Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Im struggling on life's journey. There's my career(hopefully it being the right one),financial problems, household problems and my bf and i want to get married.I have been distant with God, but I want to get back on track and need help. a prayer for me would really help me out, and I'll definitely be praying for everyone else

Prayers for you. :)

Upvote 0
L

letssee

Im struggling on life's journey. There's my career(hopefully it being the right one),financial problems, household problems and my bf and i want to get married.I have been distant with God, but I want to get back on track and need help. a prayer for me would really help me out, and I'll definitely be praying for everyone else

I prayed for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
My inlaws' dog, Shaggy, needs prayers! He was diagnosed with immune mediated hemolytic anemia this week and his red blood cell count is very low. He may need a blood transfusion if the count gets much lower. He is still a fairly young dog and has brought a lot of joy to the family. Here's to hoping he can pull through this. ♥

264914_10100194943849842_1795540393_n.jpg

Also, my MIL is praying for Shaggy and I feel like this is more important than just Shaggy, due to her iffy believes in God. God knows what He is doing, though, and I can see that He has managed to draw her closer to him through this already.

Reactions: mina
Upvote 0

Puptart

Live, Laugh, Love.. and adopt a dog :)
May 14, 2012
Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada
✟16,539.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
This is cross-posted from the LSHO "What's on my mind" thread.

My friend is losing her dog.. her precious Eskie.. who has Evan's Syndrome (auto-immune disease). Many dogs with the condition barely live at all, but this pup is 9 years old and an absolute miracle. But he's taken a turn for the worst... He's barely hanging on right now, his platelettes are down to 14,000 (and they should be up above 100,000), his nose is bleeding, they think he might be bleeding in his liver. He's in an Oxygen cage right now fighting for his life.

Our dogs are as important to us as humans.. if not more so. My heart is breaking :( :prayer:

Here's a picture of Casper:

282208_10150963602659869_1703159978_n.jpg

Casper seems to be dying. :cry:

He has been brought home, as there is nothing else the hospital can do for him. His liver is refusing to work correctly and his numbers are dropping. :(

But God is just and fair in all things in this world, even if we do not understand. I know not all people believe animals have a place in heaven, but frankly I do not agree. God is with them all, especially Casper. He will never be alone, forever and ever.

Currently he is at home and is being kept comfortable and pain free. At times he acts normal.. like he's not even sick. He hasn't ate much lately but is apparently taking some cheese from time to time.. I've never owned a dog OR cat who could turn down a piece of cheese. :)

There is no timeline of events. Only time will tell what happens now.

I wonder if it's strange that I can't stop crying. It may sound odd, but he was "all of our" dog. He was a bit of a public figure in our community! :) He is such a fluffy little fighter. An inspiration.

[/dog lover]

Please pray for Casper the American Eskimo Dog, and his beloved family.

He's still hanging on.. and has come back from the brink in the past. So I should mention a miracle is always possible. Though in this case, with the liver being damaged.. it is unlikely.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wren
Upvote 0

Dreamer8

Jul 21, 2012
✟595.00
Faith
Judaism
Mrs. Luther073082 said:
My inlaws' dog, Shaggy, needs prayers! He was diagnosed with immune mediated hemolytic anemia this week and his red blood cell count is very low. He may need a blood transfusion if the count gets much lower. He is still a fairly young dog and has brought a lot of joy to the family. Here's to hoping he can pull through this. ?

Also, my MIL is praying for Shaggy and I feel like this is more important than just Shaggy, due to her iffy believes in God. God knows what He is doing, though, and I can see that He has managed to draw her closer to him through this already.

Nooooo
I'm also a animal lover and if u live near me I'll gladly donate some of my blood, it should work cuz I got dat dere universal blood and I'm a we're wolf like Jacob black

But serious be prayin for him and the last 5 posts on the thread but I gotta read em again cus i forgot em gimme a sec

Casper needs my help too!! *praying*

Kittysbcute I'll pray for ur unspoken request, Does it involve a dog? If so I'll pray extra hard :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mrs. Luther073082

Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Nooooo
I'm also a animal lover and if u live near me I'll gladly donate some of my blood, it should work cuz I got dat dere universal blood and I'm a we're wolf like Jacob black

But serious be prayin for him and the last 5 posts on the thread but I gotta read em again cus i forgot em gimme a sec

Casper needs my help too!! *praying*

Kittysbcute I'll pray for ur unspoken request, Does it involve a dog? If so I'll pray extra hard :)

Thanks for lifting up Shaggy in prayer. I will post updates on him when I know more. He has an appointment tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
This is cross-posted from the LSHO "What's on my mind" thread.

