Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Nonsense. talking to you is always an argument. You twist everything I say. Do us both a favor, chill out and go argue elsewhere. I wouldn't join any church you represent, you give the whole thing a bad image
You said that theology is horrible. I think your exact words have been things like "yuck, yuck, yuck".

You wouldn't join the Church Paul went to, because contention was everywhere. Contention was in literally every church he built because humans were there. Want a church without contention? You don't want a church with ANY humans in it, Christ included. I can't picture anyone who was more contentious than Christ. He was so contentious that the religious leaders rose up to murder Him. So was Stephen, one of the first Deacons. Paul was beheaded. Peter was crucified upside down. Thomas was murdered. Every single Apostle died a martyr because they were contentious. The majority of the 70 disciples were murdered because they were contentious.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You said that theology is horrible. I think your exact words have been things like "yuck, yuck, yuck".

You wouldn't join the Church Paul went to, because contention was everywhere. Contention was in literally every church he built because humans were there. Want a church without contention? You don't want a church with ANY humans in it, Christ included. I can't picture anyone who was more contentious than Christ. He was so contentious that the religious leaders rose up to murder Him. So was Stephen, one of the first Deacons. Paul was beheaded. Peter was crucified upside down. Thomas was murdered. Every single Apostle died a martyr because they were contentious. The majority of the 70 disciples were murdered because they were contentious.

With you its all about religion, but never do you talk about the Lord in a personal way, or about love. That's your heart. Its just a bunch of religious rules and church attendance.. Please don't preach to me about sound doctrine. You give church a bad name. You hound people because they don't attend Church according to your fantasy, (EO-onlyism) then you expect them to join? get real man. You only chase people away

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Orthodox Colitis Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
With you its all about religion, but never do you talk about the Lord in a personal way, or about love. That's your heart. Its just a bunch of religious rules and church attendance.. Please don't preach to me about sound doctrine. You give church a bad name. You hound people because they don't attend Church according to your fantasy, (EO-onlyism) then you expect them to join? get real man. You only chase people away

Oh, so forsaking the gathering of the brethren isn't violation of Scripture. Good to know. I'll just tell God that HE shouldn't care about how I decide to reinterpret what He says because it really is all about what makes me comfortable.

And let me make this real big, since you really can't let go of off-topic malarkey:

This has nothing to do with WHICH church you go to. This has to do with your absolute refusal to discuss anything about Doctrine. This has to do with your refusal to obey the Scripture when it commands you to GATHER with the GATHERING. You change the very definition of the word "Ekklessia" to something that Paul and His Apostles would NEVER have imagined and then you try to ignore it because of an unrelated issue.

Now that we have put the topic of the Orthodox Church's claims into the realm of being 100% completely off topic, are you ready to discuss how obeying Scripture is being legalistic? Or would you rather discuss that with God, when He tells you that you forsook the assembling of the brethren?

I find the kind of faith that can't discuss salvation, ecclesiology, or the nature of Who God is to be, at best, shallow. It is a childISH faith, not child-like. The difference? Childish faith is afraid to explore new things and the complexity of what God has revealed. It is afraid to take a stand and be brave. It is afraid of contention. Child-like faith accepts God and is ready to learn through EVERY medium God uses to teach us, not just our perceptions, but through our interactions with others. It is ready to learn by teaching others, even.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be restrained; where there is knowledge, it will be dismissed. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when the perfect comes, the partial passes away.

11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I set aside childish ways. 12Now we see but a dim reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
The question for you is whether you will set aside childish ways and face Satan head on by doing the difficult thing. Or will you let him win in your life by keeping you segregated on your own, where he can prey on you any time he wants? See, we are still His sheep. Sheep are not kept on their own. They are kept in a herd for a reason. On their own, sheep are weak and vulnerable to the wolves, bears, and lions. But in a herd, with a Shepherd, they are strong. They blur into one another so that the lion can't single one of them out for attack.

And what does the shepherd do with his rod when a sheep strays from the herd? He breaks the sheep's legs! You celebrate in being away from the herd so much. You aren't a shepherd. You're a sheep. So am I. So is every Christian in the world. Even St. Mary of Egypt had St. Zosimas to bring her Communion in the desert.

