What do the forbidden works tell us about the millennium ?

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
THE PREMISE OF THIS THREAD IS:

1. Certain kinds of work/effort are forbidden on Shabbat.

2. The Shabbat, the seventh day, represents the millennial kingdom, which is the seventh millennium.

DO NOT POST IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THIS PREMISE.

For discussion:

Being that Shabbat is symbolic of the millennium,
and that certain work is forbidden on Shabbat,
what does the forbidding of such work, or the absence of such work, tell us about the millennium ?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
(and, perhaps more sobering, world wide devastation/ everything , EVERYTHING(world wide) broken down , almost "scorched earth" but with living greenery/ plants/ growth as YHWH DESIGNS/ ORCHESTRATES . )
i.e. since YHWH'S SABBATH was neglected for thousands of years,
now, by YHWH'S DOING, the whole earth will rest.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
THE PREMISE OF THIS THREAD IS:

1. Certain kinds of work/effort are forbidden on Shabbat.

2. The Shabbat, the seventh day, represents the millennial kingdom, which is the seventh millennium.

DO NOT POST IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THIS PREMISE.

For discussion:

what does the forbidding of such work, or the absence of such work, tell us about the millennium ?

You might find this interesting:

Barnabas 15:4 Consider, my children, what signify the words,

He finished them in six days. They mean this: that in

six thousand years the Lord will make an end of all

things, for a day is with him as a thousand years. And

he himself beareth witness unto me, saying: Behold

this day a day shall be as a thousand years.

Therefore, my children, in six days, that is in six

thousand years, shall all things be brought to an end

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
You might find this interesting:

Barnabas 15:4 Consider, my children, what signify the words,

He finished them in six days. They mean this: that in

six thousand years the Lord will make an end of all

things, for a day is with him as a thousand years. And

he himself beareth witness unto me, saying: Behold

this day a day shall be as a thousand years.

Therefore, my children, in six days, that is in six

thousand years, shall all things be brought to an end

Thanks for posting !
I know this text, but hadn't read it in a long time.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Some things I have found that are to occur during the millennium.

Lord's Wedding Supper,
wiping away tears,
watching the lion lay down with the lamb, seeing children 100 years old, and
gathering for the Feast of Tabernacles..

I am sure there are others but those are some of what I could think of at the top of head.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Some things I have found that are to occur during the millennium.

Lord's Wedding Supper,
wiping away tears,
watching the lion lay down with the lamb, seeing children 100 years old, and
gathering for the Feast of Tabernacles..

I am sure there are others but those are some of what I could think of at the top of head.

Here's what I mean, certain works are forbidden on Shabbat, and being that Shabbat represents the millennium, what does the forbidding/absence of those works tell us about the millennum ?

For example you wouldn't chop down a tree on Shabbat, you wouldn't butcher an animal, you wouldn't bake a cake.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It may not be an exact parallel concerning such work. For example, secular work like building houses or planting vineyards are forbidden on the weekly Shabbat, but they do not appear to be forbidden during the millennium.

Isaiah 65:21-23 - And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of YHWH, and their offspring with them.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
It may not be an exact parallel concerning such work. For example, secular work like building houses or planting vineyards are forbidden on the weekly Shabbat, but they do not appear to be forbidden during the millennium.

Isaiah 65:21-23 - And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of YHWH, and their offspring with them.

I'm not saying it directly relates in the sense that there won't be buildings constructed during weekdays in the millennium, I am looking for symbolic meaning and whatever can be gleaned.

I have some interpretations relative to the Shabbat diet (in times before refrigerators the Shabbat diet seems to have been vegetarian) but I wish to hear the interpretations of others on the symbolism of the Shabbat restrictions relative to the millennium/Messianic kingdom.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not saying it directly relates in the sense that there won't be buildings constructed during weekdays in the millennium, I am looking for symbolic meaning and whatever can be gleaned.

I have some interpretations relative to the Shabbat diet (in times before refrigerators the Shabbat diet seems to have been vegetarian) but I wish to hear the interpretations of others on the symbolism of the Shabbat restrictions relative to the millennium/Messianic kingdom.
Why don't you give us a small example so we can understand what you are looking for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If there will be animal sacrifices during the millennium, the meat will most likely be eaten. Also, Ezekiel 47:8-10 talk about the waters being healed and an abundance of fish being caught (no doubt to eat).

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Why don't you give us a small example so we can understand what you are looking for.

Ok well as an example here is a possible interpretation: absence of work could indicate that those that are transfigured to immortality will not need to work to support themselves. The curse "in the sweat of your brow (arising from labor) will you eat your bread" will not apply to them.

It might in connection to this also be worth mentioning that while bread was eaten on Shabbat in the middle east, it would spoil quickly so it would have to be eaten in the first few hours of the Shabbat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
If there will be animal sacrifices during the millennium, the meat will most likely be eaten. Also, Ezekiel 47:8-10 talk about the waters being healed and an abundance of fish being caught (no doubt to eat).

Yes and lamb will be eaten on Pesach, I agree. But I believe there will be mortals and immortals present on earth at that time, so what applies to one might not apply to the other.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
absence of work could indicate that those that are transfigured to immortality will not need to work to support themselves. The curse "in the sweat of your brow (arising from labor) will you eat your bread" will not apply to them.
Both in TRUTH,
and in deception,
this may already happen - (not transfigured) but YHWH'S SUPPLY of what is needed, as MANNA was for 40 years for a multitude in the desert.

For examples in TRUTH, this must wait.....
for examples in deception ,
this is the enemy's trick in the united states,
telling people through his agents (mostly lawyers; also government)
that they don't have to work nor trust YHWH......

many, many people are hurt or destroyed by this deception, and it is both encouraged and common even in some churches.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Ok well as an example here is a possible interpretation: absence of work could indicate that those that are transfigured to immortality will not need to work to support themselves. The curse "in the sweat of your brow (arising from labor) will you eat your bread" will not apply to them.

It might in connection to this also be worth mentioning that while bread was eaten on Shabbat in the middle east, it would spoil quickly so it would have to be eaten in the first few hours of the Shabbat.
Good point. In the Garden of Eden, the "tending" they did .. didn't included weeding, hoeing, plowing, cultivating, etc.. I see their "tending" to be simple things like lifting a vine to a limb so that it can climb further up rather than continue to heading downward..

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Nothing in particular. There will still be work to do, food
to grow and animals to care for. We will not be on a
thousand year vacation, but we will be keeping Yahweh's
feasts as they were meant to be kept.

• Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0