Casper seems to be dying. :cry:

He has been brought home, as there is nothing else the hospital can do for him. His liver is refusing to work correctly and his numbers are dropping. :(

But God is just and fair in all things in this world, even if we do not understand. I know not all people believe animals have a place in heaven, but frankly I do not agree. God is with them all, especially Casper. He will never be alone, forever and ever.

Currently he is at home and is being kept comfortable and pain free. At times he acts normal.. like he's not even sick. He hasn't ate much lately but is apparently taking some cheese from time to time.. I've never owned a dog OR cat who could turn down a piece of cheese. :)

There is no timeline of events. Only time will tell what happens now.

I wonder if it's strange that I can't stop crying. It may sound odd, but he was "all of our" dog. He was a bit of a public figure in our community! :) He is such a fluffy little fighter. An inspiration.

[/dog lover]

Please pray for Casper the American Eskimo Dog, and his beloved family.

He's still hanging on.. and has come back from the brink in the past. So I should mention a miracle is always possible. Though in this case, with the liver being damaged.. it is unlikely.

:hug:

"Be thou comforted, little dog, Thou too in Resurrection shall have a little golden tail." -- Martin Luther

Upvote 0

Puptart

Live, Laugh, Love.. and adopt a dog :)
May 14, 2012
Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada
✟16,539.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
:hug:

"Be thou comforted, little dog, Thou too in Resurrection shall have a little golden tail." -- Martin Luther

I love this :hug:

He's still hanging on. He's such an amazing god. Here is the update from his "mom", who loves him more than life itself (as it should be).

-----------------
We got Casper home late last night. He was happy to be home and wants us close by so he relaxes when we are all on the floor near him. When we go to the kitchen or bathroom, his watchful eye is always trained on us until we return. We set up camp in the living room so we could all sleep near the terrace door where his potty is. It was a long night of getting to know a new routine. We are starting to understand his new signals when he wants to potty and when he wants to drink which are both almost every 3 hours. We are taking him out as he requests so he gets much more relaxed and comfy after a pee, drink and treat. He is glad to have his mulch-filled potty and does his spin before peeing dance.

At the hospital the pee area was stone so he would always want to go to the plants to pee. He ate some more bread yesterday and his My Little Wolf soft treats. He did not want his cheese last night only bread. This morning he wants cheese not bread. And in true Casper fashion you just can't trick him by hiding cheese in bread or the other way around. He wants what he wants and even though he is hungry he will check each piece we offer to make sure it is exactly what he wants. No hidden added stuff. He has always been such a picky eater. There was a dog food he had once where he would eat the kibble in a specific shape/color order.

We have the A/C on and a fan directed at him like they did in the hospital and we are taking his temp every 4 hours to monitor for signs of fever. And we are observing his respiratory rate and heart rate. Sometimes he looks tired and then sometimes looks so normal smiling at us.

We need to feed him every 3-4 hours in small batches. At least here we can try all sorts of stuff. At hospital if he does not like what they offer they just do not know that he likes variety and will eat once you find out what he wants. And he needs food for his meds. We have 15 pills to give him which we are splitting throughout the day so it's not overwhelming. He finally had a poo today. His tushy is super soiled from the hospital stay so we cleaned it up and he seems much happier now. Once he has rested more I will do a more thorough cleaning coz he was always so particular about his bottom being clean.

So like I said it's been a long night and morning. All 3 of us were up for most of it but did get 30 mins shuteye a few times. Glad to have him here where we can monitor him closely. We prayed over him and let him know it is ok to go if he wants. He does not have to stay for us. All he needs to do is let us know.

559324_10151078666704869_1382024883_n.jpg

Despite how he looks we are very worried coz his gums are so pale and none of his bruises/wounds are healing. His belly big and yellow from jaundice. Doc warned us that he could deteriorate quickly so we are keeping eyes and ears open. Someone from the hospital called to get information on how he is so I gave them all the info to give to his doc. They said they will check again tomorrow to see how he is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0