What do you think this means:

Given the cited scripture:

• God wiould approve of homosexual relations.

• God would not approve of homosexual relations.

• The scripture has nothing to do with same sex relations.

Results are only viewable after voting.

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The scripture has nothing to do with same sex relations.

What a convenient out for the pro-homosexual side.

If God does not even want us to dress in the manner of the opposite sex, then it is also obvious, ipso facto, he would not want us to be having same sex relations.

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Not all homosexuals are cross dressers, just by the way. ;)

Not all homosexuals choose a lifestyle that involves having same sex sexual relations, according to some homosexuals that is the worst sin of all: denying yourself of having a same sex union.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
How do you come to that conclusion?

For a number of reasons, I can go into some more in-depth reasons when im home from work (nearing the end of my break now) unless someone else care to bring those up.

But the fact is that what is defined as mens clothing and womens clothing has changed a great deal since the times of the Bible. Also what is acceptable in one culture is often seen as unacceptable to another. We are not living in the time/place (at least I am not, might be some people in the same place on this board ;) ) that this was written in, and thus is it is impossible to apply this rule to something as diverse as clothing.

For example I come from London, which is a big diverse city, and in the places and circles I frequent it's not uncommon or out of place or unacceptable to see a guy dressed in clothes other places would define as for men and vice versa. Here it is the norm, other places it is not the norm. It's impossible to apply unless we all start wearing exact replicas of the clothes worn in biblical times.

Upvote 0

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
For a number of reasons, I can go into some more in-depth reasons when im home from work (nearing the end of my break now) unless someone else care to bring those up.

But the fact is that what is defined as mens clothing and womens clothing has changed a great deal since the times of the Bible. Also what is acceptable in one culture is often seen as unacceptable to another. We are not living in the time/place (at least I am not, might be some people in the same place on this board ;) ) that this was written in, and thus is it is impossible to apply this rule to something as diverse as clothing.

For example I come from London, which is a big diverse city, and in the places and circles I frequent it's not uncommon or out of place or unacceptable to see a guy dressed in clothes other places would define as for men and vice versa. Here it is the norm, other places it is not the norm. It's impossible to apply unless we all start wearing exact replicas of the clothes worn in biblical times.
Well how do you assume that the scripture there is speaking about clothes. Are you taking the LITERAL meaning?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seekingmyLord

Seeking to please my Lord.
Jun 18, 2007
✟11,756.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
What do you think this means:

Quote:
deuteronomy 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Just a twist for fun: Seems to me that we should all still be wearing robes since even men did not wear "the pants in the family" back then! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: gwdboi
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that God would approve of homosexuality given this ?
Uhmmm how about the other things in that chapter?
Deuteronomy 22

1 If you see your brother's ox or sheep straying, do not ignore it but be sure to take it back to him. 2 If the brother does not live near you or if you do not know who he is, take it home with you and keep it until he comes looking for it. Then give it back to him. 3 Do the same if you find your brother's donkey or his cloak or anything he loses. Do not ignore it.
4 If you see your brother's donkey or his ox fallen on the road, do not ignore it. Help him get it to its feet.
5 A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.
6 If you come across a bird's nest beside the road, either in a tree or on the ground, and the mother is sitting on the young or on the eggs, do not take the mother with the young. 7 You may take the young, but be sure to let the mother go, so that it may go well with you and you may have a long life.
8 When you build a new house, make a parapet around your roof so that you may not bring the guilt of bloodshed on your house if someone falls from the roof.
9 Do not plant two kinds of seed in your vineyard; if you do, not only the crops you plant but also the fruit of the vineyard will be defiled.
10 Do not plow with an ox and a donkey yoked together.
11 Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together.
12 Make tassels on the four corners of the cloak you wear.
(emph. added)
for instance DO you wear tassles on your clothing?
tulc(if you're going to obey some but not others how do you pick which ones are for you and which aren't?) :scratch:

Upvote 0