Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
well your right ham you never said it was self center or arrogant, so I am sorry, but appeared you were defending Him and agreeing, if this is not the case then disregard.

I asked if he was right since you said of the poem, "Just because that means that to me does not mean it will mean that to you. its what you relate to. Not like this the concrete meaning it can not mean anything else. Its why its written that way."

If you say it can mean more than what you intended, how can you criticize his view of it?

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Nothing along the lines of what I'm being a used of, though.

Right, but your words were "I never said anything about the poem."

Sorry...Im being literal here :D I'll butt out now :o

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I asked if he was right since you said of the poem, "Just because that means that to me does not mean it will mean that to you. its what you relate to. Not like this the concrete meaning it can not mean anything else. Its why its written that way."

If you say it can mean more than what you intended, how can you criticize his view of it?

My old teacher had a saying it went I realize you heard what I said but i don't think you realize what you heard isn't what I meant.

He refer to me as being self center and arrogant, stating the poem reflected that from me. What i meant by what it means to the person, meaning to him would be he is self center and arrogant, not reflecting it back on me, but it stays with him. Its all about him as if he wrote it, get it?

When i listen to a song I like I don't think what did the singer mean, or the singer is this. I say what do those words mean to me and think what comes to mind for me, then i relate that to my life. I don't like music because what it makes me feel, not what it makes the band feel. So if he says it makes him feel self center and arrogant, wow but ok that is what it means to him that is what it makes him feel, get it?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Right, but your words were "I never said anything about the poem."

Sorry...Im being literal here :D I'll butt out now :o

Don't make me get out the ban hammer. ^_^

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Hateful does not mean that said person has hate in their heart. It means they are either moody or just don't know how to react correctly to the topic.

It really does mean that. It's not what goes int the body that defines it, but what comes out. Something like that. :)

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Have you to even read Romans 14? Paul speak of not judging Other Christians saying who are you to Judge another mans servant. But everyone answer to God and Christian answer to God directly. So why don't you stop sinning.

The poem was about those who judge me but do not know or understand me and their Judgement are false, lies. So while he goes off judging I rest my case what the poem is about He showed perfect example.

There is something really wrong with your heart that you feel the need to treat people this way, both of you. What did I do that was so wrong write a poem for peoples enjoyment, but you attack even that. You will only succeed at bring down God Judgement on your self. Your behavior certainly does not reflect Jesus or what He taught us. You need to repent.

Just trying to wrap my brain around your though process after the other thread. This thread helps a bit. Your a tad off on Romans 14, but the point is closely aligned to its accuracy. Paul says to not "quarrel over opinions"(esv). However he says in 1 Corinthian 5:12 that we are to judge those inside the church. That is to be proper judgement with truth and love. Even then, I'm not afraid to improperly judge another Christian if they are so poorly mishandling Scripture that they make a mokery beyond belief. For instance someone who feels drinking alcohol is a sin needs to have a whole tribe of Christian sit in his front yard and drink alcohol(my opinion), but not to a drunk state. That is sin.

I don't see any issues with the poem. I'm kind of like hamster in that I look for what it supposed to be meant. A flower has things that are factual about them. Poems can be tricky for me and I shy away from them. I like factual data, not elusiveness. I think a painting would have been a better example to have used instead of a flower.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Just trying to wrap my brain around your though process after the other thread. This thread helps a bit. Your a tad off on Romans 14, but the point is closely aligned to its accuracy. Paul says to not "quarrel over opinions"(esv). However he says in 1 Corinthian 5:12 that we are to judge those inside the church. That is to be proper judgement with truth and love. Even then, I'm not afraid to improperly judge another Christian if they are so poorly mishandling Scripture that they make a mokery beyond belief. For instance someone who feels drinking alcohol is a sin needs to have a whole tribe of Christian sit in his front yard and drink alcohol(my opinion), but not to a drunk state. That is sin.

I don't see any issues with the poem. I'm kind of like hamster in that I look for what it supposed to be meant. A flower has things that are factual about them. Poems can be tricky for me and I shy away from them. I like factual data, not elusiveness. I think a painting would have been a better example to have used instead of a flower.

