What do you think the crowns show as to timing?

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The ten horns seem to wear crowns when it is time for them to gain a kingdom. They have to reside on one of the seven heads, or be scattered among them.
If they are on one head only in Rev. 13, then it could be those horns that take the deadly wound and get healed.

Hi vinsight4u, none of the heads in the text have crowns in Revelation 13, let alone 10. The ten crowns are on the horns in the text.

13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

In Revelation 12, the 7 heads have 7 crowns- that's one crown per head.

3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

The seven kingdoms theory is wrong. It is unworkable.

The seven heads are seven kings of the fourth empire, the Roman Empire.

Doug

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Rev. 17 seems to be referring to more than one set of ten horns.
Only verse 16 tells about the ones that John saw on the beast.

v 16
"And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast..."

So is the other set on the woman?
the dragon?
or where?

v12
And the ten horns which thou sawest..."

John sees a scarlet colored beast in Revelation 17 and Revelation 12, the red dragon. It is the same person - Satan.

John sees Satan in both chapters, because the actual beast does not ascend out the bottomless pit until there are 42 months left in Revelation 13. John is not able to see into the pit. So he cannot see the actual beast while he is in the pit. He is shown Satan the power behind the beast.

In Revelation 17, that chapter is timestamped first century.
In Revelation 12, that chapter is timestamped at the beginning of the 7 years.
In Revelation 13, that chapter is timestamped at the beginning of the last 42 months.

Revelation 17:16, it is said that the ten horns will be ruling with the beast after he (ascends out of the pit) becomes the 8th king, with 42 months left in chapter 13. That's why the ten horns have their crowns in chapter 13. They are ruling with the beast after he has ascended out of the pit.

The beast in the pit, imo, is Nimrod.

Doug

Upvote 0

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
in the Spirit ... God willing ...
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In Revelation, John seems to be showing that the empires have gone as far as the 7th one by the time of chapter 12. Rome would have to be the seventh empire with a crown? If the dragon had been shown later in time, would he have more heads and crowns?

If each head shows a kingdom, and they keep their crowns even after they fall, then Rev. 12 would be placing John at the time of the 7th head in power?

The ten horns seem to wear crowns when it is time for them to gain a kingdom. They have to reside on one of the seven heads, or be scattered among them.
If they are on one head only in Rev. 13, then it could be those horns that take the deadly wound and get healed.
Why didn't John tell us himself that this beast was wounded by a sword?

crowns - show have their kingdom

7 heads wear crowns in Rev. 12.
What do you think they are?

had an answer ...

but, a thought cross my mind as i went to post ... so just going to lay it out ...

Psalm 6:16-19 ... seven deadly sins ... These six things doth the Lord hate; yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

a proud look,
a lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
a heart that deviseth wicked imaginations,
feet that be swift in running to mischief,
a false witness that speaketh lies,
and he that soweth discord among brethen.

all these together in big operation make much confusion and chaos ...

Upvote 0

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
in the Spirit ... God willing ...
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
had an answer ...

but, a thought cross my mind as i went to post ... so just going to lay it out ...

Psalm 6:16-19 ... seven deadly sins ... These six things doth the Lord hate; yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

a proud look,
a lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
a heart that deviseth wicked imaginations,
feet that be swift in running to mischief,
a false witness that speaketh lies,
and he that soweth discord among brethen.

all these together in big operation make much confusion and chaos ...

not Psalm ... but Proverbs 6:16-19

Genesis 6:5 ... wickedness of mankind ... And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Isaiah 59:7 ... national corruption, consequent suffering ... Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed inocent blood: their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wastingand destruction are in their paths.

maybe those heads contain all the spirits not of the Lord ... times ... times ... many times in magnitude ... like in an incredible rise in evil ...

we can look in our own country here and see the rise of things being accepted that are not of the Lord ... in a very short amount of time ...

He says these are the things that are an abomination to Him ... so, it would be logical that way ...

anyway ... just fixin' an error ...

