal fire where all sinners will be tortured for all of time, no chance of ever being release; which fate is deserved by all of us, and will be enacted upon them" then if you could cite a passage or two that could clearly establish this?

Your last statement is non nonsensical and goofy.

I'm sorry if you find it goofy; but I shouldn't think that potential blasphemy against God would be taken as 'goofy'. Remember, if your understanding of the concept of "hell" is in error, and let us suppose the concept really means something like "a spiritual fire temporarily used by God for the purpose of refinement of spiritual gold", then by teaching "we all deserve eternal torture, and eternal torture is the characteristic of God, which He will execute upon billions of people who were confused" you have injured the name of God in painting Him in a malevolent way that is not consistent with His character.

Please note that I'm not using the word "blasphemy" to offend, frighten or in any way hurt your feelings- but using it as, what would be a fact of definition.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Where do you get your information about the bible being redacted or even edited?
Thats Islamic belief, and very untrue.
The Documentary Hypothisis https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documentary_hypothesis has been in existence among biblical scholars for a long time. Much of the Old Testament dates to the Babylonion captivity period. Islam has scriptures that they claim are inerrant. So do other religions.

Upvote 0

7trees

Oct 15, 2016
Australia
✟8,084.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I really do know the love of God. It's one of the things that allows me to understand that these doctrines are not only, untrue and in error of understanding; but are injuring the name of God.

No, in fact everything you say without exception is false, represents a butchery of the bible and has made you your own god. Does that sound familiar?

Upvote 0