What do you make of this?

M

mommame22

I'm posting for a friend who is dating.

She met a guy online. He lives 3 hrs away. He wanted to meet her. She said maybe she could come to his town for the day. He said okay.

She texted him and told him before she left that she was worried because she would be driving in a thunderstorm. He said. "Be safe!"

Well low and behold someone read ended her. Guy didn't have insurance. She texted her date to say she wouldn't be coming because she was in an accident.

He just said oh no! So sorry. Later he called ) went to vm). But just offered to come see her next weekend.

But he did not offer to come pick her up or help with the accident in any way.

Does that seem odd?

ImperatorWall

Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
The moon
✟18,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They have only spoken by phone once. The rest was texting. I felt like he should have offered to come and help her w the accident etc.

Just saying on no ! I'm so sorry ?!

What could he have done?

Not much I suspect.

His response sounds perfectly reasonable.

Upvote 0

Jupiter Drops

be like a flower and turn your face to the sun
Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They have only spoken by phone once. The rest was texting. I felt like he should have offered to come and help her w the accident etc.

Just saying on no ! I'm so sorry ?!

It's probably because he doesn't know her too well. I have no idea how long they've been chatting with each other, but everybody's different.

I guess if he knew her in person or was her boyfriend for real, he would've come right away.

Upvote 0

BarelyBreathing

Everything is Beautiful
Sep 1, 2009
Middle of nowhere
✟18,180.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think it is odd. They have never met, only spoken once, and live three hours apart. People react in different ways to situations, and if his reactions are not what she is looking for, then maybe she should find someone else to talk to.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I personally would've offered to help. But just having texted a few times, well, they were basically strangers. You said he did call but went to voicemail so maybe he didn't get the chance? I wouldn't take it personally.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,049.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not seeing weirdness on his part based on what has been shared. I wouldn't consider him even partially on the hook for not offering to come out and help her unless she was close to his town when it happened, and she told him this.

I spot a problem here: I was taught to make the guy come to you. Why is she driving three hours (in a thunderstorm) to meet him? Why doesn't he drive to her town? That is the biggest red flag I see - not his text responses.

It was her idea, ill-advised as it may have been. If a woman comes out with the desire to do that, I've found it's best to humor her.

Upvote 0

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Maybe he thought that the accident was a way to back out of the date, and that she was putting him on about going down?

It's not easy to really know you can trust someone you met though the internet.

And what would he do to help with the accident? Is he a Mechanic? Tow Truck Diver? how serious was it? can't be to bad if she called him... maybe he thought she would just feel better going home and making something happen later on if ever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.