Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It does, being that the son of man is Lord of this, for Jesus, his son of man was in heaven, which is the same as saying that he came in his Father's name, therefore he had entered into this rest and walked as a graden inclosed. Man is a living soul. The soul is the bride of the spirit even as we as a whole are the bride of Christ. It's about order and what you are in relationship to that order.

goodgoogaloogamooga!

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I never thought of that. Thanks for that info
Hey thanks for putting a link in your siggy. I trust you are now munching of popcorn and getting fat from all the soda or other beverage you will be drinking. I appreciate the support.

Blessings to thee. Well at least the thought counts. Can not do much in either department for you, thanks to the system not functioning.

bugkiller

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Ever look at Isaiah 9 in relation the Dragon in Revelation? I believe it may be symbolism a battle between OC Israel of the flesh/law vs the NC Israel of the spirit/grace
I may create a thread on this :idea:

Isaiah 9:13 For the people do not turn to Him who strikes them, Nor do they seek the LORD of hosts.
14 Therefore the LORD will cut off head and tail from Israel, Palm branch and bulrush in one day.
15 The elder and honorable, he [is] the head; The prophet who teaches lies, he [is] the tail.
16 For the leaders of this people cause [them] to err, And [those who are] led by them are destroyed.

Revelation 12:3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold! a great fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads.
4 His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the land.
And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth, to devour her Child as soon as it was born.

Moses' Rod was used seven times in helping draw the first born out of Egypt, Joseph being the seed that impregnated Egypt... just throwing this out there ...;)

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I see it in discussions all the time, they don't have a leg to stand on in the NT about the sabbath so they have to go out on a limb and equate keeping commands or commandments or law or laws and then backtrack from there to the mandatory sabbath "law". Without using the Law (10C's et all) the Sabbath is an orphan in the NT and even then the implications are out on a limb regarding the Law itself. Throw out the sabbath and the Law is unneeded for Christians because there is talk about 9/10 of the commandments therein. The Sabbath needs the 10C's for legitimacy and the 10C's requires force fitting them into code words such as law, command, commandment, laws, rules, statutes.... et all.
That is why I emphasized *real* Sabbath . The discussions that you have seen all have been based on the Law . This kills the Sabbath . None of those discussions deal with a *real* Sabbath .

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
goodgoogaloogamooga!

Maybe this will make more sense to you ... 197 times in 193 verses the phrase Son of man is found in the Bible. 108 in the OT with 93 of these times in Ezekiel. In the NT it is found 89 times, Jesus reffering to himself 85 times throughout the gospels, 12 times in the book of John, once in acts by Stephen who saw the son of man at the right hand of God, 2 times in Revelation as being Like unto.

When God breathed into man he became a living soul, not a living spirit. You must lose your soul to enter into this rest that the son of God is, and this rest, like the kingdom, is in you, in the person of Christ. To what measure you meet this with is to what measure you enter into this rest which is strictly by faith and find rest for your soul by abiding in the truth that Jesus himself was.

The jubilee or rest that Jesus proclaimed was that the son of man is the son of God, not two, but one.

Gal_3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal_3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Joh_8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

Just as Jesus abided in the father and the father in him, we abide in the son and the son adides in us or you do not bear the fruit of this rest. we do not come in our name but his name, we can not bear fruit of ourselves, at least not the fruit of the tree of life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The length of a sabbath day or the actual day. It does get rather slow here on Saturday.

bugkiller
And also on Sunday mornings, when the non-Sabbatarians gather for worship :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums