HikariKitKit

Jul 20, 2006
MA
✟7,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, this was from last sunday, I've been sick so I didn't really get on to post this. But here is what happened.

I was sick all last week, and by saturday night I was feeling better, not compleatly but enough that I was sure i'd be able to drive to chruch the next day. So I went to bed and praid that I would be able to wake up in time for church and not over sleep because of the cold.

The next morning I woke up, And I felt wonderful, I could breath, my throat didn't hurt at all my head felt fine, only one problem. What time was it? So I had to get out of bed, as soon as I got out of bed I got dizzy, so I stumbled to my computer and looked at the clock. It was only 7AM in the morning. Church didn't start until 10:30. So I could go back to bed and get a couple hours of extra sleep, and that should make my head feel better. So I went back to bed, and woke up at 9:13. Still pently of time, so I crawled back into bed and lay there because my head was starting to hurt. I was just laying there and I praid that my head would stop hurting so I could drive. I don't like to drive if i'm sick, or have a headache or something, because then I can't concintrate on the rode. But, as I was praying, I fell asleep again. And when I woke up. it was 10:45. it would take me fifteen minutes to get ready, and then half an hour to drive to chruch, and by the time I got there, it would be over.

I was upset. Becasue I had promised myself that I would go to church, but most of the morning I was fighting with myself to just get out of bed and see what time it was. I didn't want to get out of bed becuase I was still slightly sick, and tired. So when I woke up and found out that I had missed church I was upset. And I asked God.

"Why don't you want me to go to church!?"

I said it because I was upset, I had really wanted to go. Even though I was debating with myself whether I should go or not. I really wanted to go. And I had promised myself that I would go. But after I said that, I was extreamly surpised that he answered. Normaly I really have to listen to hear him. But this time, I didn't. I wasn't listening I wasn't waiting for an answer it just hit me. The responce to me asking God why he didn't want me to go to chruch was.

"Why do you WANT to go to church?" So that stopped me dead, no one had ever asked me that before. Chruch when I would younger was something that the family did, I didn't understand a lot of it, all I knew was that in sunday school we sang songs and I liked thouse, and that Jesus was the good guy and saten was the bad. But now that i'm older, going to chruch became more of a habit, then it became a chore. I had to go to church, because it's what God wants. if I got to church it will make God happy.

No. I don't believe it does. Think about it, would you like it if someone was just going through the motions of being your friend, or going through the motions of someone who loves you. But there was no emotion to it? Why go to church, if you have no emotion for it. God doesn't want you to go to church, if it feels like a chore. Free will, he will not force you to do something you do not want to do. So why force yourself to do something that you don't want to do to pretend you're making him happy.

Go to church, but got for God, and with God. Go for fellowship with people who are doing the same thing. And not just people who are going through the motions of being a christian, but show no fruit for it.

God gave his life for us, and he asks so little in return.

HikariKitKit

Jul 20, 2006
MA
✟7,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I read something intresting the other day. That fits in good with this I think. It was something like.
Being devoted to the lord, talking to him and reading the bible, just being his pleases him, you don't have to go out and be a great profet, and think you have to do something huge to please the lord. I've you've taken the step and accepted him, that's pleasing to him. Listening to him pleases him as well.

And i've learned that the more you get to know him, the more you WANT to know him. the more you want to be closer to him. It reminds me of a little kid that has been trying hard at something and then when they're finished they ask. "Did I do good daddy?"

that was something random I just thought of. but it fits. How often do people go and do what they think the lord wants them to do. They run ahead of the Lord because they think they have it figured out. when they realy don't.

i'm half tired and rambling. and I know nothing I'm saying really conects. But it's all true. that's all that counts ^-^

Upvote 0