What does the Bible and the Quran Say About Slavery

Eyes wide Open

Love and peace is the ONLY foundation-to build....
Dec 13, 2011
Australia
✟34,910.00
Faith
My point exactly. One can still be Muslim or Christian regardless as God does not demand anyone to have slaves in his name.
Both books really just give the rules on slavery and how to regulate it. I do believe it is rather smart that the books even tried doing that. They may have not banned slavery but still they did something when you look at it from a historic viewpoint.

The smart aspects are obviously valid for the Christian and Muslim, my point (if there was one) was to observe a component of the human form (conscience) and to see its a 'wordless' component, meaning it renders words such a Christian, Muslim and God redundant.

Upvote 0

simplegifts

Jul 7, 2012
✟8,886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Did this "one true God" stop people from having slaves in the Christian west? It look a long time for that to go away and now we are better off as a civilization. I understand that the Quran mentions these things but Christians don't just a get clean slate because "their book is slightly worse than ours", when it comes to such things.

To be fair, at least MOST Christians aren't saying this:
64 percent of Muslims in Egypt and Pakistan support the death penalty for leaving Islam

No and I agree absolutely.

You are told by your allah that slavery is ok - start with the worst idea, are taught the worst idea - what hope is there for any to understand the evil?

Thanks for the link. Makes me wonder how many moderate Muslims are out there.

Upvote 0