What happens to Jewish believers during the rapture?

sickntired771

Dec 11, 2014
✟15,989.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
What happens to Jewish believers either current or the "righteous remnant" that will occur in the day of the Lord. Is there a biblical answer for this? Are Jewish believers going to be raptured or will they be part of the righteous remnant whe Jesus establishes his earthly kingdom.

Jesus will rule on Earth from Jerusalem but also be in Heaven with the raptured church?

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The rapture event is what Paul speaks of in 1 Corinthians 15, correct?

1 Corinthians 15:52
in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Notice that it also says the dead will be raised. This is the resurrection, and Jesus made it very clear that the resurrection happens on the last day.

John 6:39-40
And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. {40} For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

John 6:44
"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:54
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jesus says it four times. The resurrection of the dead in Christ occurs on the last day. Since we know that the rapture occurs after the resurrection of the dead in Christ it cannot be seven years before the last day.

Daniel 12:13 also mentions the resurrection at the end of the days.

Daniel 12:13
"As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance."

The "end of days" or "the last day" means there are no more days after that, which means the resurrection and the rapture happen on the very last day. It doesn't get any clearer than that.

Upvote 0

madera23

May 14, 2014
✟634.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
What happens to Jewish believers either current or the "righteous remnant" that will occur in the day of the Lord. Is there a biblical answer for this? Are Jewish believers going to be raptured or will they be part of the righteous remnant whe Jesus establishes his earthly kingdom.

Jesus will rule on Earth from Jerusalem but also be in Heaven with the raptured church?

oh this religeous talk is so rediculous.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So believers will suffer through the tribulation? What about the Jewish remnant that becomes followers of Jesus?

You make a compelling argument, I don't know enough on the matter but something isn't adding up in my mind but it's also late and i cannot think.

There will be no 7 or 3.5 year period of "tribulation" after the rapture. We will all be here until the very last day, when all the dead are resurrected, both the righteous and the wicked. If you lose the notion of a seven year tribulation, things will start to make a lot more sense.

However, I do believe things will get worse for believers in every way. Our faith will get squeezed out and vilified as intolerant and hateful. We will be marginalized and hated. In fact, all this is happening as we speak. This is the great spiritual battle we face. The Bible refers to this battle as Armageddon. When Christianity is spiritually surrounded and on the verge of extinction, Jesus will return and it will all be over.

You have to remember, the Bible, and especially the book of Revelation is full of symbolism. One third of the earth will not be burned up. Locusts that look like horses will not come and torment people. The moon and the stars are not literally going to shake. And we are not going to be physically surrounded in the city of Jerusalem fighting for our lives with guns and tanks and bombs. Ephesians 6:12: We fight not against flesh and blood but against principalities of darkness.

As for the Jewish remnant, if you're talking about Paul's reference in Romans 11:5, it is referring to a fraction of the Jewish people who had accepted Christ at that time. It's not a reference about the future.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

madera23

May 14, 2014
✟634.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
is agree with you, but I'm not sure you mean what I think you mean. Can you explain?
I dont believe there are many who call themselves Christians are Christions, they have Christianity confused with religion.
Christianity is spiritual, religion, is not.
madera

Reactions: LastSeven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
There will be no 7 or 3.5 year period of "tribulation" after the rapture. We will all be here until the very last day, when all the dead are resurrected, both the righteous and the wicked. If you lose the notion of a seven year tribulation, things will start to make a lot more sense.

However, I do believe things will get worse for believers in every way. Our faith will get squeezed out and vilified as intolerant and hateful. We will be marginalized and hated. In fact, all this is happening as we speak. This is the great spiritual battle we face. The Bible refers to this battle as Armageddon. When Christianity is spiritually surrounded and on the verge of extinction, Jesus will return and it will all be over.

You have to remember, the Bible, and especially the book of Revelation is full of symbolism. One third of the earth will not be burned up. Locusts that look like horses will not come and torment people. The moon and the stars are not literally going to shake. And we are not going to be physically surrounded in the city of Jerusalem fighting for our lives with guns and tanks and bombs. Ephesians 6:12: We fight not against flesh and blood but against principalities of darkness.

As for the Jewish remnant, if you're talking about Paul's reference in Romans 11:5, it is referring to a fraction of the Jewish people who had accepted Christ at that time. It's not a reference about the future.

I take it then that you are "post-trib"?

Upvote 0

classicalhero

Jun 9, 2013
Perth,Western Australia
✟11,338.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Those who believe in Christ right now will go to meet him in the clouds, which is the rapture, which is before the tribulation since God never punishes the righteous with the wicked and we are not appointed unto God's wrath, which is the whole point of the Tribulation.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Bride (church) will return with Jesus. They will rule and reign with Him for 1000 years. The second coming we are gathered together and caught up in the air to meet Him. The third coming His feet will touch the ground. There will be an earthquake and the earth will be split BOTH east and west AND north and south. You can look on a plate tectonics map for the Middle east to see the fault lines and where the split will take place. The New Jerusalem will be the size of the whole Arab plate: 1500 by 1500 miles. With all the air space and mineral rights.

