Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This question is asked often and sometimes this question is said before someone ask you out. As a Christian how do you usually respond?
I almost feel like that question usually relates to the drinking night scene.
My answers always get strange looks.

This question was asked this morning by a comcast technician and not long after I was asked out, which took me a bit by surprise.

M

MarkSB

Congratz.

I am very social and I like to talk to people for fun....used to play video games - but i got tired of them......

What you like to do for fun?

Want to go fly kites with me this weekend?

Only if guns are involved. Everyone gets a kite in the air, then we get some shotguns and shoot at each other's kites. :D Last kite in the air wins.

(not anything I've ever done, just a story that this old fella at work likes to tell)

Upvote 0

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran
marksb said:
Everyone gets a kite in the air, then we get some shotguns and shoot at each other's kites.
Hey, that's not a bad idea. Pick up some dollar store kites on the way out to the desert. I'd only have one kite flying at a time though.

It'd be a nice change of pace from shooting clays.

I wonder how many hits a kite could take?

He may be border stalker.
Asking "what do you like to do for fun" makes you a borderline stalker? :confused:

I thought it was a perfectly innocent "getting to know you" type question.

Upvote 0

mandyangel

Aug 27, 2010
✟18,392.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I love swimming and I love the beach but most of all.... I just love going to the mall, getting a big cone of cookie dough ice cream and window shopping! I don't even buy anything (besides my second ice cream on the way out) but I just love to look and take advantage of the sleep number bed shop, and the free stuff at the cosmetics stands. Overall $6.00 for the best day ever... not half bad!!! :) mandy very happy

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey, that's not a bad idea. Pick up some dollar store kites on the way out to the desert. I'd only have one kite flying at a time though.

It'd be a nice change of pace from shooting clays.

I wonder how many hits a kite could take?

Asking "what do you like to do for fun" makes you a borderline stalker? :confused:

I thought it was a perfectly innocent "getting to know you" type question.
yep, I meant borderline. No not the question, but my situation. I started rethinking over the guy asking me out. He installed my phone, I felt a bit of interest when he first visited. Then I had problems with my phone, he showed up a week later. 10 minutes after another comcast technician showed up, he had the same smile the other guy had when he met me and was surprised someone was there. They talked and he agreed to let the other guy replace my line. So my suspicion is the first guy may have never completed the work so he could visit again??? I'm not sure.

Upvote 0

Mrs.Slocombe

Jun 6, 2011
Grace Bros. in the High Street
✟209.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Shopping. I'm quite girly, but I really enjoy shoes, handbags, and (recently) nail polish. I've done very well at Winners and Marshall's recently - while I still love my usual stores, there is nothing quite like finding a score at an outlet.

I really like going for facials. It's not something I do every week or every month, but maybe twice a year, it's fun to get the girls together and do spa stuff. I'm really weird about people touching my feet, so I skip pedicures and just do my own nails most of the my time. I rarely, if ever get manicures, but I do enjoy facials - even the purging/extraction stuff is quite enjoyable for me.

I love food. You don't have to spend a lot; a burger or poutine place you take out is quite fun (though I'm pretty meh about poutine.)

Wine. Get a bunch of girls together, make sangria.

Dance. I do enjoy nightclubs, but signing up for group salsa or ballroom dance lessons is a good way to meet people, exercise, and have fun. :)

Documentaries. Especially when I can't sleep.

Art galleries/museums. I'm not interested in every exhibit (like, cavemen, primates or evolution) but the ones that do interest me, are golden.

Upvote 0

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I love going to a new restaurants and ordering something that I would never try before. I have had some great results.

Going out with the girls: dancing, starbucks, museums, etc.

Cleaning. Yes, cleaning. I clean a lot!

Cooking.
I also want to learn how to bake, so I'm going to start on that. =)

Oh, and the beach.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CaliforniaJosiah

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2005
✟206,695.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

Swim. Sometimes work out.

I like to play baseball and volleyball - and maybe even basketball or dance, but those require others...

I like to run along the beach, talk with friends, go to sports events, theatre, even just sit here at Starbucks and waste time on the net seeing friends and chatting.

Some of the more WEIRD things I like to do is clean the apartment and my car, do stuff around the church, spend hours in a bookstore or library...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FMX

I am open to all, subject to none.
Jun 11, 2011
London, yet my heart is drowning in the Tiber. My
✟7,827.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This question is asked often and sometimes this question is said before someone ask you out. As a Christian how do you usually respond?
I almost feel like that question usually relates to the drinking night scene.
My answers always get strange looks.

This question was asked this morning by a comcast technician and not long after I was asked out, which took me a bit by surprise.

<3 @ your avatar

I waste time on chat rooms these days.

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0
R

RayofSun

Well I don't think I have anything too quirky or funny to add, sorry. But I'll give you a couple just for giggles :)
I read a lot and love going for walks over to the library (hence the compulsive reading). Lately I've had the best time reading all the available copies of Psychology Today, while intermittently trying to apply my new knowledge to those whose are in my line of vision. Yes people watching is quite fun. :D I also love baking and occasionally try my hand at cooking. Just hanging out with friends; going to the beach, hiking, or doing nothing at all. And because summer is coming I can't neglect one of my favourite pastimes... camping!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.