Jan 28, 2013
UK
✟20,491.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hi Vanessa,

Actually, I don't watch any TV much either unless it's the news sometimes. If I want to watch anything, such as a documentary or anything to do with our faith I generally look stuff up on YouTube, maybe that's something you can try (if you don't already?). The only time the TV is put on is if I get visitors who want to watch movies.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Just wanted to know what you all see on tv?"

Hmm - I generally catch the news at 10:00

I Like "Hell's Kitchen" just for the idiotic pathos, and the "Law and order" shows were generally interesting, but all the same anymore. ANd of course there's the "Real estate shows that my wife likes, and "I Found the Gown/Say YES to the dress foolishness. And there's are the "Tabloid shows" (60 minutes, etc.) that are occasionally interesting. I ABSOLUTELY can't abide the sitcoms which have gotten banal beyond belief, and the (shudder) Hallmark channel with its maudlin soap opera tear jerkers is beyond my tolerance level. Sometimes there are good movies on.

I don't see tv anymore because there's alot of bad shows according to some people I know.

BOY HOWDY - right now we're being swamped with sex, voyeuristic violence, homosexuality, Occultism, Phony Religion, and humanistic preaching. (I can't believe they've actually remade "Rosemary's Baby" into a TV Series!!!) There are a lot of shows that are rip-offs of the "Lost" genre.

"Does anyone of you all watch the sitcom "Friends"?

I never did personally, and neither did my wife. Never interested us. Nothing but a "Dumb, and Dumber" re-make with 6 pathetic and clueless main characters endlessly muddling their way through uninteresting situations.

"I still want to be able to fit in society not seem totally weird in this world!"

I personally couldn't give a rosy Rodent's Posterior about "Fitting in with Society" although I seem to very nicely. And don't really see what my "TV habits" (or lack thereof) have to do with it anyway. Folks with a "Classical Christian" point of view about things aren't going to fit real well in some places anyway.

[/B]"What do you all recommend I watch?"[/b]

YouTube has a well-nigh ENDLESS supply or neat stuff to watch - particularly of you like musical things. I Like "Jay Leno's Garage" since I'm a Car fancier.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bushinoki

Servant of the Most High
Jul 19, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
✟15,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not so much "TV" anymore. I watch stuff via Hulu and Amazon. For entertainment I like the DC Universe shows. For language studies I watch Anime in Japanese (Need to work on my language skills and be up on cultural knowledge. Going on some sort of mission when I get out of the Army.) Don't trust the major news channels anymore. Really, I'm with you on how bad American TV has gotten. Plus, I got sick of paying $100 a month so I can have the History Channel.

Upvote 0