What happens to people who saw shamans?

Person21

Jul 23, 2014
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The bible isn't clear about what happens to people who see shamans. I have been suffering from different spiritual problems for over a year. I've been hearing voices and ringing in my ears, felt heat and burning sensations inside and outside my body, and had nightmares and dreams every time I went to sleep. This shaman I found out about, I've read two testimonies about him from different people, he appears to be drawing spirits out of people's bodies and doing something called "psychic surgery" with an Islamic magick spirit that also reverses the effects of black magic. My spiritual problems are very much black magic, and they were caused by a store employee who didn't seem to like me and put a curse or something on an object I purchased from her. I've done some research on this, and what this shaman is doing is using a spirit to push out others that possess a person and patch them up somehow with some type of shielding, and the best it would last is for about a few years. Right after I found out about this shaman, I had a warning dream from the current spirits that are harassing me. They told me in the dream that if I do magic, it would take away 20 years of my life, or something like that. I just want to get rid of these things, I don't know what will happen to me if I get an exorcism.

peterandrewj

Wayfarer
Jan 14, 2014
NYC
✟8,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The bible isn't clear about what happens to people who see shamans. I have been suffering from different spiritual problems for over a year. I've been hearing voices and ringing in my ears, felt heat and burning sensations inside and outside my body, and had nightmares and dreams every time I went to sleep. This shaman I found out about, I've read two testimonies about him from different people, he appears to be drawing spirits out of people's bodies and doing something called "psychic surgery" with an Islamic magick spirit that also reverses the effects of black magic. My spiritual problems are very much black magic, and they were caused by a store employee who didn't seem to like me and put a curse or something on an object I purchased from her. I've done some research on this, and what this shaman is doing is using a spirit to push out others that possess a person and patch them up somehow with some type of shielding, and the best it would last is for about a few years. Right after I found out about this shaman, I had a warning dream from the current spirits that are harassing me. They told me in the dream that if I do magic, it would take away 20 years of my life, or something like that. I just want to get rid of these things, I don't know what will happen to me if I get an exorcism.

I can't imagine anything more likely to cause someone to believe God must be real, than the experience of being assaulted by spirits. Neither can I imagine anything more perplexing than trying to figure out their methods, and motives, and a way to circumvent them.

I know God lives, and know he sees what is happening, and is near to you desiring you to reach out to him, because he loves you like you can't imagine and does not want you to die.

But I know you may have to exhaust all your options, before you believe and seek him like your life depends on it.

I don't believe there is any power in this world that can deliver one from evil spirits that have risen up to destroy.

They want you to run; its' their game, like a mouse between cats paws. Run to the shaman, run to the spiritualists, run to a psych ward, or run over a cliff.

I know what you're going through and my only advice is when all else fails, look for God with all your heart. Pick up the bible and read it looking for him. Use your heart because it’s from within you will discover God exists. Set your love on him and seek his face.

Jesus has the power to vanquish them; to turn their strength into mush; to lift you higher than they can reach.

You must find God if you want to survive it.
I'm praying for you as God wants me to.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe in God and Jesus Christ? Have you accepted Christ as your savior? Did you mean it or just mumble a prayer that someone told you to say?

I have a good friend who said that he was being harassed by a "spirit" last year. He told a few friends who meet reguarly as a Via de Cristo reunion group. We told him that his spirit is a demon and he can invoke the name of Jesus to drive the demon away. We prayed over him in his home and told him to say, "In the name of Jesus Christ, I order you to leave" when he felt or saw the demon.

The demon returned once and he did just that, driving it from the house. We later found out that he was going to kill himself right after we had our weekly meeting, but after he learned what to do with the demon, he decided to give that a try before he committed suicide.

He is still with us, and a noticable darkness that had settled over him is now completely gone.

Upvote 0

amymine712

Praising God
Jun 24, 2014
✟15,459.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You need to cast out the demons in Jesus's name every time they bother you. Pray for deliverance. The more time you spend in God's presence the less they will bother you. Most importantly, cast them out in Jesus's name and believe in His power.

Using spirits to cast out spirits isn't biblical and could land you in worse shape than you are now.

