Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Princetonguy,

Calvin (see his commentary on Romans) saw so much good in the man in Romans 7:14-25* that he not only concluded that the man was NOT totally depraved, but that he was a mature, born-again Christian—and not just any mature, born-again Christian, but the Apostle Paul himself!
Am I misreading your statement?

Upvote 0

Don Maurer

^Oh well^
Jun 5, 2013
Pa, USA, Earth, solar system, milky way, universe.
✟53,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I do not recall such a thing myself, but what does that have to do with anything that I have posted in this thread?

I think mikedsjr misunderstood what you were saying in the following statement that you made....

Calvin (see his commentary on Romans) saw so much good in the man in Romans 7:14-25* that he not only concluded that the man was NOT totally depraved, but that he was a mature, born-again Christian—and not just any mature, born-again Christian, but the Apostle Paul himself!

I had to read the statement a 2nd time myself. The first time I thought the same thing as mikedsjr did and then saw that you are simply saying that Calvin saw "the man in Romans 7:14-25" as regenerate.

It would be a good discussion to pursue the question, is the regenerate still totally depraved. I am not suggesting we do this in this thread, but it would be interesting. We can stick to the stated topic "What does an Arminian Baptist believe?"

Its a curious question. Very few Baptists consider themselves Arminian. Many Arminian Baptists would identify themselves as modified Calvinists or 3 point Calvinists, or something like that. In any case, my Arminianism is rather tainted, because I taint Arminian and should not speak for them.

Upvote 0