Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I look in your eyes, but I do not see Jesus looking back at me.
Tell me what do you see when you look at me?
Flesh and bone?
Sticks and stone?
Am I an animal or beast?
Am I the least?
Do you see The light in my eyes that the the world of lies can not hide?
Do you see my heart through the dark?
Do you see the crown lifting it up high from the ground?
Do you see the sheep at your feet?
Do you see the lion while you sleep?
All these things are in me, That shape who I will be.
But my friend, I only see lies when I look in your eyes.

blu

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
whats the point of a flower?

Poems aren't flowers. When someone writes a poem, they have a message to get across. Your poem seems to say that you think you're the only one saved.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
umm no that is not what it means to me, is that what it means to you?

I could argue that poetry are very much the same thing as flowers. Does a flower have an agenda when it was created, or was it put there for us to enjoy? To find beauty in, maybe relate to it, to move us one way or another. Were you in the military? or wanted to be? it appears you like being told what things are instead of what they mean to you. What they mean to you might not be what they mean to me, but that is the great thing of poetry, its meant to move a person. Like song, the meaning is not in the words but convey feelings. Sorry you didn't get it and you felt the flower needed judgement.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
WHat it means to me is about Judgement and how I feel judged in a world which does not see who I am, and when i look it turns out there judgement were lies. The start hints to this Jesus is love i do not see love looking at me reference to the judgement that follow. What follows is like me defending my self trying to show who I am what is inside at me, but to often at the end the people doing this to me are just speaking lies that are not me. That's what its about for me. I could take it line by line, but that is like picking the peddles off a rose, what your left with is just the bud which is no longer beautiful.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
WHat it means to me is about Judgement and how I feel judged in a world which does not see who I am, and when i look it turns out there judgement were lies. The start hints to this Jesus is love i do not see love looking at me reference to the judgement that follow. What follows is like me defending my self trying to show who I am what is inside at me, but to often at the end the people doing this to me are just speaking lies that are not me. That's what its about for me. I could take it line by line, but that is like picking the peddles off a rose, what your left with is just the bud which is no longer beautiful.

Thanks. I just wanted to know what it meant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. I just wanted to know what it meant.

Just because that means that to me does not mean it will mean that to you. its what you relate to. Not like this the concrete meaning it can not mean anything else. Its why its written that way. For me take flesh and bone sticks and stone. to me I am say do you see me as human or not human at all flesh and bone sticks and stones. But to some one else it could mean flesh and bone means alive and sticks and stones means strong. That is why its a flower.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Just because that means that to me does not mean it will mean that to you. its what you relate to. Not like this the concrete meaning it can not mean anything else. Its why its written that way. For me take flesh and bone sticks and stone. to me I am say do you see me as human or not human at all flesh and bone sticks and stones. But to some one else it could mean flesh and bone means alive and sticks and stones means strong. That is why its a flower.

I always go with the concept that it can't mean what it never meant. If I can interpret what you say in any way I wish, then it demeans what you are trying to say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Have you to even read Romans 14? Paul speak of not judging Other Christians saying who are you to Judge another mans servant. But everyone answer to God and Christian answer to God directly. So why don't you stop sinning.

The poem was about those who judge me but do not know or understand me and their Judgement are false, lies. So while he goes off judging I rest my case what the poem is about He showed perfect example.

There is something really wrong with your heart that you feel the need to treat people this way, both of you. What did I do that was so wrong write a poem for peoples enjoyment, but you attack even that. You will only succeed at bring down God Judgement on your self. Your behavior certainly does not reflect Jesus or what He taught us. You need to repent.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said what you do to the least of my brothers he does it to me. So your judgement are false and you don't know me any way to even make such a judgement so you judge God. Have fun with that, those who do evil we'll answer for it. So if we were standing in front of God, which we are because He lives in Me, so you call me self center and arrogant in front of God. WHat do you think Jesus will say? What will you do when He pass judgement on you. Everyone will answer for every idle word they speak.

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0