We need the Church. Every one of us. Remember the Casting Crown's song "Slow Fade"? It says something very important for us to remember: "Be careful if you think you stand. You just might be sinking." You're on the Titanic, dude. Get yourself to a lifeboat

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh, so forsaking the gathering of the brethren isn't violation of Scripture. Good to know. I'll just tell God that HE shouldn't care about how I decide to reinterpret what He says because it really is all about what makes me comfortable.

And let me make this real big, since you really can't let go of off-topic malarkey:

This has nothing to do with WHICH church you go to.
You blamed me for not going to church. The utter hypocrisy of your post is evident. You have said that any Church that's not EO is following a false Gospel. Now, in hypocrisy, you blame for not going to the churches you condemned? You already sunk because your faith falls apart without a Church. Mine however doesn't. You say I'm childish yet its you who need a human teacher you call father. I'm a big boy.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Yes, I believe two or more must be gathered together for Christ to be there also.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You blamed me for not going to church. The utter hypocrisy of your post is evident. You have said that any Church that's not EO is following a false Gospel. Now, in hypocrisy, you blame for not going to the churches you condemned? You already sunk because your faith falls apart without a Church. Mine however doesn't. You say I'm childish yet its you who need a human teacher you call father. I'm a big boy.
Yes, W2L, your testimony for a long time and now is good and faithful in Y'SHUA MESSIAH. By the testimony of Y'SHUA MESSIAH and HIS BLOOD, you have overcome the enemy, and YHWH has delighted over you with singing and dancing and joy, and gives you peace and joy and life according to the riches of HIS GRACE in Y'SHUA.
Those who touch the apple of HIS EYE will find out YHWH does not sit still for that.

You, W2L, are a blessing and Y'SHUA SHEPHERDS you as HE PROMISED.
Continue being faithful and true, as Y'SHUA says to everyone of HIS disciples: endure to the end, lo "I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS" and "I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU NOR DESERT YOU "...... Y'SHUA IS FAITHFUL ALWAYS,
we
can rest in HIS FAITHFULNESS and our JOY is in the STRENGTH we have in UNION WITH HIM as HE SAYS.

• Agree
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, W2L, your testimony for a long time and now is good and faithful in Y'SHUA MESSIAH. By the testimony of Y'SHUA MESSIAH and HIS BLOOD, you have overcome the enemy, and YHWH has delighted over you with singing and dancing and joy, and gives you peace and joy and life according to the riches of HIS GRACE in Y'SHUA.
Those who touch the apple of HIS EYE will find out YHWH does not sit still for that.

You, W2L, are a blessing and Y'SHUA SHEPHERDS you as HE PROMISED.
Continue being faithful and true, as Y'SHUA says to everyone of HIS disciples: endure to the end, lo "I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS" and "I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU NOR DESERT YOU "...... Y'SHUA IS FAITHFUL ALWAYS,
we
can rest in HIS FAITHFULNESS and our JOY is in the STRENGTH we have in UNION WITH HIM as HE SAYS.
Thank you. Yes, the Lord forsakes no one. The spirit will testify for me, just as he does. He is our advocate.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.

34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[j]

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I'll just tell God that HE shouldn't care about how I decide to reinterpret what He says because it really is all about what makes me comfortable.
It is pretty certain HE knows that already.
If not for HIS GRACE, we would not know the TRUTH ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others

Correction. I said incomplete. Not false.

My stance has been crystal clear on that and, as I said, it's irrelevant to the fact that:
1. Scripture commands that Christians gather, physically, together.
2. Scripture commands that Christians submit one to another.
3. You say that you don't need to gather, physically, together.
4. You say that submitting one to another is needing a human teacher I call father.

You're a big boy? Well, be a big boy and recuse yourself of the name you are claiming, because you obviously don't need the rules of your Father Who is in Heaven. If you're so mature that not all of Scripture applies to you, then you don't need to keep the name of Christ, do you? I mean really, what semblance do you have to the early Church? They gathered together, every day, receiving Communion, every day, teaching each other, every day. Do you participate in any of that?

You claim to have found the faith. Your faith would be completely unrecognizable by Paul. It has none of what Paul did on a daily basis. You claim to follow Paul, and yet you eschew debate while he was constantly debating. You eschew gathering while he gathered physically daily.

As I said before, this has nothing to do with my claim about the Church. This has to do with YOUR CLAIM to be EXEMPT from the COMMANDS OF SCRIPTURE.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.

