What do you believe and hope heaven will be like?

Are we (Adam's race) only small chapter of God's ongoing act of creation?

• I think so

• I don't think so

• I don't have an opinion

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I had an NDE 7 years ago during a car accident. I saw and felt heaven at a distance. It was recognizably identical in feeling and effect to my experience when I was baptized in the Holy Spirit years before. I was so full of joy and peace...I remember kidding with one of the nurses in the hospital pretending like I was slumping over like I was going to die...I thought it was so funny...the nurse did not find it funny at all.

What did you see?

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What did you see?
The feeling was much more promunced than what I saw. It was at a distance too. There were people...standing up expectantly...like when someone walks into a room (I could not make out who they were) and there was an undescribable peace producing love that emanated from there. It lasted only a brief moment...I intrinsically knew I had alot more living to do. It was an out of body experience as well...however I did not see anyone on earth or anything that was going on.

I woke up surrounded by police and EMT's in a car in the middle of the highway.

It is amazing how much we do not realize how our emotional baggage caused by the effects of this world here drags us down into a distorted view of reality.

I think that is what expereincing the presence of God is about...a correction of our own bearings of what is true.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The feeling was much more promunced than what I saw. It was at a distance too. There were people...standing up expectantly...like when someone walks into a room (I could not make out who they were) and there was an undescribable peace producing love that emanated from there. It lasted only a brief moment...I intrinsically knew I had alot more living to do. It was an out of body experience as well...however I did not see anyone on earth or anything that was going on.

I woke up surrounded by police and EMT's in a car in the middle of the highway.

It is amazing how much we do not realize how our emotional baggage caused by the effects of this world here drags us down into a distorted view of reality.

I think that is what expereincing the presence of God is about...a correction of our own bearings of what is true.

I love that! to think that there are people waiting, and ready to greet us there gives me sweet chills! It was as if they saw you in the distance and jumped up to welcome you! Just like the father waiting for his wayward son to come from the cities! What love!

Thank you! :clap: I will now add that to my mental picture of what to expect!

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I love that! to think that there are people waiting, and ready to greet us there gives me sweet chills! It was as if they saw you in the distance and jumped up to welcome you! Just like the father waiting for his wayward son to come from the cities! What love!

Thank you! :clap: I will now add that to my mental picture of what to expect!
You should read the book "90 minutes in heaven" when you get the chance. He saw the same thing except his experience is MUCH more elaborate and detailed...probably because he was dead for 90 minutes. He says all the people you have known or influenced for Jesus are waiting to greet you....like a greeteing party.

Upvote 0

MrSnow

May 30, 2007
✟8,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As for the poll, I voted "I don't think so". In terms of the number of individual things that God has created and will re-create, there is more of everything else than there is of humanity. But in terms of importance and significance, we are the main thing that Christ's life gives new life to. So I have to say that we are not a small chapter.

As for the OP, I honestly don't visualize heaven (nor do I visualize hell). I think that most people's doctrine of heaven comes from the end of Revelation, and I don't think that concrete doctrine as to the exact nature of heaven can be made from that. It's a highly symbolic book, and I think that the last few chapters are no different. And frankly (not to be cynical), I really don't care what it's like.

Now, as a few others have said, I do think, since all of creation will be renewed, that our experience of heaven will be tied in intimately with an experience of the physical creation.

If my hunch of God's plan is right, then I think that all of creation will be renewed because all of creation (especially ourselves) will "become partakers of the divine nature". I think that God will unite all of creation to Himself, and thus everywhere in the universe will be "heaven".

And although I respect someone's own private vision of heaven, I won't tie that into my own doctrine of heaven. Even if I were to see a vision of it myself, I don't know if I would make even my own vision my doctrine, for who knows whether God was showing me a symbol of the real thing or the real thing itself.

Upvote 0

millerrod

Contributor
Dec 10, 2005
I try to live in obidence to god some days i fail
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Excellent!!!! I think that is good intuition! :thumbsup:

BTW...where did the other pic go...I liked the beard!

I just got a new laptop but i couldnot remember my password, my old computor at work logs me in automatic and has been doing so for the last 5 years. so i had to open new account for the new laptop :D just to log on at home :doh:

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As for the poll, I voted "I don't think so". In terms of the number of individual things that God has created and will re-create, there is more of everything else than there is of humanity. But in terms of importance and significance, we are the main thing that Christ's life gives new life to. So I have to say that we are not a small chapter.

