What explains the creation of psychopaths?

GodsChild77

Oct 3, 2010
✟12,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm wrestling with understanding the makeup of a psychopath and how it relates to the Christian belief system. From what I understand as far as nature vs nurture, nurture isn't part of the scenario - their brains are wired differently from birth. Perfectly good parents can give birth to a psychopath. They are void of emotion, callous, live to control and dominate others in strange perverse ways, they're easily bored due to not feeling fulfilled/motivated by the things that normal humans find fulfilling such as love, parenthood, friendship ( I don’t think the Psychopath has real friends – acquaintances and accomplices, maybe) pity, altruism, honour, trust, the satisfaction of a job well done, etc etc. - all of those things are viewed as weaknesses to be twisted and exploited to the benefit of the Psychopath. The Psychopath satisfies its motivations by aping normal motivations ( often not very convincingly when seen up close and personal – words and deeds do not match), pretending to be a normal person.

After dealing with one up close and personal... I believe all the horrible things I've read that most people don't want to believe- would prefer to bury their heads in the sand and not face this horrific reality. It truly feels like dealing with a demon possessed person and becomes more disturbing when you realize they're not only doing these things to as a means to an end but actually enjoy hurting you as well.

I wish I could listen to the audible voice of God and hear His explanation as to what happens in the spiritual realm to create this is the first place. The makeup of the psychopath is by definition the nature of the anti Christ, everything against God. These creatures are wired in such a way that they would never have the desire to even consider accepting Christ... I've struggle with that reality as well. They don't comprehend or hold value to love and they see themselves more as gods. As of present there is no treatment available to help this disorder, and even if there was, a psychopath wouldn't agree to the fact that they have a problem that needs to be fixed.

This is the root question I struggle with repeatedly: why would God allow the creation of Psychopaths- the very makeup of them does not allow them to have a desire to accept Christ- they don't see that they need fixing or have an issue and have no remorse. Why does God allow this and what explains how they are created. Is it because of generational curses or something?

• Prayers
Reactions: Dhebi

GodsChild77

Oct 3, 2010
✟12,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Some questions simply cannot be answered. Evil is allowed to exist on this earth.

I understand what you're saying and agree. What I have trouble understanding is are psychopaths not really considered human? I thought Christ died so that we each have the chance to accept Him and be saved. Because of the makeup of a psychopath they are born without that chance, the very essence of who they are goes directly against Christianity and they are missing the normal human emotional parts that most people possess which are needed to even have the desire to become a Christian. How is this fair and what's the explanation for it?

What if I had been born a psychopath? I would be doomed from the get go with no chance of receiving God's grace. How is it fair to not have the choice? Because of their makeup they don't have the ability within them to love or have any of those other good traits needed to lead them to godly repentance.

Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
Where ever my Lord's work is to be done.
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Actually to start,something that might help you understand is this... God actually predestines induviduals.

How or why? I have no idea. How He chooses,again I've no clue. But Scripture does say that He predestines people. I for one believe He chooses those He knows will even listen to Him to begin with,but that's just my theory.

My guess is that a psychopath is someone who God knew would not listen to Him and a Demon possess them. And whose to say that through their evil works,some works of God won't be revealed? Not through their evil,but because of their evil God will show mercy and possibly a miracle to those around him.

Who knows? There are some things we just don't know/understand right now,maybe in due time God will reveal His purposes,but until then,a guess is all we have.

And guessing is not the best way we can spend our time with Him,so I trust that one day He will let me know all that I need to know and until then,will count my Blessings and keep on keeping on.

Hope I helped you somehow.

God be with you!
-Your Brother In Christ

Upvote 0

BookishGirl

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
CA
✟341,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It is the Holy Spirit who brings a person to the realization of their need for a Savior. It is a supernatural thing.

This is what Jesus said about the Holy Spirit:

"And when he comes he will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and condemnation: sin, because they do not believe in me; righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will no longer see me; condemnation, because the ruler of this world has been condemned." John 16:8-11

You and I may not be able to convince a psychopath of their need for a Savior. However, the Holy Spirit can work in the hardest of hearts. He can prick a person's heart with a sense of their guilt before a Holy God.

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi godschild,

I'm one who believes that it's more nurture than nature. There is evidence that the brains of psychopaths are different, but there's no evidence as to how they got to be different.

