What do Europeans think about Australians?

What do you think about Aussies?

• Thumbs Up (I like aussies)

• Thumbs Down (I hate aussies)

• Neutral (What are aussies....aliens from mars?)

• We kicked your buttocks in the world cup, in cricket and any other sports now and in DA new future..

Results are only viewable after voting.

La Belle France

Dec 19, 2003
Dublin
✟334.00
Faith
Catholic
Good question. As an Irishman i can safely say we have alot of time for Australians. We share the same tongue in cheek disrespect for the pommies and we respect your independant stand on international issues.

One thing though. What on earth are you doing with the Queen as your Head of state. Surely you're mature enough to go out on your own....

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,617.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Icystwolf said:
Hi I'm jim,

I just want to know how you view australians?...besides losers of sport....I think England deserves it for their time and effort...

And how do we compare to others like americans? (It's ok to be harsh as long as it's honest)

Thanks and I hope you have a great 2004

Thanks
Jim

I see Australia as a younger version of America linked to Britian by history like a child to its parent but bound one day to set off in its own direction. You share our language and many of you come over and work in our companies or schools etc. Similarly a great many English go to Australia. I am concerned about the recent secularisation of Australia like I am of Britian itself but Sydney has a strong church which is doing a lot of good and a missionary we used to support now works there. Friends from our church told us they were packing up and movig to Perth the other day. A friend at work thought it would be a good place to emigrate to be close to his parents who have already gone, to buy a large house for really cheap (by British standards) and to get away from his mother in law! (You cannot get further than Australia really).

The difference between the two countries has to do with the sheer size of Australia (1 million square miles) and your lack of water in the vast majority of the country I think. Australia is not mild wet England in the Autumn its blazing hot in Summer and not really that cold in Winter.

You are of the pacific. Whereas our neighbours are quite civilised or at least quite maturely developed in Europe yours have just graduated from being cannibals and are now working on building a basic infrastructure for burgeoning populations. I think Australia in this respect has one similarity to Britain it is an island on the edge of what is sometimes hostile territory. There is always that sense that one day you might be overwhelmed by a great Asian power - Japan in WW2 maybe China or Indonesia tommorrow?

We beat you in the Rugby and what a great climax to the World Cup that was but to be honest I think it was all the more precious for being so rare. You usually beat us at the cricket and like the Americans cannot play proper football to any decent standard :) Ha ha!

May God bless Australia and revive her once more to be a missionary power in the far East.

Reactions: Icystwolf
Upvote 0

Icystwolf

Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
✟2,596.00
Faith
Calvinist
La Belle France said:
Good question. As an Irishman i can safely say we have alot of time for Australians. We share the same tongue in cheek disrespect for the pommies and we respect your independant stand on international issues.

One thing though. What on earth are you doing with the Queen as your Head of state. Surely you're mature enough to go out on your own....
Australians really really love the irish accent...

As for the queen, we tried to get rid of her but everyone was too worried about the cost involved...they believed it's better spent on education...and that money ...lol.....went into advertising for the government campaigning on T.V....
Stupid uni-students,....always brainwashing everyone else.....the only difference for myself being a unistudent is that I just don't have time procastinating and then think of how to make a lie sound truth

Upvote 0

Icystwolf

Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
✟2,596.00
Faith
Calvinist
mindlight said:
I see Australia as a younger version of America linked to Britian by history like a child to its parent but bound one day to set off in its own direction. You share our language and many of you come over and work in our companies or schools etc. Similarly a great many English go to Australia. I am concerned about the recent secularisation of Australia like I am of Britian itself but Sydney has a strong church which is doing a lot of good and a missionary we used to support now works there. Friends from our church told us they were packing up and movig to Perth the other day. A friend at work thought it would be a good place to emigrate to be close to his parents who have already gone, to buy a large house for really cheap (by British standards) and to get away from his mother in law! (You cannot get further than Australia really).

May God bless Australia and revive her once more to be a missionary power in the far East.
I was born from an area that the British recently return back....

Yep you guessed it, I'm from HK. But Australia is my home now!

Australia hasn't had any major civil wars....and I'd like to keep it that way...

as for the future, I would like Australia to be a "Buddy" country, a place where you can say G'day to anyone in the streets and they'll reply G'day

It use to be like that in Sydney....not anymore, which is something I really miss...though occasionally some do reply with a smile....probably to do with american influence... even the accent in melborne is changing, in a way it's more americanish....

Upvote 0

La Belle France

Dec 19, 2003
Dublin
✟334.00
Faith
Catholic
Icystwolf said:
Australians really really love the irish accent...

As for the queen, we tried to get rid of her but everyone was too worried about the cost involved...they believed it's better spent on education...and that money ...lol.....went into advertising for the government campaigning on T.V....
Stupid uni-students,....always brainwashing everyone else.....the only difference for myself being a unistudent is that I just don't have time procastinating and then think of how to make a lie sound truth

Well 'to be sure and begorrah....'...:D. My best mate is in Sydney as we speak taking advantage of his accent. Lucky sod...;)

Aus is cool. keep it up mate....:)

Upvote 0

Buttermilk

Oct 19, 2003
✟16,334.00
Faith
Atheist
La Belle France said:

As a Scot I actually agree with your post this time :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Holy Warrior

In need of direction
Jan 24, 2004
Edinburgh
✟10,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
*coughconvictscough* ;)

Nah I like Australia, I've family down there and the natives come across as having a modicum of common sense, something that most of America is seemingly lacking. There's nothing wrong with having the Queen as the Head of State- would you rather have someone like Bush? Seriously, what's the problem?
And while I'm not a beer drinker myself (shock! horror! Someone from Ireland that doesn't drink!) I'm reliably informed that the best beer is home-brewed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wolflily

Saved by the Grace of God, thank you Jesus!
Jan 8, 2004
New Hampshire, USA
✟10,794.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Icystwolf said:
And how do we compare to others like americans? (It's ok to be harsh as long as it's honest)

Man, it's not enough that you've got to be stirring up anti-American sentiment in the Aussie posts, which is why I stepped out for a bit, but now you're stirring up trouble in Great Britain?!! Boy, you are seriously asking for an *#@-whoopin!!!!

Don't make me come over there!!!!!

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
ej said:
Any advances on Denmark and Oz as the superior beer-brewing nations?

Belgium definitely wins in my book :)
Hands down.
I would say Denmark, HANS down! 'Hans' down! Geddit!? Hans... emm.... oh forget it.

Upvote 0

ej

hopeless romantic
Apr 1, 2003
✟16,563.00
Faith
Catholic
theFijian said:
I would say Denmark, HANS down! 'Hans' down! Geddit!? Hans... emm.... oh forget it.
I geddit :p

Maybe I'm biased... but I think anyone who has sat in front of an open fire in a cosy armchair in a bar on the Grand Place in Brussels, and enjoyed a good Belgian beer would agree.... :yum:

When the wind blows in my direction, I can smell the Fountainbridge brewery

Upvote 0