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟272,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The central problem here is, how can Satan have 7 heads and 10 horns with no power/ no crowns when it says in Rev 17 that the 10 kings have no power until they bring the 11th horn, the 4th beast king from the sea to power? In other words, there are only 6 heads to the dragon which should have 7 heads.

In Rev 12, the beast has 7 heads and 10 horns with no power.

In Rev 13, the beast has 7 heads, and 10 horns that have crowns, have received power with the 4th beast.

Let's look at Rev 17 in full.

1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither ; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great harlot that sitteth upon many waters:

2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication , and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead was a name written , MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. 7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel ? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. 8 The beast that thou sawest was , and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder , whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was , and is not, and yet is .

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth . 10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen , and one is , and the other is not yet come ; and when he cometh , he must continue a short space. 11 And the beast that was , and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. 12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. 13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast. 14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. 15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest , where the harlot sitteth , are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree , and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled .

18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

The woman rules over all 7 kings. Woman/ 1, Woman/ 2, woman/ 3, woman/ 4, woman/ 5, woman/ 6, woman/ 7. New Jerusalem bride/ 8.

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth . 10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen , and one is , and the other is not yet come ; and when he cometh , he must continue a short space. 11 And the beast that was , and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

The 6th king is the new Antiochus, king of the north that rules over the other 3 fragments of the new Alexander the Great's empire (the United States of Europe is ruled under the new Alexander, but is then split into 4 fragments, the dominant fragment, new Antiochus, who is then given world dominion.

Antiochus' harlot, the 6th king's harlot that rules over him is the 7th head to form the 7 headed Satan with 10 horns with no power/ no crowns.

That harlot/ the 6th king's harlot that rules him, is burned by the 10 horns with no power. They get power when new Antiochus' harlot is burned. The 11th horn becomes the new 7th head that is given power by the 10 horns. Then the beast from the earth comes up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
✟272,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi tranquil,

I have been looking at a post of yours from April of last year as to the
covenant with death and hell. I see this part as linking to both Tiglath pileser,
and the end-time Chaldean. I don't know how you find the king of the south in it.
I see where you think the agreement part could mean Israel thought that they would be protected by them/Egypt. I'm going to print out your post and study on it a bit.
I may send the thread back up - it's- Daniel 8 is next.

As to Rev. 17, do you think John is telling us about both the scarlet beast, and
the beast that got a seat? The chapter begins with a mission. That mission is the angel will tell John about the great harlot that sits on many waters.

Okay, this means that John will hear about the waters part from chapter 16.
The angel shows John the woman, but then John wonders after her, so the first mission is held off, and now the angel feels that he must first tell John about this woman and the beast (scarlet) that carries her. So, John has yet to find out as to the judgment part of the prophecy. But if we skip down to verse 15, we find that here is when the task of telling him about the harlot on the waters - as to her judgment begins to be revealed.

Rev. 17
v 15
"And he saith unto me, The waters..."

Rev. 17:1
"And....I will shew unto thee the judgment of the harlot that
sitteth upon the many waters:"

John learns that her judgment will be to get burned by the ten kings.

He already saw that the waters will get a vial poured out on them as punish-
ment, back in chapter 16.

v 16
This is referring to the ten horns on which beast?
The angel didn't again make the remark as to which thou sawest.

16:5
"And I heard the angels of the waters say..."

Are two sets of ten kings in the scarlet beast
scene?

Rev. 17:7
And...which hath the seven heads and ten horns."

Even though John has seen ten horns already, the definite
article was not used. John told us that he saw ten horns on the beast.

having seven heads and ten horns / from verse 3

hath the seven heads and ten horns /from verse 7

/This makes it seem as if the ten are all on one head or
scattered about.

17:12
"And the ten horns which thou sawest..."
17:16

/If we let that mystery of the woman and the beast that carries
her end at verse 14, then what beast is being used with the ten kings
in the later verses? The waters scene is from chapter 16. Chapter 17 is just
continuing the vision already going from chapter 16.

Rev. 16:1
"And.....17:1 And..."

