samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Since many people approve of non-traditional "marriages" that were recently allowed in several countries, I'm curious how many people approve of incest because the arguments in favor of those marriages seems to apply to other non-traditional marriages.

If two consenting adults love each other should they be allowed to marry even though they are related? Is it wrong to deprive them of being happy? Should they be forced to live unhappy celibate lives because they aren't attracted to anyone else?

Is it hateful to tell people incest is wrong and that they need to repent? Is it hateful to tell people engaging in incest that they are mentally ill or just confused? I ask because that's what people told me when I expressed my opinion of other non-traditional "marriages."

Last edited:

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I recently came out of the closet about my familial orientation because I'd like to marry my sister. I'm only attracted to family members (all adults) and could not be happy unless I'm married to one of my siblings or cousins. I heard lots of hate from believers I told. They said God doesn't approve of incest and that I need to repent. I hope everyone here isn't so judgmental and full of hate.

I'm not promoting incest. I'm just curious how everyone feels about it. If two people are in love and not attracted to anyone else, should it matter if they are siblings? Doesn't God want everyone to be happy? Why should anyone be forced to live unhappy celibate lives because they aren't attracted to anyone who isn't part of their family?

As long as one of you has reproductive problems, it's OK. There are two reasons it is avoided.

One, it is just "too easy" to take advantage of your close proximity to siblings. Many young children sleep in the same bed. To allow siblings to be sexually active is practically a green light to allow them to be raped or molested as children. This type of trauma can devastate ones psychology for life.

Second, it too often produces offspring with genetic defects. Becasue this is likely, it leaves an innocent child with lifelong impairments that you could have avoided. It's difficult to watch children grow up in the world in the best health. It's very hard to watch them grow knowing they struggle all their lives knowing you could have been the reason for their misery.

Incest is something educated people have decided is wrong due to DNA damage it might cause.
If one of you is willing to be surgically altered to be sterile, then a late-in-life romance can be accommodated.
But you may not marry your sister becasue you molested her as a child. You should go to prison for that anyway. While it may seem that your family members are attractive, I suggest that there are more attractive people out there that you've not taken the effort to find. For example, I met a girl I found very attractive becuase she reminded me of one of my favorite cousins. It turns out she was from the town where I was born. Odds are good she is a distant realtive from an unknown branch of the family. Just sticking to known family members is too easy and selfish. Your intended may change and want children later without your genetic defects.
Inbreeding and genetic disease - Understanding Genetics

Last edited:
Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
As long as one of you has reproductive problems, it's OK. There are two reasons it is avoided.

One, it is just "too easy" to take advantage of your close proximity to siblings. Many young children sleep in the same bed. To allow siblings to be sexually active is practically a green light to allow them to be raped or molested as children. This type of trauma can devastate ones psychology for life.

Second, it too often produces offspring with genetic defects. Becasue this is likely, it leaves an innocent child with lifelong impairments that you could have avoided. It's difficult to watch children grow up in the world in the best health. It's very hard to watch them grow knowing they struggle all their lives knowing you could have been the reason for their misery.

Incest is something educated people have decided is wrong due to DNA damage it might cause.
If one of you is willing to be surgically altered to be sterile, then a late-in-life romance can be accommodated.
But you may not marry your sister becasue you molested her as a child. You should go to prison for that anyway. While it may seem that your family members are attractive, I suggest that there are more attractive people out there that you've not taken the effort to find. For example, I met a girl I found very attractive becuase she reminded me of one of my favorite cousins. It turns out she was from the town where I was born. Odds are good she is a distant realtive from an unknown branch of the family. Just sticking to known family members is too easy and selfish. Your intended may change and want children later without your genetic defects.
Inbreeding and genetic disease - Understanding Genetics

I posted from the first person to make the case but what I wrote doesn't describe me. I posted because it seems like the same argument people use to support one type of immoral relationship common in Sodom in Gomorrah that I'm not allowed to mention could be used to support other immoral relationships as well. I was referring strictly to adult relationships started as adults so I'm not sure why you brought up children. Genetic problems could be avoided using contraception. Does being too easy and selfish make incest a sin?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
hmmmm selfishness is a sin (misses the mark: God is not selfish) ... but if the same thing happened for non-selfish reasons ... then you'd need another reason such as harm that is caused.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul talks about incest and found it to be disgusting and something that shouldn't be done. Is incest a sin now but not during abrahams time? It seems to be the case but i'm not sure if incest is a sin. My spirit tells me it is now but wasn't during abrahams time. So i'll go with that till proven otherwise.

Reactions: ml5363
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you read Leviticus 18, you will read most of the commands regarding sexual immorality. Incest is a sin

Leviticus 18:6-9 NIV

‘No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am YAH.

Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.

Do not have sexual relations with your father’s wife; that would dishonor your father.

Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.’

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Since many people approve of non-traditional "marriages" that were recently allowed in several countries, I'm curious how many people approve of incest because the arguments in favor of those marriages seems to apply to other non-traditional marriages.

If two consenting adults love each other should they be allowed to marry even though they are related? Is it wrong to deprive them of being happy? Should they be forced to live unhappy celibate lives because they aren't attracted to anyone else?

Is it hateful to tell people incest is wrong and that they need to repent? Is it hateful to tell people engaging in incest that they are mentally ill or just confused? I ask because that's what people told me when I expressed my opinion of other non-traditional "marriages."
I, personally, don't believe genuine consent can exist between family members when it comes to a sexual relationship, except in the rare situations where people turn out to be close relatives only after unknowingly stating a relationship, say in cases of adoption.

That said, assuming genuine, fully informed, fully free adult consent, while I, personally, don't think it's something I would ever want to do, I can see no secular ethical or moral reason to obstruct an incestuous relationship.

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I, personally, don't believe genuine consent can exist between family members when it comes to a sexual relationship, except in the rare situations where people turn out to be close relatives only after unknowingly stating a relationship, say in cases of adoption.

That said, assuming genuine, fully informed, fully free adult consent, while I, personally, don't think it's something I would ever want to do, I can see no secular ethical or moral reason to obstruct an incestuous relationship.

So you think God approves of incest as long as it meets the criteria you mentioned? How do you call yourself Catholic?

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Did I say anything about God?

Yes. You said, "I can see no... moral reason to obstruct an incestuous relationship." Morals are based on what God considers right and wrong so if you're saying incest shouldn't be obstructed because it is morally acceptable then you are saying God approves of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes. You said, "I can see no... moral reason to obstruct an incestuous relationship." Morals are based on what God considers right and wrong so if you're saying incest shouldn't be obstructed because it is morally acceptable then you are saying God approves of it.
Wow. Selective reading FTW.

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
Love god, love your neighbor. Do you like things that are "abominable" to you? Eating pig flesh is still abominable past the time of jesus. Incest is still abominable. Be ye holy even as he is holy. No adulterers. I could go on I think just a little bit. God does not endorse it, and that's all I have to share on it.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet."8 But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of coveting. For apart from the law, sin was dead. 9 Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. 10 I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death. 11 For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death. 12 So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.

13 Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! Nevertheless, in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it used what is good to bring about my death, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.

Upvote 0

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Pretty sure that is next on the agenda since the LGBT Mafia got their way with marriage and are working on transgender bathrooms now.

The fact that we have redefined marriage, now anyone can say why cant I marry my dog or why cant family member get married if they love each other...dont judge them and its none of your business. My bet is incest will be legal within 4 years.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Pretty sure that is next on the agenda since the LGBT Mafia got their way with marriage and are working on transgender bathrooms now.

The fact that we have redefined marriage, now anyone can say why cant I marry my dog or why cant family member get married if they love each other...dont judge them and its none of your business. My bet is incest will be legal within 4 years.
Because dogs can't giv3 consent.

What do you bet, by the way? Because I'll take that bet...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Because dogs can't giv3 consent.
Doesn't seem to bother the Scandinavians...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/14/denmark-s-inappropriate behavior with animals-problem-it-s-legal.html

I mean, it's just about love right? No room for legalistic morality as far as I can see.... "do thou as thou wilt is the whole law."

Guess where it began... ignoring God's Commandments, His Laws. You're a fool if you can't see the correlation...

What about those pillars of society over at NAMBLA? Many high ranking industry and government leaders are game for a little Grecian/Roman man/boy love.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Man/Boy_Love_Association

I suppose this perversion has nothing to do with ignoring God's Laws...

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't seem to bother the Scandinavians...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/14/denmark-s-inappropriate behavior with animals-problem-it-s-legal.html

I mean, it's just about love right? No room for legalistic morality as far as I can see.... "do thou as thou wilt is the whole law."

Guess where it began... ignoring God's Commandments, His Laws. You're a fool if you can't see the correlation...

What about those pillars of society over at NAMBLA? Many high ranking industry and government leaders are game for a little Grecian/Roman man/boy love.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Man/Boy_Love_Association

I suppose this perversion has nothing to do with ignoring God's Laws...
Yes. It's all part of Obama and the Pope's fiendish plot to make Sunday worship globally mandatory.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Thanx for that intelligent reply to the subject at hand...
From the read of it you have either a excoriating fan or a stalker.
As to the OP question, what would Jesus say? There you have it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.