Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm. This isn't going to be concrete Biblical teaching, I don't think, but I'm operating on instinct. When I was a child I had a dream about that subject. It was after the end, time had come and gone, eternity had begun. I wondered in the dream, well, everything I've heard about has happened, so now what? And I did start to feel bored, wondering what I was going to do with all of eternity. So did everybody else around me--all of us children, Jesus being the only adult present. This is likely because I was a child when I had the dream.

Then, one by one, we all started addressing Jesus directly, telling Him how glad we were that He saved us, and that we wouldn't be there if it weren't for Him. I remember how Jesus turned toward each individual child and listened, smiling, kind of like a good kindergarten teacher. The dream ended with us all starting to sing to Him, and the bored feelings went away.

I wonder now if the dream was answering this question for me. What will we do in Heaven? Praise the Lord to His face, that's what. Will it be boring? No, not if the dream is an indication.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Bible mentions that those who go to heaven do so with the purpose of reigning with Christ as priests and Kings. In other words, they have both priestly and administrative duties to perform. What is being administrated? Well what does Jesus rule over? Heaven, Earth, and the rest of the cosmos. I see no reason to assume boredom in being provided with such an assignment.

BTW
Wayy different from the idea of sitting on a cloud singing psalms while playing a harp for all eternity eh?

Upvote 0

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟13,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are give eternal life,
liver forever with God.
Will we feel boring?
What will God ask us to do to spend our time?

Imagine that, wandering through the Galaxies for eternal time. Discovering new areas of space and building new civilizations. I'm not sure it'd be too boring. But I'm pretty sure it'd be a lone journey. And a long one.

• Winner
Reactions: Radrook
Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
liver forever with God.
Will we feel boring?
The 3 R's of the Triune God: Relationship, Relationship, Relationship.
When you look at a baby in the womb you can see that it's being prepared for life in a big physical world.
So looking at the way that we are being developed in the here and now might indicate the things to come. It seems to me that everything that Christ Jesus points us towards has its foundations in developing us towards deeply Loving, self sacrificial relationship with God and with other people.
So it seems to me that because we are physical beings the world to come will also be physical and cater to physicality in the way that the world was originally created to be. But also in our spiritual nature we were created for relationship with God and with others, so the world will be a very social time.

Reactions: Tangible
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
liver forever with God.
Will we feel boring?

I hear that there will be much worshipping of God.
I'm good with that but,
also hoping to spend much time down by the River of Life.
It's hard thinking about being in church all week.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hear that there will be much worshipping of God.
I'm good with that but,
also hoping to spend much time down by the River of Life.
It's hard thinking about being in church all week.
M-Bob
Now you're talking !:
th

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Now you're talking !

With a little more thought.
So, we know there will be no sex while in heaven.
Seems that I might miss those special moments with my wife?
But, to remember Heaven will even be much better than that.
But, an occasional cigar sure would be nice!
M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
With a little more thought.
So, we know there will be no sex while in heaven.
Seems that I might miss those special moments with my wife?
But, to remember Heaven will even be much better than that.
But, an occasional cigar sure would be nice!
M-Bob
On the special moments bit, I recall what CS Lewis had to say; something about how if we told a small boy what sex is like he might screw up his face and ask "can you eat chocolate while you're doing it?", and how in the same way we can't really comprehend what a special relationship that's not consummated in that way might be like, so we feel a bit sad about it all.
A quiet cigar and whisky, looking out on the river, that would indeed be a nice thing.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
liver forever with God.
Will we feel boring?

Kingdom of God and eternal life are not necessary the same thing, but perhaps this gives some insight about it:

for the Kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Romans 14:17

I believe we are invited to be in peace and joy. And there will be whatever good thing that cause peace and joy. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know this is not going to sound specific by any means whatsoever, but we will be doing our ultimate purpose, whatever that means for us. I believe that who are now is connected to who we will be forever, and some of what we have created here on Earth will still be with us after Christ returns.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
liver forever with God.
Will we feel boring?

You will be so profoundly in awe and ecstasy that you will continuously
be praising the Lord as you both give and receive a constant overwhelming love that no one on earth has ever felt.
Moreover; there is no concept of time.
Nor will you feel any loss of time...it doesnt exist.
Bored? Never.
You're every second will be in worship of the Lord via the ecstatic love and peace that fill you so full it pours back out to God and others.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟709,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You will be so profoundly in awe and ecstasy that you will continuously
be praising the Lord as you both give and receive a constant overwhelming love that no one on earth has ever felt.
Moreover; there is no concept of time.
Nor will you feel any loss of time...it doesnt exist.
Bored? Never.
You're every second will be in worship of the Lord via the ecstatic love and peace that fill you so full it pours back out to God and others.

I cannot wait to meet my savour and best friend,just to look into his eyes and to worship him forever

• Friendly
Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Bible mentions that those who go to heaven do so with the purpose of reigning with Christ as priests and Kings. In other words, they have both priestly and administrative duties to perform. What is being administrated? Well what does Jesus rule over? Heaven, Earth, and the rest of the cosmos. I see no reason to assume boredom in being provided with such an assignment.

BTW
Wayy different from the idea of sitting on a cloud singing psalms while playing a harp for all eternity eh?

In a sin free world, what does reign mean?

And there's no life in the rest of cosmos. What does reign over them mean?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In a sin free world, what does reign mean?

And there's no life in the rest of cosmos. What does reign over them mean?

The Bible tells us that Jesus holds the position of king. That position would be meaningless if it did not involve governing a kingdom and a kingdom without subjects is even more meaningless. So the scriptures justify our conclusion that there is actual reigning over creatures and governing involved.

If indeed the entire realm of the material universe is totally devoid of life as you propose then the reigning over creatures would be over the heavenly realm where spirit creature reside and a paradise Earth.

However, please note that God delegates responsibilities to his servants. So if indeed the universe is in a preparatory stage in terms of preparing other planets for habitation then it isn't unreasonable to imagine that such preparatory work might indeed be delegated to those who are glorified to the heavenly realm and who would reign with him as promised.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Bible tells us that Jesus holds the position of king. That position would be meaningless if it did not involve governing a kingdom and a kingdom without subjects is even more meaningless. So the scriptures justify our conclusion that there is actual reigning over creatures and governing involved.

If indeed the entire realm of the material universe is totally devoid of life as you propose then the reigning over creatures would be over the heavenly realm where spirit creature reside and a paradise Earth.

However, please note that God delegates responsibilities to his servants. So if indeed the universe is in a preparatory stage in terms of preparing other planets for habitation then it isn't unreasonable to imagine that such preparatory work might indeed be delegated to those who are glorified to the heavenly realm and who would reign with him as promised.

What does that mean exactly, in a perfect and sinless world?

Upvote 0