Rev. 18:1
"And after these things I saw..."
/This is now a separate vision from the one that ends in chapter 17.

I'm enjoying your thought-provoking notes, I'll look for more.

Ah! I really cringe when you bring up posts/ thoughts from that long ago! :D

I'm very speculative, and my only redeeming virtue is that I am quick to dump bad ideas when something better comes along.

You make a good observation about it being during the time of the bowl / vial judgments. As to what it means, I don't know.

To elaborate a little further on my previous post, as I have a little more time now, this is where I am at.

Clearly, the harlot/ city that rules the new Antiochus, 6th king, king of the North, is the Vatican. The Pope would be the 7th king that rules that city/ "woman" clothed in purple etc that is described in Rev 17. Add 1260 days to when Pope Francis started, 3-13-13, and you get Aug. 24, 2016. This day is also the 2300rd day from the 63rd Shavuot from the creation of Israel (dusk 5-18-10). (Historically, there are 2 sets of the 2300 days that overlap somewhat with each other The 2300-day Prophecy of the SDA Church Examined scroll down halfway to a sidebar info graph)

So, things don't look very good right there. Before this date would be the political entity of the 7 headed Satan with 10 horns that don't have a crown, the 10 horns haven't brought the 4th beast from the sea, the 11th horn, to power. There is no beast from the earth yet (the 8th king), not until the 4th beast, the 11th horn comes to power, the 2nd 7th head.

Looking to Rev 13's Satan with 7 heads and 10 horns that have crowns/ received power with the last beast, the 4th beast from the sea of Dan 7.

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
This Satan has taken over the Leopard 4 territory, the Bear's territory, and the Lion's territory.

"he is granted authority to continue for 42 months" - because it is such a overt signal, I have to conclude that the 4th beast is the USA in some fashion. From dusk of inauguration day, Jan. 20 add 1260 days and you will get dusk of July 3. Dusk July 3 to dusk July 4th, Independence day, would be the 1261st day. The most logical set of days for the authority granting would be right after the Vatican has been destroyed (right after the Olympics end Aug 21, 2016 - all eyes will see the return of Satan pretending to be a saviour in some manner). Jan 20th, 2017 through July 4th, 2020.

(Because it is so in your face, I think that "Chris Christie" is a false Christ that will be "rejected" like Christ was rejected ("I come in my Father's name and you reject me, but if someone comes in their own name, him you will receive") and the antichrist brought to power, "elected".)

But the 4th beast, 11th horn, 2nd 7th head of Satan, doesn't start persecuting people until he goes into the temple and calls himself God. That would happen at the star sign of Rev 12 that occurs Sept 22nd, 2017. When the woman goes into the wilderness for 1260 days. 10 days later (a la the Abomination statue worship delay in the Maccabees/ Antiochus / Hanukah story) would begin the 2nd Satan's reign.

When it says:
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

it is describing 2 different events, one event is the granting of 42 months (the inauguration of the President of the world), and then an offset of about 9 months before this entity goes into the temple to call himself God/ breaks the covenant in the middle of the "7" (10-2-17 - this would seem to indicate that Obama is elected to a 3rd term), which would equate to the beast being given the right to make war with the saints.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
✟272,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll try to do a more thorough post of this soon, but I wanted to respond to your posts in a preliminary fashion.

Rev 12 has the star sign of the woman clothed with the sun, moon at her feet, and a crown of 12 stars. She is giving birth to Jupiter.

signsonofman.png

I was incorrect about a few things previously.