34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[j]

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The operative word for you is "if". You haven't shown God to be for you. God isn't for disobedience, last I checked. The problem is that what separates you from the Head of the Church is your refusal to accept His Body in any form whatsoever.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The operative word for you is "if". You haven't shown God to be for you. God isn't for disobedience, last I checked. The problem is that what separates you from the Head of the Church is your refusal to accept His Body in any form whatsoever.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then why doesn't He tell me that you are His? Go ahead. Accuse me of listening to Satan, there. The Spirit isn't testifying for you, because He doesn't testify in defense of direct disobedience.

He doesn't need to tell you anything. I wasn't suggesting God would tell you anything. That wasn't the point I was making.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@sculleywr

Besides, even if you say non EO churches are incomplete, your argument is still one of hypocrisy. You say I'm not obeying the Lord without a church, but that would apply if I joined an incomplete church as well. Either way your argument is hypocrisy. You accuse me of wrong because I don't join a wrong church.

You should stop hounding me and just walk away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
No. You said false.
No. My stance was clear. Do not lie about what my stance has been. It is YOU who have been bringing the word "false" to the table. I said incomplete. This means only that small parts of manmade teaching had to be inserted, such as Sola Scriptura. Not that the entirety of the message was false.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No. My stance was clear. Do not lie about what my stance has been. It is YOU who have been bringing the word "false" to the table. I said incomplete. This means only that small parts of manmade teaching had to be inserted, such as Sola Scriptura. Not that the entirety of the message was false.
In another thread you said there are many denominations following many Christ's. You also said they followed false Lord and gospel
It doesn't matter however, because even saying they are incomplete is still hypocrisy if you judge me for not joining one.

Kindly remove your teeth from my rear end and stop goading and hounding me.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
You don't know what you're talking about.
You refuse to assemble together with the brethren. That's not difficult to ascertain. It doesn't take a five year old knowledge to understand that going online isn't the same as "go outside and play with your friends." If I were to have gone on the computer when my mom told me to go outside and play, I would have been spanked for disobedience. And yet, when God tells you to go outside and play with His friends, you refuse. Five year old me could understand that concept. What makes you special that you don't have to follow God's command? You claim to have depression. Did it ever occur to you that depression is negatively effected by lack of physical social contact? Multiple medical studies have shown that online interaction reinforces the serotonin imbalance that causes clinical depression. I know this as I'm currently being treated for the condition with Lexapro and a hefty prescription of "get out and do things outside" by my psychiatrist at Meridian Behavioral Health.

God knew what He was talking about, just as my parents knew what they were talking about, when He commanded us to go outside and play. You cannot be part of the brethren if you do not hang out with the brethren, as it were.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
In another thread you said there are many denominations following many Christ's. You also said they followed false Lord and gospel
It doesn't matter however, because even saying they are incomplete is still hypocrisy if you judge me for not joining one.

Kindly remove your teeth from my rear end and stop goading and hounding me.
It's hard for people to kick against the pricks. It isn't hypocrisy to tell you to obey God's command. I do not think you know the meaning of the word hypocrisy if that's the definition you give it, because hypocrisy is telling someone to do something I don't do. I'm telling you to not forsake the assembling together of the brethren as some have done. That is Scripture, not hypocrisy.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You refuse to assemble together with the brethren. That's not difficult to ascertain. It doesn't take a five year old knowledge to understand that going online isn't the same as "go outside and play with your friends." If I were to have gone on the computer when my mom told me to go outside and play, I would have been spanked for disobedience. And yet, when God tells you to go outside and play with His friends, you refuse. Five year old me could understand that concept. What makes you special that you don't have to follow God's command? You claim to have depression. Did it ever occur to you that depression is negatively effected by lack of physical social contact? Multiple medical studies have shown that online interaction reinforces the serotonin imbalance that causes clinical depression. I know this as I'm currently being treated for the condition with Lexapro and a hefty prescription of "get out and do things outside" by my psychiatrist at Meridian Behavioral Health.

God knew what He was talking about, just as my parents knew what they were talking about, when He commanded us to go outside and play. You cannot be part of the brethren if you do not hang out with the brethren, as it were.
You are obsessed it seems. I must have really hit a nerve. You can have the last word.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.