Upvote 0

ALEA40

Nov 22, 2013
NC
✟8,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bible is very clear about shamans. From What does the Bible say about necromancy?

"In the Bible, necromancy is also called “divination,” “sorcery” and “spiritism” and is forbidden many times in Scripture (Leviticus 19:26; Deuteronomy 18:10; Galatians 5:19-20; Acts 19:19) as an abomination to God. It is something that the Lord speaks very strongly against and is to be avoided as much as any evil. The reason for this is twofold.

First, necromancy is going to involve demons and opens the one who practices it to demonic attack. Satan and his demons seek to destroy us, not to impart to us truth or wisdom. We are told that our “enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8). Second, necromancy does not rely on the Lord for information, the Lord who promises to freely give wisdom to all who ask for it (James 1:5). This is especially telling because the Lord always wants to lead us to truth and life, but demons always want to lead us to lies and serious damage."

Read more: What does the Bible say about necromancy?

There is only ONE way to get rid of demons. That is through faith in Jesus Christ. Only through Jesus does the enemy run away in fear. I highly recommend the book The Bondage Breaker by Neil T. Anderson for more information. He will help you identify the areas in your life where you have allowed footholds for the enemy. He has great prayers, as well.

Here is a fascinating account in the bible about what Jesus said about driving out demons. Not that this is your situation, it's just that there are so many examples of attacks by the enemy throughout the bible.

Matthew 12:43-45(NIV)

43 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”​

This might just be your wake up call. It was for me. I was tortured by the enemy for many years. If I only would have known the power we all can have through Christ Jesus, it would have saved me and my family a lot of pain. I always saw the bible as an out-dated dusty book. That is exactly how the enemy wants us to see it. The bible is God-breathed and ALIVE. It will give you all the information you will ever need to live a good life here on earth. I can't tell you enough how having the Holy Spirit inside of me fills me with unending joy, peace and bliss. It was scary to take the initial step, but I'm alive now through Christ and I thank God every day for reaching out to me.

As a Christian, we are still going to face attacks by the enemy at Paul tells us in Ephesians 6: 10-18.

The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.​

Sending prayers for strength and clarity as you fight this battle. Don't forget that the enemy works hard to deafen our ears and blind our eyes from the truth, the Word of God.

Reactions: amymine712
Upvote 0

JesusFo11ower

I love God.
Mar 20, 2014
✟7,897.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Don't have anything to do with magic, witches, shamans, or psychics. It's all demonic and from a christian point of view it's wrong. I don't know what the true affects of these practices are but I know that if the bible mentions magicians and witches as evil then it has to be true. I would just pray fervently until all of these things are gone. It's also possible that like me, you may have some kind of mental disorder that is causing some of this.

Upvote 0

GoingByzantine

Seeking the Narrow Road
Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Rebuke the dark spirit in the name of Jesus Christ. You can fight it if you invoke the Lord, the Lord heals us believers. Just as Jesus was tempted in the desert, the spirits will tempt you, but you must remain strong! You don't need a voodoo witch doctor shaman, just pray to Jesus.

Upvote 0

peterandrewj

Wayfarer
Jan 14, 2014
NYC
✟8,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What happens to people who see shamans? They get ripped off, swindled, jipped....part of the ride to losing everything.

------------------------------------------------------

You all have good advice. You can't use spirits to defeat spirits is a good one.

The pressure someone is under when tormented by evil spirits is probably something we have to experience to understand. It varies in degrees, but the symptoms the OP described, feeling, seeing, and hearing sounds like all out war. The fear, the pain, the bewilderment, the confusion...it's like you have to do something.

We believe the power to deliver must reside in us. God has to do it through us, by our faith, after we receive the Spirit of Christ. Jesus casts the devil out.

That's why I thought the first order for the OP was to meet God. He may need something real just to make it through the day from the torment. Beliefs would seem like a luxury.

When God came to save me I expected a show of power, and smite the devil. But after lots of love and rejoicing, he said follow me. It was how I began my walk in the Spirit; and the escape from hell was to go through, in which I saw the power of Christ.

It cost me my life but I found it again, and now peace reigns.

Upvote 0