Going through Daniel 7-12, one can see a few things:

The 8th head of Satan (from Rev 17) is the "foreign god" of Daniel 11 that the "vile person" (the 7th head) promotes. (the 6th head is new Antiochus)

21 And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.
22 And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant.
23 And after the league made with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.
24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.
25 And he shall stir up his power and his courage against the king of the south with a great army; and the king of the south shall be stirred up to battle with a very great and mighty army; but he shall not stand: for they shall forecast devices against him.
26 Yea, they that feed of the portion of his meat shall destroy him, and his army shall overflow: and many shall fall down slain.
27 And both of these kings' hearts shall be to do mischief, and they shall speak lies at one table; but it shall not prosper: for yet the end shall be at the time appointed.
28 Then shall he return into his land with great riches; and his heart shall be against the holy covenant; and he shall do exploits, and return to his own land.
29 At the time appointed he shall return, and come toward the south; but it shall not be as the former, or as the latter.
30 For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.
35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.
36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

The "vile person" is the 7th head, Death, the completion of the 7 headed beast from the sea, "new Demetrius" (in the book of Maccabees, Demetrius Soter is the "beast from the sea", setting up shop in Tripoli which ruled 3 cities one of which was Tyre - which is an island (beast "kingdom" from the sea). He comes up with a group of people/ Dan 11's 23 And after the league made with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.= group of small people is 10 horns/ kings.

Hades is the 8th king, the one who performs miracles and is the "foreign god" that Death promotes via the abomination of desolation statue. The statue is of Maitreya Buddha/ New Age Buddha who is said to be the "reincarnation of Jesus". The next president of the US will force the worship of the reincarnation of Jesus/ "Chinese Jesus", new age Maitreya.

The Satan with 7 heads, 10 horns and 7 crowns of Revelation 12 actually occurs after the Rev 13 Satan with 7 heads, 10 horns, 10 crowns. The 10 horns bring the 7th head to power. The "harlot of Babylon" is the Vatican that rules new Antiochus, the 6th king, the Leopard that is given dominion in Daniel 2 and 7 (belly of brass). The harlot/ the Vatican is destroyed by New Age "Jesus"/ Chinese Maitreya.

The Olympics final ceremonies of 2016 are Aug 21, so that via TV "all eyes can see "Chinese Jesus"/ the strange foreign god of Dan 11, come down like lightning and burn the harlot of Babylon/ the Vatican. Of which Maitreya will take over. "Because he is the "real Jesus" reincarnated. Aug 21, 2016 through the star sign above, Sept 22, 2017 Rosh Hashanah (I show the 23rd for simplicity's sake) is Trumpet 6's 1 year ,1 month, 1 day, 1 hour when the kings of the East bring their 200,000,000 army to fore. The Chinese are bringing the worship of Maitreya. Maitreya is the "beast from the earth with 2 horns" in control of the world's finances and 666.

Put another way, March 24, 2016 is the official start of Dan 8's 2300 days. 5 months later, Chinese "Jesus"/ New Age Maitreya comes down from "heaven" and destroys the Vatican.

the new US president (not Obama, and not the next one who is the "taxer" of Dan 11, then the vile person who is New Demetrius Soter.) of 2017 (1-20-17 dusk through 7-3-20 dusk is 1260 days, the 1261st day is Independence Day) is the completion of the 7 headed 10 horns with 10 crowns of Rev 13. (10 FEMA states in the US). 8 months later, 9 "birth months" after Christmas 2016 (Hanukah lands on the same day this particular year) is the "middle of the 7" (9-22-17/10-2-17 with the 7 year covenant starting April 21, 2014) when new Demetrius forces the worship of "Jesus reincarnated"/ Chinese Maitreya.

The Satan of Rev 12 on Sept 22, 2017 is the 7 heads, 10 horns, with 7 crowns which indicates that the 8th head, the supernatural "miracle worker" Chinese Jesus" has taken over 3 of the horns of the 10:

Dan 7:

24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Bible2

tranquil said in post 15:

Rev 12 has the star sign of the woman clothed with the sun, moon at her feet, and a crown of 12 stars.

The woman in Revelation 12 represents the church (which is Israel: Romans 11:1,17,24, Ephesians 2:12,19, Galatians 3:29, Revelation 21:9,12; 1 Peter 2:9-10). She is clothed with the sun (Revelation 12:1) of righteousness (Malachi 4:2) through her faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 3:22), just as later we see the church clothed with righteousness (Revelation 19:8). The moon under her feet (Revelation 12:1) represents Satan under her feet (Romans 16:20) as she overcomes him spiritually by her faith in Jesus (Revelation 12:11). The crown of 12 stars on her head (Revelation 12:1) represents the 12 apostles (Matthew 10:2-4, Acts 1:16-26) who have been placed over the church (1 Corinthians 12:28).

