What Does The Bible Plainly And Really Say About This/That?

do justly

confessing shortcoming
Nov 24, 2010
Athens, OH
✟15,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
THE TWO RESURRECTION THEORY
Premillennialsts hold that "the first resurrection" of Revelation 20:5 is the resurrection of the righteous dead to share in the Rapture. But the Bible teaches that there is only one general resurrection from the dead.

there's one resurrection, but it sounds to me like there's two "raptures"
the confusion comes from two different events being described
the church is kept from the hour of trial (rev 3:10),
there's a resurrection and a "rapture" (1 thessalonians 4:17)
then there's another "rapture" (matthew 24:40ish) note that this is after the hour of trial (matthew 24:15ish) :cool:

PS: I don't think this qualifies as something the bible plainly says; order preservation fail.

PS2: Women were forbidden to speak in church (note the in church part, and speaking probably only concerns debates) because in the times of Paul they used to yell at their husbands about things they didn't do for them and cause havoc. If a girl thinks it's vital to speak in church I can't complain because Christlike love is above the law, but personally I wouldn't roll the dice by understanding the scriptures in general terms.

Last edited:
Reactions: EdwinWillers
Upvote 0

rexboykin

Jul 2, 2010
Kansas City (Southern Part)
Visit site
✟15,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everyone should PREACH the gospel. Men, women anyone who can articulate the story of Jesus should share that glorious message with anyone (of any gender or ethnicity) who is receptive to God's saving grace.

Be sensitive to cultural practices and perspectives (all things to all men) and communicate the gospel on every opportunity made available. No one needs permission to share the Christ with anyone willing to listen.

Upvote 0

aggie03

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Jun 13, 2002
Columbus, TX
Visit site
✟19,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Women were the first evangelists. They were the first to hear and spread the good news.

Further, Paul says in Galations 3:28 that there is no distinction between the sexes in Christ.

I think we need to be careful to use the words in the Bible in the way that the Bible uses them. I agree with you that the women were the first to know about the resurrection, but that doesn't make them evangeists in the same way that Philip is called an evangelist or the way that Paul uses the word in Ephesians 4.11. All Christians are called to share the good news of Jesus with other people, but that doesn't make everyone an evangelist. Please let me know if this is unclear and I will try to do a better job of explaining myself.

Regarding the sexes, men and women are still distinctly different and both still have their roles to play in Gods plan for his people and their families. Paul's point in Galatians is not to abolish gender roles, but to state that both men and women can be saved equally in Christ. To go beyond that scope of the passage is to take Paul's words out of context and leave the original intent of the passage.

If women are not allowed to preach to audiences mixed with both men and women, does that somehow make women less valuable to God? Does it diminish their worth in his eyes? Of course not! Then neither should it diminish their worth in our eyes. To fulfill the roles that God has made for the different sexes glorifies the creator in the diversity of his creation.

Upvote 0

rexboykin

Jul 2, 2010
Kansas City (Southern Part)
Visit site
✟15,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Astute response. Accurate and illuminating Scripture references. Each part of the whole body has a unique role(s) and purpose(s), according to Rom 12 & I Cor 12. These 'roles and responsibilities' in no way are intended to make distinctions among 'ourselves' in the body (i.e. classes or hierarchies). Equal salvation for all ethnicities and both genders, various roles and responsibilities assigned according to the parameters of God's Word and the individual 'call' upon each member of that 'one body.'

The discussion of 'women preachers' must include an understanding of the prevalent culture in which biblical instruction/guidance was given. One must be aware of the 'place of women' from the cultural perspective of those who received such instruction.

There are customs and guidelines specific to certain cultures. One must exercise great wisdom and reliance upon the Scriptures to sift out the cultural influences in order to discern certain spiritual truths. This is indeed a complex study.

Upvote 0

RevRo

Sep 16, 2010
Florida
✟8,073.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
There is one woman in scripture who is shown as a Deacons (below) the word used in relation to her by Paul is "servant" but that word is defined "deacon".

"Pastors" where the word is used only once in the NT but moreso in the OT (Pastor) is the same word as shepherd (even in the OT) . Now in the OT under the defintion is included the word "Shepherdess" but the word itself is not used in scripture.

For example

Jermiah 3:15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall FEED you with knowledge and understanding. (Feed my sheep?)