What we do is find someone that we know to be a psychopath and test his brain and find these various anomalies. In order to test the theory, what we would have to do is to run similar testing on newborn infants as a regular part of the first days care. Then, when we find a baby that has similar anomalies, follow up 20-30 years later and retest them and evaluate their social behavior. Then, if we find a correlation, we could say that psychopathic tendencies could be a natural phenomenon.

We cannot conclude, just by testing a 40 year old psychopath's brain and finding these anomalies, that the condition was there to begin with. All we can safely say is that their brains are now different and that such a difference relates to psychopathic behavior. Before we can conclude that the condition has been there since birth, and is therefore a natural phenomenon, we would have to have a brain scan that was performed at the person's birth.

There are a lot of influences and attitudes that parents plant in a infant's brain from very, very early on in their development.

Before we can make any conclusive findings to determine the 'nature vs. nurture' issue, there needs to be quite a bit more testing. We need to start identifying these differences in newborns before we can unequivocally claim that something in a child's upbringing didn't cause the later differences in our brains.

So, until I see some hard evidence that shows that someone who grew up to be a psychopath had certain brain anomalies at birth, I'm more inclined to believe that it is nurturing that makes someone that way.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is clear to me that both psychopaths and sociopaths (a slight variation in motive and purpose) are agents used of Satan for wicked works. God does not yet eradicate sin, but deals with sinners for salvation, and knows full well which sinners will do evil and/or wickedness. In time all self-indulgent sinners as well as wicked ones possessed of Satan, will be judged. Sin is rampant in the world, and this is not a paradise yet, though will be in the Millennium time. One should not be judging or trying to second-guess God.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
All the answers so far have been based in the presupposition that man has a free will. That is why it is so difficult to grasp.

First: God didn't create the psychopath. He created Adam, who fell, and the psychopath is the natural generation from that fall.

Second: the psychopath is a natural result of being dead in sin when God, in sovereignty, takes His restraining hand from a depraved sinner. Which of course we all are. The only difference in the psychopath and me or you is that God has removed His restraining hand.

Third: God has, not based on any foresight or foreknown acts, chosen whom He will be merciful to and whom He will leave in their sin. It is the Biblical doctrine of God's electing love. God set His love on an elect people from before He spoke this world into existence and they are the object of His wondrous grace and mercy.

Fourth: the psychopath exists because God, again in absolute sovereignty, allows him to for the glory of His great name and the good of His people.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I understand what you're saying and agree. What I have trouble understanding is are psychopaths not really considered human?
Where did you hear that psychopaths are sub-human? They are human but seriously flawed. They too can be redeemed by the grace of God. You could have applied this description to the apostle Paul before he was saved "They are void of emotion, callous, live to control and dominate others in strange perverse ways,...", since he went about persecuting Christians and having them killed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
John: 8. 43. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. 46. Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? 47. He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

This is a very profound statement by Christ Jesus.

Notice he does not say you have become a child of the devil.

He plainly states the devil is your father to human beings or something like humans.

He uses references from the beginning ,stating he was a Liar.

Cain was a murderer as well.

We could view the expressions used By Christ as a euphemism,but I personally do not see it that way.

He clearly states they are not of God,then they must be of the devil.

We we look a the mministry of Christ ,he had forgiven those who were great sinners.

The woman caught in adultery,the woman at the well,in the Temple he was criticized for forgiving sin.

Sin was not the issue in this passage,blasphemy was as well as accusing Christ.

So who is the greatest accuser?

In a way ,the scribes and Pharisees could be considered psychopaths,due to their insane legalism.

Example: Bethesda Christ heals a man who has been crippled for many years,instead of rejoicing with compassion they criticized the man for picking up his bed on the Sabbath!

I would have to think something was very wrong with that bunch,just like legalism today is just as demonic.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Clinically speaking, of which "psychopath" is, it is more than a evil & wicked person, but one devoid of normal social/human values --asocial ("They are void of emotion, callous, live to control and dominate others in strange perverse ways,...", as was mentioned herein). They get great satisfaction out of destroying lives ---especially weaker ones. Clearly it is such an agent of Satanic control ---and is not just mental illness.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
No he is pointing out that there is a difference between evil,and psychological dysfunction.

