Oct 15, 2012
Ventura,CA.
✟7,625.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm posting for a friend who is dating.

She met a guy online. He lives 3 hrs away. He wanted to meet her. She said maybe she could come to his town for the day. He said okay.

She texted him and told him before she left that she was worried because she would be driving in a thunderstorm. He said. "Be safe!"

Well low and behold someone read ended her. Guy didn't have insurance. She texted her date to say she wouldn't be coming because she was in an accident.

He just said oh no! So sorry. Later he called ) went to vm). But just offered to come see her next weekend.

But he did not offer to come pick her up or help with the accident in any way.

Does that seem odd?
Yes , to me seems very odd, I hope she is doing fine.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, it's not odd. They don't even know each other. "Texting" and talking on the phone is not knowing someone. I wouldn't want a guy that I'd never met face to face coming to my home or ride in the same car with him. His reaction was completely what I would expect.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Huh? Its just my opinion. Other than this site, the internet is a pile of junk.

Its just against my views to meet people online. They are meant to be met face to face.

Then you should preface such statements with "in my opinion" or "I think".

There's absolutely nothing inherently wrong or bad about connecting with people online. What becomes an issue is when people think they can form meaningful, deep relationships that way. You can't, you can't know someone genuinely without being around them in person. So, sure, meet online, then get OFFLINE and hang out in person (safely and with common sense, of course).

Upvote 0