Her giving birth to the "man child" and his being caught up to the throne of God (Revelation 12:5) immediately before she flees into the wilderness for a literal 3.5 years (Revelation 12:6) represents the future, mid-tribulation catching up of the 144,000 male-virgins part of the church in their mortal bodies to the throne of God in heaven (Revelation 14:1,4,5, Textus Receptus), like Enoch and Elijah were caught up in their mortal bodies to heaven (Hebrews 11:5; 2 Kings 2:11).

Her fleeing into and remaining in a protected wilderness place for a literal 3.5 years (Revelation 12:6,14) represents those in the church who will flee into and remain in divinely-protected wilderness places during the Antichrist's future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign (Revelation 13:5-18), which will be in the latter half of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24. The remnant of her seed (Revelation 12:17) represents those in the church during that time who won't flee into wilderness places, but will remain in the cities, and will be persecuted in every nation, imprisoned, and beheaded by the Antichrist (Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4-6, Matthew 24:9-13).

She is giving birth to Jupiter.

By that do you mean Jesus? If so, in Revelation 12:5, the "man child" isn't Jesus, for Revelation 12:5 isn't about past things, but is part of the "things which must be hereafter" (Revelation 4:1b). Revelation chapters 11-14 show from 4 different angles what will happen right before the start and during the future, literal 3.5 years of the Antichrist's worldwide reign (Revelation 11:2b-3, Revelation 12:6,14, Revelation 13:5-8, Revelation 14:9-13), which will be in the latter half of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24.

Regarding Revelation 12:5 saying "who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron": Along with Jesus (Revelation 19:15, Psalms 2:9), the whole obedient church will rule the nations with a rod of iron (Revelation 2:26-29) on the earth (Revelation 5:10) during the future millennium (Revelation 20:4-6). Before the millennium, during the tribulation, at its midpoint, the 144,000 male-virgins part of the church will be caught up bodily to the throne of God in heaven (Revelation 14:1,4,5, Textus Receptus) as the "man child" (Revelation 12:5-6), and as the firstfruits of the church (Revelation 14:4) in the sense of its best part (cf. Numbers 18:12).

The Satan with 7 heads, 10 horns and 7 crowns of Revelation 12 actually occurs after the Rev 13 Satan with 7 heads, 10 horns, 10 crowns.

The beast in its empire aspect (Revelation 13:1-2, Revelation 17:3) is a different entity than Satan (the dragon, Revelation 12:3,9). For the beast and the dragon are shown to be separate in Revelation 13:2,4, Revelation 16:13, and Revelation 19:20 to 20:3. Also, Satan has his crowns on his 7 heads (Revelation 12:3,9), whereas the beast has its crowns on its 10 horns (Revelation 13:1).

In Revelation 12:3, the 7 heads are Satan's literal heads in his true, serpentine-dragon form (Revelation 12:9), whereas the 7 heads of the symbolic leopard-like beast in Revelation 13:1-2 and Revelation 17:3 are the symbolic heads of the kingdom of Satan as he has made it in his 7-headed image down through the ages, during 7 consecutive empires (Revelation 17:9-10).

That is, the 7 heads of the beast in its empire aspect (Revelation 13:1, Revelation 17:3) represent 7 different empires (Revelation 17:9-10): Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome, and (possibly) Islam. The first 5 had fallen by the time of John the apostle in the first century AD: "five are fallen" (Revelation 17:10, Revelation 1:1b-2). The 6th (Rome) existed at the time of John: "one is" (Revelation 17:10). The 7th (possibly Islam) hadn't come by the time of John: "the other is not yet come" (Revelation 17:10). The empire of the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) will be a different, still-future, 8th head (Revelation 17:11), which will be a revival of one of the 5 empires that had fallen by the time of John (Revelation 17:8,10,11). It will be a revival of the empire of Babylon. The Antichrist will transform the present-day, rebuilt city of Babylon (in Iraq) into the capital of his world empire, only to see his city of Babylon ultimately destroyed at Jesus' 2nd coming (Isaiah 13).

