Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It doesn't seem to matter what the topic of a thread is. No matter what we are talking about, somebody always seems to want to hijack the thread and discuss what caused the Universe.

My answer? Obviously there was a Big Bang, but before that, I don't know. Nobody knows. But the best I can tell there is some sort of driving force that "always" existed and that led to the creation of our universe, and perhaps to many other universes. (I put "always" in parenthesis, because the very concept of time is not clearly defined after we step outside the space-time constraints of the known universe.)

So have at it. This is the thread many people seem to want. If you know what caused the universe, tell us what caused it, and how you know you are right.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you know what caused the universe, tell us what caused it,
God caused it.
doubtingmerle said:
... and how you know you are right.
Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thats strictly a matter of faith.
Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yes!
Thats what I'm saying. Faith gets you to believe certain things. But I dont think it makes certain things true. It cannot....unless our own particular faiths actually create worlds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
...what caused the Universe....
Seems theres a few options:

1. God made it.

2. The universe emerged from another universe or set of universes, all of which collectively exist eternally.

3. The universe was never caused and has always existed eternally. "Big bang" being a recurring state, or similar.

4. The universe just popped into being from nothing.

I can think of no good reason to declare any of those not-possible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Seems theres a few options:

1. God made it.

2. The universe emerged from another universe or set of universes, all of which collectively exist eternally.

3. The universe was never caused and has always existed eternally. "Big bang" being a recurring state, or similar.

4. The universe just popped into being from nothing.

I can think of no good reason to declare any of those not-possible.
And neither #2, #3 nor #4 rule out #1.

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
God caused it.
Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand...

Suppose somebody has faith to understand there was a different cause. How do you know your faith is right and the other faith is wrong?

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God
I think I will mark your homework incomplete. The assignment was, "tell us what caused it, and how you know you are right." You gave an answer, but it seems you haven't shown your work. "I have faith that I am right" hardly qualifies as a convincing argument for your position.

Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0