What do you believe and hope heaven will be like?

Are we (Adam's race) only small chapter of God's ongoing act of creation?

• I think so

• I don't think so

• I don't have an opinion

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe heaven will be a place of wholeness in the presence of God.

I believe we wil experience love, completeness and intimate fellowship there that is beyond comprehension or description.

Some of my favorite Scriptures are the one's that say we will be with Him forever.

I think eternal life there will not be too dissimilar to what we experience here, only that it will be pure and incomprehensively intensified by God's presence.

I believe we will spend eternity experiencing the presence of God and that we will never depart from His presence and that our delight in His beauty will never fade.

I like to think we will be participate in some way with God expressing His love to all His creation while not ever parting from His presence.

To put it simply...to live happily ever after with Him and each other.

What are your beliefs and hopes?

Reactions: KleinerApfel

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can just see one of the admin angels come up to you and saying...."well let's see here is your assignment...how does space pirate sound?" ;)

That would pretty much rock. :ok:

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We know we were not his first creation, and there isn't any hint in the Bible that states the God has finished His creating.

I find it interesting that we were made to fellowship and to rule and reign with Him, but over who? each other? No point to that.

I think once we finish with this chapter of eternity, we will be astounded as we see His ultimate plan unfold. I'm just glad I'll be around to see it all happen.

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We know we were not his first creation, and there isn't any hint in the Bible that states the God has finished His creating.

I find it interesting that we were made to fellowship and to rule and reign with Him, but over who? each other? No point to that.

I think once we finish with this chapter of eternity, we will be astounded as we see His ultimate plan unfold. I'm just glad I'll be around to see it all happen.
I think He may keep it going forever....or He might take a break for a millenia or two and then begin something new.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm, the poll is hard to reply to.

In one sense we're a small chapter - the sheer immensity of time and space means we take up very little room in it all!

BUT we're BIG too, because we're the pinnacle of His creation, created to rule over the earth, and perhaps even beyond, and we carry the glory of God in ever increasing revelation.

As for heaven...

Oh joy! Joy, joy joy, joy! Puer and immense and flowing freely at last, unhindered by sin, glorious and exciting, never-ending, saturating and all encompassing.

How will it be expressed?

God made us like Himself, and always intended us to live with Him forever, therefore I think we'll be very similar to how we are now in many ways, but whole and healed, and the earthly limitations we've been subject to will at last be subject to us!

So... we'll be the very best possible versions of ourselves. The selves we were destined to become. Physically some changes - maybe unlimited by space/time, like Jesus in His resurrection body.

Gazing upon His beautiful face...gazing, gazing, knowing fully, deeply, to the utmost, and knowing I am known. *Sigh.* :)

And all the people I've loved but struggled to get along with, those I've hurt, those I've struggled to forgive, those who have wounded me and misunderstood me...we'll all relate perfectly at last.

Peace, perfect, lasting, absolute peace. The full revelation of that which we perceive now as "darkly" or " reflected" will be clear as day, bright, bright shining and beautiful.

Peace with God, peace with self, peace with each other. Oh joy! Did I mention joy?!

On a practical, physical level, I think the new earth will be our home, and that new earth will be located within the new heavens, so we'll be simultaneously on earth and in heaven.

I'm homesick! Everything my heart longs for is in Him, and when I'm there at last I'll be able to express it effortlessly, unlike this rambling post!

Joy, joy, peace, love, peace, joy! I want to be there! But first, i want to bring it down here, shine, shine for His glory here in this dark place, pull down heaven into earth, see His love releasing more of His children. Yumm, yes, that's a foreteste of heaven - every time we speak together and share His goodness, every time we demonstrate His love to someone in need, every time we feel this longing that nothing can even touch - that's just a foretaste.

It is going to be so, so GOOD... :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jeolmstead

-That’s me in the corner, losing my religion
Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God gave me a vision of heaven back in 1989, I dreamed I went there. The remarkable thing was not the things I found there. The remarkable thing was what I became while there.

The sinful nature in me was totally gone. It was as if a weight I carried all my life was no longer there. I have no words to describe it really. After I woke up I had the same feeling for several hours and I really tried to hold on to it, but, I could not. Now, I just have the memory which is but a shadow of what it was really like.