Before the 2nd coming, when the world is brought into the worship of Lucifer (the dragon, Satan) and the Antichrist, during the Antichrist's future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign (Revelation 13:4-18, Revelation 12:9), the Antichrist will build their main temple in the city of Babylon. For a temple to "wickedness" will be built in Shinar (Babylonia) (Zechariah 5:8,11), and the Antichrist is called "that Wicked" (2 Thessalonians 2:8). Also, the dragon has been the god worshipped in the city of Babylon since ancient times.

The Antichrist may claim to be Nebuchadnezzar returned, and so reinstitute the system that Nebuchadnezzar set up whereby everyone had to worship an image or be killed (Daniel 3, Revelation 13:15). The Antichrist may also claim to be, at the same time, the return of Nimrod (the founder of Babylon: Genesis 10:8-10), and Hammurabi, and Asoka, and other famous rulers of the past. For he may claim that he has had many different "past lives" as various "enlightened" rulers.

Besides building a main temple in Babylon, the Antichrist will also sit (at least one time) in a future, 3rd Jewish temple in Jerusalem, and declare himself God there (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36,31, Matthew 24:15, Revelation 11:1-2). The Antichrist could also sit (at least one time) in other religions' holiest shrines, and declare himself to be God there as well. For example, he could also sit in Islam's Kaaba in Mecca, in the Sikhs' Golden Temple in Amritsar, in Catholicism's St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican, etc.

The "harlot of Babylon" is the Vatican that rules new Antiochus, the 6th king, the Leopard that is given dominion in Daniel 2 and 7 (belly of brass).

While the corrupt aspects of the Vatican are included in what Revelation's symbolic "Babylon" (Revelation chapters 17-18) represents, it represents much more than just the corrupt aspects of the Vatican. For the Vatican just by itself doesn't reign over the kings of the earth (Revelation 17:18). Nor is the Vatican the only place where people buy merchandise (Revelation 18:11). Nor is the Vatican the place where all martyrs have been killed (Revelation 18:24). Nor has the Vatican just by itself corrupted the entire world (Revelation 18:3). Nor has the Vatican been continuously supported by the empires of fallen man throughout history (Revelation 17:9-10). Instead, Revelation's symbolic "Babylon" represents all of mankind's corrupt political (Revelation 17:18), economic (Revelation 18:11), and religious (Revelation 18:24) systems throughout the earth (Revelation 18:3), and throughout history (Revelation 17:9-10).

The 10 kings of the Antichrist's empire will destroy with fire what Revelation's "Babylon" represents (Revelation 17:16-17) when they destroy the cities of the earth (Revelation 16:19), probably with nukes (and probably with Fission-Fusion-Fission, "FFF", or "666", nukes, "F" representing the number six in English gematria), at the time of the 7th vial (Revelation 16:17,19), which will be the final event (Revelation 16:17) of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, right before Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 19:2 to 20:6, Matthew 24:29-31). They could do this under the direction of Lucifer/Satan (Isaiah 14:17,12), who could want to leave only a literal "scorched earth" for Jesus to return to.

Near the very end of the future tribulation, Lucifer (employing the ancient lies of Gnosticism) could say to the Antichrist and his 10 kings something like: "Our great battle against the evil, tyrant god YHWH is about to begin [Revelation 16:14, Revelation 19:19], a battle which we will win, and so we will be able to escape YHWH's prison house, this material universe, and return to the wholly-spiritual Pleroma [i.e. Heaven]. So let us now destroy this prison cell, this foul planet, and let us, as it were, burn up all the gewgaws which we have hung upon our cell walls. Let us burn up all our great cities, all our magnificent systems. Let us break all our chains of attachment to this vile physical realm, that we might more freely ascend back to our rightful place in the Pleroma [Isaiah 14:13-14]".