The word "pastors" is ra`ah {raw-aw'} here
1) to pasture, tend, graze, feed a) (Qal) 1) to tend, pasture a) to shepherd b) of ruler, teacher (fig) c) of people as flock (fig) d) shepherd, herdsman (subst) 2) to feed, graze a) of cows, sheep etc (literal) b) of idolater, Israel as flock (fig) b) (Hiphil) shepherd, shepherdess 2) to associate with, be a friend of (meaning probable) a) (Qal) to associate with b) (Hithpael) to be companions 3) (Piel) to be a special friend

This brought me to thinking about Deacons, as it seems to show here only men can be (keep reading)

1Titus 3:12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

Deacon "diakoneo"

1)) to be a servant, attendant, domestic, to serve, wait upon a) to minister to one, render ministering offices to 1) to be served, ministered unto b) to wait at a table and offer food and drink to the guests, 1) of women??? preparing food c) to minister i.e. supply food and necessities of life 1) to relieve one's necessities (e.g. by collecting alms), to provide take care of, distribute, the things necessary to sustain life 2) to take care of the poor and the sick, who administer the office of a deacon 3) in Christian churches to serve as deacons d) to minister 1) to attend to anything, that may serve another's interests 2) to minister a thing to one, to serve one or by supplying any thing

Same word Deacon "diakoneo" means "minister" or "minster unto" check the word in the verses

Mat 25:55 And many women were there beholding afar off, which followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering unto him: (more examples of this word found in the above definition even "minister" which is synonomous with deacon and others connect)

Again here (Just so you can see if not only in part give it a look yourself)

1Cr 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

The word "ministers" here is diakonos {dee-ak'-on-os}

1) one who executes the commands of another, esp. of a master, a servant, attendant, minister a) the servant of a king b) a deacon ( above shows a woman as well) one who, by virtue of the office assigned to him by the church, cares for the poor and has charge of and distributes the money collected for their use c) a waitor, one who serves food and drink ( if serving food is synonomous with those who serve tables its not assigned just to women see seven men are chosen Acts 6:3)For Synonyms see entry 5834

The best example is Phebe

Look at the word "servant" in this verse is "diakonos" {dee-ak'-on-os}

Romans 16:1-2 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant (Deacon)of the church which is at Cenchrea:That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a Succourer of MANY, and of myself also.(and Romans 16:27 as well)

Succourer
1) a woman set over others 2) a female guardian, protectress, patroness, caring for the affairs of others and aiding them with her resources

So it does show that a deacon can be a woman and set over others, being a "protectress" shes much like a "shepherdess" in that regard as a shepherd not only lays down ones life for the sheep but "protects" and cares for them.

In regards to being able to a woman teaching... rather then dive into why the Lord said ye suffereth that woman *Jezebel* to teach, and Paul who said HE suffer NOT a woman to teach, lets take it straight on.

If a woman would TEACH then she would be a TEACHER, the scripture then puts a "difference" between "pastors" and "teachers" correct? Theres only one word in the NT for "pastors" it means "shepherds" but in the OT the definition allows for shepherdess ra`ah {raw-aw'}

They were allowed to prophesy and shows the woman prayeth or "prophesieth" propheteuo {prof-ate-yoo'-o} then when you look at the definition it does have something to do with "speaking". It says your "Daughters" shall "prophesy" Acts 2:17 one had four daughters which did prophesy Acts 21:9 One who prophesieth simply "edifieth the church". Now, if women cannot speak (in order to edify the church) its a pretty useless gift for women, but they had it. What good is having a gift to simply edify the church you cant speak in it? I'm pretty sure as I have heard some think "edifying others" (which is what prophesying is) has passed away? Im not sure, I guess it depends on which camp I suppose? Now "where" a woman could prophesy seems to be the issue. How can she edify the church when a woman cannot supposedly speak in the church?

Pastors and teachers

Ephes 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Only one word for "pastors" synonomous for "shepherd"

Ephes 4:11 Pastors poimen {poy-mane'}1) a herdsman, esp. a shepherd a) in the parable, he to whose care and control OTHERS have committed themselves TO, and whose precepts they follow 2) metaph. a) the presiding officer, manager, director, of any assembly: so of Christ the Head of the church 1) of the overseers of the Christian assemblies 2) of kings and princes

The tasks of a Near Eastern shepherd were:

- to watch for enemies trying to attack the sheep
- to defend the sheep from attackers
- to heal the wounded and sick sheep
- to find and save lost or trapped sheep
- to love them, sharing their lives and so earning their trust.

This is short but I wonder if we understand all the roles correctly. Though to be servant of all in Christ would not need collars, papers, position, title or recognition. Man or woman if the Spirit of my Lord quickens something in me through you I would hear.

Just because Jim Jones (and many like him) are a men no more makes him worth the listen, heeding or correct (as I see it).

But Im with her ^ Im a woman, I dont know squat either. Though, I know when Zachariah was told he was to be dumb and not able to speak, he asked for something to "write with" ... He seemed to understand the "order" to be silent did not include writing^_^

Typing ok? ;)

Peace

Fireinfolding

Correct translation:

"The Lord giveth the word: The women that publish the tidings are a great host" (Psalms 68:11 ASV ).

Upvote 0