I'm looking forward to going back....

John O.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yes I think we are a part of what God has planned....but not a small part---a BIG part. I believe that God has created before and will again, but we will be a part of everything He does forevermore! That is exciting!

So, for those folk who believe that we sit on a cloud playing a harp---LOL!

sittingonacloud.gif

Upvote 0

millerrod

Contributor
Dec 10, 2005
I try to live in obidence to god some days i fail
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe heaven will be a place of wholeness in the presence of God.

I believe we wil experience love, completeness and intimate fellowship there that is beyond comprehension or description.

Some of my favorite Scriptures are the one's that say we will be with Him forever.

I think eternal life there will not be too dissimilar to what we experience here, only that it will be pure and incomprehensively intensified by God's presence.

I believe we will spend eternity experiencing the presence of God and that we will never depart from His presence and that our delight in His beauty will never fade.

I like to think we will be participate in some way with God expressing His love to all His creation while not ever parting from His presence.

To put it simply...to live happily ever after with Him and each other.

What are your beliefs and hopes?

When i try hard and think back to my youngest age as a child i can remember looking up to my parents and feeling so much Love.
i think we can all remember an instance in our lives where Love just completly surrounded us.
When i lay trying to die on the ER table i looked at my arm and seen they were blue gray , my Dr was sitting beside me and she was crying and saying how sorry she was she couldnt save me, at that moment one of my sons walked into ER and he looked into my eyes and i looked into his eyes and at that moment i felt that same love i had felt as a young child.
Love surrounded me at that moment, everything around me came to a stop, Love circled around me and my son with not a word spoken. THAT feeling is what i pray and hope heaven feels like, not for a slight moment but for all eternity. brother rod

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes I think we are a part of what God jas planned....but not a small paer---a BIG part. I believe that god has created before and will again, but we will be a part fo everything He does forevermore! That is exciting!

So, for those folk who believe that we sit on a cloud playing a harp---LOL!

sittingonacloud.gif

What if you want to play a harp. :confused:

Reactions: kittystorm92
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe I just haven't woken up properly yet, but would you mind reconciling the poll with the OP's question? I really don't see the connection.
To be honest...I started the thread by clicking that I wanted a poll to go with it. Then I ended up going in a different dircetion. When I pushed submit I realized I had checked for the poll. I thought I would just ask a related question.

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When i try hard and think back to my youngest age as a child i can remember looking up to my parents and feeling so much Love.
i think we can all remember an instance in our lives where Love just completly surrounded us.
When i lay trying to die on the ER table i looked at my arm and seen they were blue gray , my Dr was sitting beside me and she was crying and saying how sorry she was she couldnt save me, at that moment one of my sons walked into ER and he looked into my eyes and i looked into his eyes and at that moment i felt that same love i had felt as a young child.
Love surrounded me at that moment, everything around me came to a stop, Love circled around me and my son with not a word spoken. THAT feeling is what i pray and hope heaven feels like, not for a slight moment but for all eternity. brother rod

Excellent!!!! I think that is good intuition! :thumbsup:

BTW...where did the other pic go...I liked the beard!

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I had an NDE 7 years ago during a car accident. I saw and felt heaven at a distance. It was recognizably identical in feeling and effect to my experience when I was baptized in the Holy Spirit years before. I was so full of joy and peace...I remember kidding with one of the nurses in the hospital pretending like I was slumping over like I was going to die...I thought it was so funny...the nurse did not find it funny at all.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am reading Randy Alcorn's book, "heacven" (have been at it for over a year!), and he uses Scripture to extract a more comprehensive picture of heaven for us, answering questions that we almost all have. He suggests (and I have heard a lot about this) that as everything on earth is but a shadow of the things in Heaven that Heaven is very much like earth only magnified in purity and beauty.

After all, the first 1000 years we spend in glory will be here in the New Earth, and then the City will come down and engage with us here. There are so many described aspects in Scripture: trees of fruit, river flowing throught he middle of the City, feasting, metals such as gold and silver, and gemstones that we have here! It makes me really experience true wonder!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.