There is a remnant that will repopulate the church. Not everyone will die during the tribulation period.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
If the resurrection occurs on the Last Day, but the church age has no end. What does that mean?

What is the Last Day? If the church age has no end, what is the Last Day? The Last Day of the Mosaic Age.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The last day is literally the last day, as there will be no more night or sun or moon on the new earth.

Revelation 21
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. 25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

Revelation 22
5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Upvote 0

notreligus

Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2006
✟97,792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
A remnant that will repopulate the earth? You do realize everybody gets resurrected prior to the new Jerusalem, right?
I agree with you that there is to be one future physical kingdom on this Earth, the New Jerusalem. There is not going to be a temporary kingdom with Christ teaching the Jews from a new Temple in Jerusalem for 1000 years, with Law and animal sacrifices restored, and after that they will have to decide whether or not they believe He is truly the Messiah or if they will instead follow Satan to their destruction.

Upvote 0

notreligus

Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2006
✟97,792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Whether a person is "Pre-Trib, Mid-Trib, or Post Trib" the answer is the same. Jewish believers go up at the rapture.
May I ask what you mean by "Jewish believers"? Do you mean Torah-believing Jews or Jews who have converted to Christ? Paul said there is no more Jew nor Greek in Christ but that one new man has been created. God does not favor one ethnic group over another.

Reactions: LastSeven
Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

sickntired771,
John 11 talks about the last day concerning the resurrection. The jews had the understanding about the physical kingdom and their resurrection in those days because they had to go through the tribulation.
The truth is that all the old testament saints will be raptured with the new testament saints before the tribulation.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; the dead in Christ shall rise first and meet the living saints in the air in the clouds. In verse 15 Jesus is bringing those dead in Christ which are the old testament and new testament saints both.
In Revelation 5 the church is in heaven represented by the 24 elders. In Revelation 11:18 the believers are judged at the believers works judgement in heaven which is in the middle of the tribulation. In Revelation 19:11-15 Christ is coming with the saints out of heaven not from a cloud and not just bringing the dead in Christ and he is fixing to do battle at Armageddon and in Thessalonians he is not doing battle but receiving those in Christ.
In Revelation 6:10-11, you have those souls under the altar that are the first martyrs in the tribulation and they have to wait for their brethren who will be killed later on in the tribulation. Their brethren will be those in Revelation 15 which are those in Revelation 20 who got victory over the beast. The 144,000 are raptured in the middle of the tribulation in Revelation 12 as the man child and is in heaven in Revelation 14. The 2 witnesses will be raptured towards the end of the tribulation even though some believe in the middle of the tribulation.
Back to the last day. The last rapture in Revelation are those who get the victory over the beast and didn't take his mark etc. This is in Revelation 15 and they sing the song of Moses and the lamb which seems to be jewish but could include gentiles. This rapture is before the 7 vials are poured out in Revelation 16. There will be many months before the 7th vial is poured out and the battle of Armageddon happens.
Now those raptured in Revelation 15 are mentioned in Revelation 20 and these that got victory over the beast kingdom who are raptured before the 7 vials are mentioned to be in the 1st resurrection. If they are all jews they are only jews out of the tribulation not all the other jews in the past.
As far as this rapture being the same as in Thessalonians is incorrect for the only ones raptured are the dead from the last of the tribulation saints and says nothing about living saints or meeting them in the clouds but they are raised and will reign with Christ for a thousand years.
The first resurrection can be seen as in stages of the believers or it could mean the first resurrection of the tribulation saints. The 144,000 are alive when they are raptured into heaven and the 2 Witnesses are killed and then raised together and ascend into heaven. The only ones raptured in Revelation 15 and shown in Revelation 20 are those who got the victory over the beast and his mark etc.
Conclusion is that the rapture is pre-trib, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 and Revelation 19:11-15 are two different comings and circumstances; one for receiving the saints in the clouds and the other coming out of heaven for battle. The last place for a rapture and resurrection is right before the 7 vials are poured out in Revelation 15 and Revelation 16. There are no living saints in this resurrection which is called the first resurrection. These all may be jews because they sing the song of Moses and the lamb. If they are all jews they will only be jews in that generation for the other jews were all in Christ whether in the old testament or the new covenant. Of course jews under the new covenant are in the church.
Jesus will rule on earth and this is seen in Daniel 7:13-14. Israel will be at the head of the nations Isaiah 2:1-4.
The church will have rulership positions in the earthly kingdom and throughout the heavenly kingdoms. 2 Timothy 2:12. Colossians 1:16. God bless Jerry kelso

Upvote 0