What do ya'll think about Andrew Wommack?

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I've come across his program a couple of times and I didn't hear anything that would raise a red flag but I am far from being an expert on his ministry. I've seen his name dropped on the WoF forum before so they mignt have more input for you.

Upvote 0

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I'm kind of getting gun shy when it comes to TV personalities so was wondering what you guys think about Andrew. I've never seen him in video but what I've read on his website seems to be good stuff.

He teaches truth, his stuff is free to download on his site.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm kind of getting gun shy when it comes to TV personalities so was wondering what you guys think about Andrew. I've never seen him in video but what I've read on his website seems to be good stuff.
I was introduced to his writings and website several years ago and he changed my way of thinking about alot of things, and all for the better. I agree with him on most everything now and believe his message is a message all christians and non-christians need to hear. I highly recommend that you listen to him with an open mind yet at the sametime check out what he's saying and teaching on your own. If you do that I'm confident that you will learn alot.

I can't say all of this without mentioning John Sheasby because he is my favorite teacher of all time. Right now I'm very busy with something but I will come back with a link for you to his homepage. If you like Andrew Wommack, you will love John Sheasby! :)

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, patner, since ya'll beena askin' I rekon I can rustle up a little answer fer ya.

Be as smart as the Bereans and as loving as John. That's a simple way of saying check things out for yourself. Chew on the straw and spit out the sticks - you will find good and bad in every ministry out there.

There are part of his ministry I agree with and am blessed, and other parts I do not agree with.

Upvote 0

mjere

Sep 20, 2012
New York, New York
✟7,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have an Andrew Wommack testimony-

Someone sent me a book of his over a year ago called "You've Already Got It."

I was born again, and at the time I was in a pretty desperate situation and going through ALOT of depression. I fought depression most of my life, and some days I couldn't get out of bed. I needed help, and all I had to cope was drugs and alcohol. I didn't really like alot of what I saw on Christian TV and most ministries were charging arms and legs just to get a morsel of information. At the time I didn't have steady work, and I was on government assistance.

I got the book in the mail thanks to a very special person, and I couldn't put it down. I was finally getting some answers to questions I had for years, and yet I was pretty skeptical. How could a book be SO GOOD?

So I immediately started looking into this guy- at first looking for any sex scandals or craziness (I've always been fascinated by cults)-, and there on his website was all his teachings from the last 10 years available free of charge. The accent was pretty hard to get through, but God was finally getting through to me A-Z's of the born again life and what I had access to and how to apply it daily.

I downloaded his teachings and listened to them all the day and night, more than music, more than television; and my life was radically changed!

Years prior, I could read the Word and not get much out of it other than what was taught at church. Now, I do my own studying, and getting my own revelations. The smallest passage could send me to rejoicing, and if it weren't for teachers like Andrew Wommack, satan would still have me in depression, poverty, sickness, and everything else he could throw my way.

And while, not everything is perfect, and not every message sends me jumping for joy, that man is being mightily used by God! I'm sure there were others, but his teachings are sooo simple. I've always wanted to meet the guy and say thank you, and one day I will!

I should give a warning- Sad to say, once you get into the teachings and you get a revelation of topics like Spirit, Soul, and Body or Eternal Life, or the Gospel, you'll have a hard time going back into religion- if it's not a teaching ministry, good luck sitting through a church service at 9am. You just get use to hearing the Word so clearly, and having such awesome results in your life, that your ears get a fine tuning to... the crap that's out there. I shared his teachings with friend, and this has been her biggest complaint. Small price to pay, if you ask me.

I recommend checking out:
Spirit, Soul, and Body
You've Already Got it
The Power of the Gospel (any gospel related teaching)
The Book of Galatians
How to Become a Water Walker

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wommack is not the worst TV preacher out there, yet I'd say he is far from the best. So long story short I agree with Simplyput. Check it out for yourself. I have said for a long time that christian watermelons are not seedless. You have to Pick out & eat the fruit and spit out the seeds with any of em. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
P

Peaceful Dove

I was introduced to his writings and website several years ago and he changed my way of thinking about alot of things, and all for the better. I agree with him on most everything now and believe his message is a message all christians and non-christians need to hear. I highly recommend that you listen to him with an open mind yet at the sametime check out what he's saying and teaching on your own. If you do that I'm confident that you will learn alot.

I can't say all of this without mentioning John Sheasby because he is my favorite teacher of all time. Right now I'm very busy with something but I will come back with a link for you to his homepage. If you like Andrew Wommack, you will love John Sheasby! :)
Hi Bro, how have you been?

Reactions: nephilimiyr
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

My daughter was loaned 16 CD's by Andrew Wommack from his college.

I just listened to all of them and I am truly impressed. He seems to have a high level of humility and willingness to be taught and corrected by Messiah Yeshua - Jesus.

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
  • Useful
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I've listened to scores of his messages, over 100. Back a couple decades ago. A few recently. He has a lot of good teaching, though i don't agree with some of it.

But, then, what do i know. I enjoy Benny Hinn, too ;

Andrew Wommack Ministries - Teaching God's Unconditional Love and Grace

My wife thinks it would have been 1995
when she went to a Benny Hinn Crusade in Bogota, Colombia...... He was on his way to the podium..... He stopped..... and walked over to her....... and told her........ "G-d is going to give you a foreign husband......... and you are going to travel all over the world working for Jesus."

At the time... she thought that the foreign husband meant that her husband would repent..... and become Born Again but no........ the foreign husband was me..... a Canadian........ one of the last places that my wife would have wanted to move to...... but she really likes it here now.......... (She is trying to get me to move to Mississauga, Ont though)?!

Oh... there were probably twenty thousand people in that audience in Bogota.....

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My wife thinks it would have been 1995
when she went to a Benny Hinn Crusade in Bogota, Colombia...... He was on his way to the podium..... He stopped..... and walked over to her....... and told her........ "G-d is going to give you a foreign husband......... and you are going to travel all over the world working for Jesus."

At the time... she thought that the foreign husband meant that her husband would repent..... and become Born Again but no........ the foreign husband was me..... a Canadian........ one of the last places that my wife would have wanted to move to...... but she really likes it here now.......... (She is trying to get me to move to Mississauga, Ont though)?!

Oh... there were probably twenty thousand people in that audience in Bogota.....

Amazing! Thanks for sharing that.

Here's a thread that might be of interest to you:

A Personal Relationship with Christ: Misconceptions and Problems

Upvote 0