As for the OP, I honestly don't visualize heaven (nor do I visualize hell). I think that most people's doctrine of heaven comes from the end of Revelation, and I don't think that concrete doctrine as to the exact nature of heaven can be made from that. It's a highly symbolic book, and I think that the last few chapters are no different. And frankly (not to be cynical), I really don't care what it's like.

Now, as a few others have said, I do think, since all of creation will be renewed, that our experience of heaven will be tied in intimately with an experience of the physical creation.

If my hunch of God's plan is right, then I think that all of creation will be renewed because all of creation (especially ourselves) will "become partakers of the divine nature". I think that God will unite all of creation to Himself, and thus everywhere in the universe will be "heaven".

And although I respect someone's own private vision of heaven, I won't tie that into my own doctrine of heaven. Even if I were to see a vision of it myself, I don't know if I would make even my own vision my doctrine, for who knows whether God was showing me a symbol of the real thing or the real thing itself.

Hummm...

What we consider to be reality here is not truly reality. We (human beings) many times think, refer to or visualize love as a feeling, effection or an emotion.

I believe in reality that Love is the defining eternal presence of God.

This perception shapes not just my viewpoint, but shapes and defines the most intimate details of my relationship with God.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Genesis 2:1-2, Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

After the Sixth day in Genesis God ended his work of creation. He isn't creating anything anymore so we shouldn't look at it as God still creating us.

As for what we'll be doing in heaven when we get there; some scholars believe that since Lucifer was kicked out of heaven, there has been an open position for praise leader. We the church, his bride, will be Lucifer's replacement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 2:1-2, Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

After the seventh day in Genesis God ended his work of creation. He isn't creating anything anymore so we shouldn't look at it as God still creating us.

As for what we'll be doing in heaven when we get there; some scholars believe that since Lucifer was kicked out of heaven, there has been an open position for praise leader. We the church, his bride, will be Lucifer's replacement.

Well I have been practicing for the position! ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We, with the intellect of Adam will be able to comprehend the wonders that God has created.

We will understand how the universes work and how He upholds even them with the word of His power.

We will visit far off galaxies created for us to understand and enjoy.

Won't need a spaceship to do so.

All of this and more will be done in a relationship with God that thru Adam we have a peek at.

This relationship is one that is so intimate with our God that at this present time we can only get a glimpse of every now and then.

At least glimpses are all I can get of it.

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We, with the intellect of Adam will be able to comprehend the wonders that God has created.

We will understand how the universes work and how He upholds even them with the word of His power.

We will visit far off galaxies created for us to understand and enjoy.

Won't need a spaceship to do so.

All of this and more will be done in a relationship with God that thru Adam we have a peek at.

This relationship is one that is so intimate with our God that at this present time we can only get a glimpse of every now and then.

At least glimpses are all I can get of it.
Well I have not visited any galaxies of late so I guess I'm with ya. ;)

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
On the "spiritual" side.

Most of us will go to school.

Why?

God never changes.

He is a God that operates by faith.

He commanded us to.

We will have to know how to do faith in "Eternity"

There will be marvelous worship, no earthly words for.

There will be great fellowship with brother & sisters and reunions with loved ones.

Will not be any floating around on a cloud playing a harp. Angels do not do that either.:D

In heaven there are flowers that sing. Looks much like earth scenery wise, but the colors are more brilliant, sharp, deeper, the air is fresher.

Then there is the river of life.

Upvote 0

Dr.Irony

Nov 16, 2008
✟112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We know we were not his first creation, and there isn't any hint in the Bible that states the God has finished His creating.

Actually, there is:

Hebrews 4:3

For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, there is:

Hebrews 4:3

For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Yes, those works were finished, but it by no means excludes new works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Leah

2 Corinthians 5:21
May 26, 2005
✟7,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I recall a dream I had a couple months ago (and don't laugh, either): I was going up in the sky and my right hand was up, praising God. Then I seen people and they were so full of joy with big smiles on their faces and hugging each other. There was light everywhere and eveyone was surrounded by light. Then I thought to myself "There's no sin in heaven."

That's what heaven will be like, yo! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Upvote 0
C

Cassidy

Well when I was a very active little girl...I used to say that we'd be able to do cartwheels and handstands and fall down and nor hurt ourselves. I was really looking forward to that.

I'd also envision streets of solid gold because of the chorus we used to sing at church that went...

Heaven is better than this
Oh my what joy and bliss
Walking on streets of solid gold
Living in a land where we'll never get old
Heaven is better than this
Oh my what joy and bliss
I love the Holy Ghost and meetings too
But heaven is better than this
Yes!

And to this day I cannot get those streets of solid gold out of my mind LOL

Upvote 0
Status