Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the competitive one was interesting...
brinny:

Tattoo competitions are getting quite widespread.

it now seems to be something that ppl do when they turn 18 and again often thereafter. A lot of new parlors seem to have opened up and there seems to be more competitiveness between tattoo artists as well, although it's not regarded as ethical to do a hard sell of a tattoo.

You probably have similar impressions.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny:

Tattoo competitions are getting quite widespread.

it now seems to be something that ppl do when they turn 18 and again often thereafter. A lot of new parlors seem to have opened up and there seems to be more competitiveness between tattoo artists as well, although it's not regarded as ethical to do a hard sell of a tattoo.

You probably have similar impressions.

it's good to see genuine talent and creativity.....

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it's good to see genuine talent and creativity.....
brinny:

Some Christians genuinely seem to want to have it done, I guess combining the creativity side of things, with the witness aspect, if the design is faith based.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny:

Some Christians genuinely seem to want to have it done, I guess combining the creativity side of things, with the witness aspect, if the design is faith based.

Actually a "message" i'd be willing to live and die for matters to me....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This tells me not that you will do it, but that if you do it, it's likely to have a witness message in its design, right?

something i'd be willing to live and die for, yes...and it could be about a number of things that would give one "pause"....

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
As the more deviant elements of our society such as the worst examples of the entertainment industry love to wear crosses, either as a tattoo or on a chain, why would we want to associate ourselves with a lifestyle that is so anti-God? Maybe a few decades ago when we saw someone wearing a gold cross around their neck we could presume that they were maybe a Christian but now, sadly, they are more likely to be a pimp, a degenerate muso or someone who simply wants to mock the Lord by their wicked lifestyle.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
whsbandmom said:
My husband and I both have tattoos. He got his when he was younger. He was having one covered up with a rose ( it was the only thing that would fit) Now this was about 5 or 6 years ago. I got one on my upper arm LUKE, my favorite chapter and where my husband and i both were reading when we were dateing 17 years ago, I am proud of it. Not that I go aroung showing it off or anything like that but it does open up a way to talk about our Lord to others when they ask what LUKE means. I am around a lot of young people and you wouldnt belive how many ask and how many i get to tell about God.

Seems to work, right? :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
As the more deviant elements of our society such as the worst examples of the entertainment industry love to wear crosses, either as a tattoo or on a chain, why would we want to associate ourselves with a lifestyle that is so anti-God? Maybe a few decades ago when we saw someone wearing a gold cross around their neck we could presume that they were maybe a Christian but now, sadly, they are more likely to be a pimp, a degenerate muso or someone who simply wants to mock the Lord by their wicked lifestyle.

It is hard to say and we can't judge them for it, they can be called to Christ someday.

Another, I think personalities from the entertainment and music industry will tattoo and wear crosses on themselves for superstitious reasons.

Similar to Saint Christopher medals.

I am not entirely convinced they are attempting to witness to the world and confess any faith but desire God to watch over them and keep them safe.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am a 46 yr old married mother of 2 and .. I am considering getting another tattoo. I think a small feather on my wrist would be nice, reminds me of the old song "I'll Fly Away".
..I already have 2 and have used them to witness to others frequently, in fact my choir friends and I went to get our first tats together and ended up inviting our artist to church.

Certainly seems like you don't regret becoming tattooed and like their witness possibilities make you as a Christian woman feel more effective in witness.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have tatoos. My husband is pretty conservative .. You know, I've prayed about my tats before ..and considered even covering over them with a better looking professional tat... but one day I believe the lord spoke to my heart about it and told me that they are a testimony to people..
Anyways.... my husband is a respectable christian man who is not the type to get a tatoo... however he thought I was just his cup of tea :) so chew on that if you want.
Like a lot of ppl you've had it done, and now you can just move on confidently. Blessings.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think it's not giving the full picture when one doesn't present the negative effects of tattoos to people. (I was going to post a separate thread, but thought it would be better to simply post this on an already existing thread regarding tattoos.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ared-intricate-tattoo-hand-cause-offence.html
Woman is fired 30 MINUTES after being given her dream job because company feared the intricate tattoo on her hand could 'cause offence'
  • Claire Shepherd applied for retail merchandiser role at Dee Set in Swansea
  • Passed telephone interview with 'flying colours' and offered position
  • Company backtracked on decision after learning she had tattoos on hand
Like it or not, tattoos and their placement can matter when it comes to employment.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think it's not giving the full picture when one doesn't present the negative effects of tattoos to people. (I was going to post a separate thread, but thought it would be better to simply post this on an already existing thread regarding tattoos.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ared-intricate-tattoo-hand-cause-offence.html
Woman is fired 30 MINUTES after being given her dream job because company feared the intricate tattoo on her hand could 'cause offence'
  • Claire Shepherd applied for retail merchandiser role at Dee Set in Swansea
  • Passed telephone interview with 'flying colours' and offered position
  • Company backtracked on decision after learning she had tattoos on hand
Like it or not, tattoos and their placement can matter when it comes to employment.
I see that the company then offered to reinstate this lady! :) She promptly turned them down! :)

Upvote 0