What grades did you receive?

apumic

Feb 27, 2006
✟15,310.00
Faith
Christian
Overall, not bad, but I was quite upset about my C- in Production Techniques because it was basically a group project independent study. I'll definitely be retaking the class!
My grades were...

Counseling -- A (worked by butt off for that one!)
Social Psychology -- A
Group Process -- A (really cool class!)
Late Romantic & 20th Century Music Lit -- A- (oh well...)*
Production Techniques -- C- (ugh!)
Oratorio Choir -- A
Applied Voice -- A-
Performance Forum -- P (aka, passed... it's a 0-unit pass/fail)
Vocal Pedagogy -- A

Yep.... just frustrated with my Production Techniques grade...2 B-s on my transcript...and now a C-! yuck.

*Just a disclaimer that Psych doctoral grad programs are SUPER hard to get into! Not being stuck-up -- I promise!

Upvote 0

Isomorphic410

Mar 23, 2007
Indiana
✟8,006.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Got a 3.5 last semester, I could have done better (probably 3.7+) if I had been as motivated the whole semester as I was the last month or so.. I want to get into a training program of sorts for the field I want to get into after college and an overall 3.5 GPA is required. It's a highly competitive program to get into and I decided to focus on that career path late last semester. It gave me an extra reason to push myself harder, I just wish I had the whole year (got a C+ in calculus first semster... ended up with a 3.45 overall).

Upvote 0
L

LostUntilSaved

Got a 3.5 last semester, I could have done better (probably 3.7+) if I had been as motivated the whole semester as I was the last month or so.. I want to get into a training program of sorts for the field I want to get into after college and an overall 3.5 GPA is required. It's a highly competitive program to get into and I decided to focus on that career path late last semester. It gave me an extra reason to push myself harder, I just wish I had the whole year (got a C+ in calculus last semster... ended up with a 3.45 overall).

Wow calculus! You must be good at math. Great job on getting such a high overall GPA. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Isomorphic410

Mar 23, 2007
Indiana
✟8,006.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow calculus! You must be good at math. Great job on getting such a high overall GPA. :thumbsup:
Thanks :) I really don't like math at all (finite, calculus, trig, etc, that kind of math) and didn't try as hard in calculus as I should have. I'm now officially done with math classes for the rest of my life, from here until I graduate it's mostly business, accounting/finance, and german classes. So now those useless math classes won't be bringing down my GPA ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I got an A in Intermediate Piano, and an A in History and Appreciation of Music. It was too easy... I had to drop my other classes I had that semester for various reasons so I'm about a semester behind where I should be. But it's ok. :)

Upvote 0
L

LostUntilSaved

I got an A in Intermediate Piano, and an A in History and Appreciation of Music. It was too easy... I had to drop my other classes I had that semester for various reasons so I'm about a semester behind where I should be. But it's ok. :)

I tried taking a beginning keyboarding class. It was hard for me because everyone already had some experience. I ended up dropping the class. :doh:

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I tried taking a beginning keyboarding class. It was hard for me because everyone already had some experience. I ended up dropping the class. :doh:

I started last fall in beginning piano, I didn't really have much experience either, excet for being able to read much of the music for right hand. Everyone in the class were at different levels... I should have been in beginning piano again, because it says in my school catalog that it's required to take beginning piano twice before taking intermediate, but I guess they didn't catch that. But the classes were together in the same room at the same time. I'm not at an "intermediate" level.. whatever that means. :) I'm still beginning. But if you really want to learn piano and you try I'm sure you'll do fine. :) It just takes work. I'm a rather lazy person myself, which is why I could probably never be a real musician. :)

Upvote 0