Childhood trauma and other negative influences can cause anti social behavior.

Antisocial behavior is not always void of compassion or guilt,it is driven by learned character flaws or compulsive actions.

The Psychopath has no compassion or remorse,they take satisfaction in destroying lives,and that is evil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
So those who's opinions rule out the posibilty of a psychopath getting saved, are there other classes of those with physical, mental and emotional affictions that our God cannot reach.?

God has given grace toward mankind through Christ.

Unfortunately there can be no middle ground,either salvation is received or it is turned down.

It is not a question if God can reach, it is the question will the person accept the mercy of God.

Only God can answer that question.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
I'm wrestling with understanding the makeup of a psychopath and how it relates to the Christian belief system. From what I understand as far as nature vs nurture, nurture isn't part of the scenario - their brains are wired differently from birth. Perfectly good parents can give birth to a psychopath. They are void of emotion, callous, live to control and dominate others in strange perverse ways, they're easily bored due to not feeling fulfilled/motivated by the things that normal humans find fulfilling such as love, parenthood, friendship ( I don’t think the Psychopath has real friends – acquaintances and accomplices, maybe) pity, altruism, honour, trust, the satisfaction of a job well done, etc etc. - all of those things are viewed as weaknesses to be twisted and exploited to the benefit of the Psychopath. The Psychopath satisfies its motivations by aping normal motivations ( often not very convincingly when seen up close and personal – words and deeds do not match), pretending to be a normal person.

After dealing with one up close and personal... I believe all the horrible things I've read that most people don't want to believe- would prefer to bury their heads in the sand and not face this horrific reality. It truly feels like dealing with a demon possessed person and becomes more disturbing when you realize they're not only doing these things to as a means to an end but actually enjoy hurting you as well.

I wish I could listen to the audible voice of God and hear His explanation as to what happens in the spiritual realm to create this is the first place. The makeup of the psychopath is by definition the nature of the anti Christ, everything against God. These creatures are wired in such a way that they would never have the desire to even consider accepting Christ... I've struggle with that reality as well. They don't comprehend or hold value to love and they see themselves more as gods. As of present there is no treatment available to help this disorder, and even if there was, a psychopath wouldn't agree to the fact that they have a problem that needs to be fixed.

This is the root question I struggle with repeatedly: why would God allow the creation of Psychopaths- the very makeup of them does not allow them to have a desire to accept Christ- they don't see that they need fixing or have an issue and have no remorse. Why does God allow this and what explains how they are created. Is it because of generational curses or something?

Hi,
Their brains are missing a section, is the last description that I had of this. Damage and things like alcohol and drugs can mimic this. Jeffry Dalmer, I was told allowed his brain to be disected after death. It matched two other brains that were exactly like Jeffry was in life. Damaged, some by life events is what I was told.
I was told this after having 120 man years of experience with these types. I have more than that now. My most recent one, I am working with, has been told to look for the lie he told himself that allows him to hurt everyone, rather than the few that hurt him.
If he finds the lie, then life gets better for him, as he is then only blaming the guilty. He still has 'no remorse' which is the core issue with sociopaths and psychopaths and nacissists, etc, but he can choose right over wrong, I told him, if he can find that lie told in his youth.
LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hi,
Their brains are missing a section, is the last description that I had of this. Damage and things like alcohol and drugs can mimic this. Jeffry Dalmer, I was told allowed his brain to be disected after death. It matched two other brains that were exactly like Jeffry was in life. Damaged, some by life events is what I was told.
I was told this after having 120 man years of experience with these types. I have more than that now. My most recent one, I am working with, has been told to look for the lie he told himself that allows him to hurt everyone, rather than the few that hurt him.
If he finds the lie, then life gets better for him, as he is then only blaming the guilty. He still has 'no remorse' which is the core issue with sociopaths and psychopaths and nacissists, etc, but he can choose right over wrong, I told him, if he can find that lie told in his youth.
LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

What is a man year?

Are women missing parts of their brain as well?

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
What is a man year?

Are women missing parts of their brain as well?

Hi,
A year spent working for, or with a person, is a man year to me. So ten man years is ten years working with a single person. And ten man years is also a year spent working with ten people.
Yes it is in both women and men.
LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0