Of course this will be a lie. For at his 2nd coming, Jesus (who is YHWH: John 10:30, Zechariah 14:3-4) will completely defeat the world's armies, arrayed against YHWH (Revelation 16:14, Revelation 19:19-21). And Jesus will have Lucifer bound in the bottomless pit during the subsequent 1,000 years (Revelation 20:1-6, Isaiah 14:15). And Jesus will restore ruined parts of the earth and make them like the Garden of Eden (Ezekiel 36:35, Isaiah 51:3). And after the 1,000 years and subsequent events are over (Revelation 20:7-15), God will create a new heaven (a new first heaven, a new sky/atmosphere for the earth) and a new earth (a new surface for the earth) (Revelation 21:1). And then God will descend from the 3rd heaven in the literal city of New Jerusalem to live with saved humanity on the new earth (Revelation 21:2-4).

Dan 7:

24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

In Daniel 7, the first 3 beasts (Daniel 7:3-6) represent the ancient empires of Babylon (lion), Medo-Persia (bear), and Greece (leopard). The 4th beast, or 4th "king"/"kingdom" (Daniel 7:17,23), represents the ancient Roman empire. The 10 horns/kings which come out of it (Daniel 7:7,24) could represent 10 major kingdoms/nations today which came out the former territory of the Roman empire, which consisted not only of Western Europe, but also the Middle East and North Africa. These 10 nations could be Germany, the U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Egypt, Iraq, Algeria, and Syria. The 10 part-iron/part-clay toes of Daniel 2:42 could represent the same thing as the 10 horns of Daniel 7:7. The Europeans could be the iron, and the Arabs and Turks could be the clay. In Daniel 2:43, the inability of the iron to mix with the clay could represent how, for example, there are many Turks living in Germany, but they remain separated in ghettoes within German cities. Similarly, there are many Algerians living in France, but they remain separated in ghettoes within French cities.

But despite this social separation, which could endure indefinitely, the people of Western Europe on the one hand, and the people of the Middle East and North Africa on the other, could still one day put aside their political separation and become united into one confederation. For Daniel 2:42 refers to the 10 as a singular "kingdom". The person who brings this about could be the Antichrist. The arising of the "little" horn (Daniel 7:8, Daniel 8:9), which is "diverse" from the 10 major nations (Daniel 7:24), could mean that the Antichrist will arise from a little country.

And the little horn arising from "among" the 10 major nations (Daniel 7:8) could mean that the Antichrist's country's territory used to be part of the Roman empire. And before that, it was part of one of the 4 Diadochian Greek kingdoms which succeeded the Greek empire of Alexander the Great (Daniel 8:8-9,21-25). The territory of these 4 kingdoms stretched from Greece over to Iran, and down into Egypt. So the Antichrist could come from the Middle East. He could be an Arab who will come from the little country of Lebanon, from the modern city of Tyre (Ezekiel 28:2; 2 Thessalonians 2:4).

The Antichrist could start out by claiming to be a Baathist. After becoming the leader of Lebanon, he could peacefully gain control of a Baathist confederation of 3 of the 10 major nations (Daniel 7:24): Egypt, "toward the south" of Lebanon (Daniel 8:9), and Iraq and Syria, "toward the east" of Lebanon (Daniel 8:9). This confederation could also include the minor nation of a United Palestine, i.e. a defeated Israel, "the pleasant land" (Daniel 8:9).

This Baathist confederation could be put together in the future by an Iraqi Baathist General who could completely defeat and occupy Israel and Egypt with a huge Iraqi Army (Daniel 11:15-17; in verse 17 the original Hebrew word translated as "daughter" is "bath"), but who could then mysteriously disappear (Daniel 11:19) shortly before the Antichrist arises on the world stage (Daniel 11:21-45). Years later, when the Antichrist gains control of all 10 of the major nations, he could appoint kings over them (Revelation 17:12) who will defer to him (Revelation 17:13), like when Napoleon gained control of different nations, he appointed kings over them who would defer to him.

Upvote 0