Actually I did use Romans 14 right I just finished a class about the book of Romans and did a lot of work on it.

1st the book of Romans is address the division in the church between Gentiles and Jews. The Jews were kicked out of Roman and aloud back in but when they came back the found Gentiles running the church. The Gentile even though received their spiritual blessing from the Jews were arrogant.The Jews felt they were better than Gentiles because of their Jewishness. This is the context for the Book of Romans.

Leading up to Romans 14 Paul has taken away the Jews Jewishness, and slap the hand of the Gentile reminding the Jews are the first fruit of God's kingdom. So in 14 we have another issue in the church. The weak in faith Judging the strong and the strong in faith casting stumbling blocks before the weak. The weak in faith are describe as those who keep the food laws and Holy days to the letter of the Law. The strong in faith are the Gentiles who do not. He address this by saying who are you to judge another mans servant in order to get them to stop judging each other. He says the weak in faith judge the strong in faith when they are not wrong. and the strong in faith cast stumbling Blocks before the weak because the weak in faith do not understand what they do. He says a person should not do what they believe in there heart is wrong.

The Jews should not judge and the Gentiles should respect the food laws when eating with Jews.

So you see, if i understand you correctly, you are wrong, if a person believes drinking is wrong they should not do it and it is a sin for them to drink because in their heart they believe it is wrong, and as Paul says if you do what you believe is wrong in your heart it is a sin. So people in the church should let that man not drink, and that man should not judge those who do. That is the context of Romans 14. Paul a hundred percent mean not to judge other Christians. what Cor says is if a person is lost in there sin and does not know it is wrong and is bring it into the church corrupting the church. Those things should be dealt with. Two different contexts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Bluelion, ok thanks for clearing that up for me. Your statement regarding judging was very well put to what Romans says. I apologize for misunderstanding.

My Drinking was more on the lines of a 1 Cor 5 individual. My ADD kicked obviously kicked in.

I am glad we could come together and agree.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The poem is very lovely. It really demonstrates how mean may see the outside, the basic structure, the way a person lives, but only God knows who you are at your core. This poem should be published for any and all to read, not just on here.

Wow, thanks. published, eh I see it as a message in a bottle, you know. when I was a kid I always wanted to write something put it in a bottle and send it out in the ocean see where it goes. That is what the poem is and the internet my ocean.

Upvote 0

Elizabeth8393

Nov 24, 2014
✟4,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's really good. I actually took a screen shot to save it on my phone.

I think the last part of it really demonstrates how the world, those without the light, really only live life by lies. It comes across to me as a message that could be used to minister to an unbeliever to give an example of the difference of those in the light, as opposed to those in the dark.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's really good. I actually took a screen shot to save it on my phone.

I think the last part of it really demonstrates how the world, those without the light, really only live life by lies. It comes across to me as a message that could be used to minister to an unbeliever to give an example of the difference of those in the light, as opposed to those in the dark.

I am so glad you enjoyed it and that was the whole point in posting it that someone else might enjoy it as I did writing it. It is worth posting it because of people like you who enjoyed it. thank you.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I like the poem too, but then I love to write poetry. Not sure why a mere poem turned into a debate though (meaning, I read the entire thread with comments).

Oh that's because it me :) many people don't like me on here :) You saw how they did not understand it so could not say anything, and then kept pushing for me to explain it and when i gave a hint they then had something they could attack and they did. It doesn't matter because some people enjoyed it like your self and that makes it worth posting. I just wanted people to enjoy it. :)

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I look in your eyes, but I do not see Jesus looking back at me.
Tell me what do you see when you look at me?
Flesh and bone?
Sticks and stone?
Am I an animal or beast?
Am I the least?
Do you see The light in my eyes that the the world of lies can not hide?
Do you see my heart through the dark?
Do you see the crown lifting it up high from the ground?
Do you see the sheep at your feet?
Do you see the lion while you sleep?
All these things are in me, That shape who I will be.
But my friend, I only see lies when I look in your eyes.

blu

:thumbsup: I like it.

Upvote 0