louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What can I do to show Jesus I really love him? I am tired oF sitting in the house all day not doing anything. I really want to start living for him..show him I care. I'm tired of pondering about my life and future. How should i start?

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What can I do to show Jesus I really love him? I am tired oF sitting in the house all day not doing anything. I really want to start living for him..show him I care. I'm tired of pondering about my life and future. How should i start?

Heb 11:5-6 KJV
(5) By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
(6) But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

you demonstrate your love for God by believing Him, and acting according to that belief.

Jos 1:8-9 KJV
(8) This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
(9) Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

instead of sitting around the house all day not doing anything, dive into His word - this time is given to you to prepare for what you will face in the future - use it wisely by studying His word, and you'll be prepared to perceive His leading when it's time for you to act :)

Reactions: Jenniferdiana
Upvote 0

dhh712

Mrs. Calvinist Dark Lord
Jul 16, 2013
Gettysburg
✟34,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

One thing you can surely do at home when you are sitting around doing nothing is to pray and read God's word. Beyond that, what are you able to do? Can you volunteer at soup kitchens or something of the sort? In my area we have a cancer volunteer group that drives people who don't have anyone to drive them to doctors appts. Are you able to do that? Do you work at all? The one thing everyone can do to show they love Jesus who has a job is to be a good employee and co-worker. Do you have extra funds? Donate to charity groups; that's a relatively simple thing for people to do who have extra funds but no time in their busy schedule. What sort of family do you have? Do you still have living parents? Be a good daughter to them. Do you have brothers or sisters? Be a good sibling. In whatever relationships you have, honor the other person in that relationship. There's tons of more things I'm sure but that's what I can think of for now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Based on what Jesus taught, I'd say to dedicate yourself--to whatever degree you want and are able--to helping others. There are a million opportunities, so you should be able to find one or several that are just right for your talents.

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
"Showing Jesus" how much you love him is not just about behaviour; after all, God looks at the heart. So showing Jesus how much you love him is more about a state of being rather than doing. You can show him how much you love him by becoming more like Jesus. What is Jesus like - he is about love, fruit of the Spirit, a servant, one who prays, who reaches out, who is a good friend and leader. What can show Jesus that you love him is living every moment to its fullest, making the most of this life he gives you. It's about doing whatever you are doing, as though you are doing it for Jesus. When you are at work, work as though for the Lord, and when you are at play, play as though you play for the Lord.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is no shortage of passages in Scripture that show us how to serve the Lord. Perhaps it would make some of those things more appealing if you recognize that helping others because of the Lord is no different that helping the Lord himself.

“Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” (Mark 9:37, 1984 NIV)

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
(Colossians 3:23-24, 1984 NIV)

There is a pattern in Scripture of it being good to help orphans, widows, and the poor. What these groups of people had in common in that culture was that they could not help themselves.

Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms. (1 Peter 4:10, 1984 NIV)

If you give a little of your time and effort to help people that can't help themselves, the Lord will be very pleased! It might be easiest to first examine the things you have skill at doing (and perhaps even enjoy doing).

Continue to reject sin and continue to do the other things to know Jesus better (Bible study, prayer, fasting, fellowship).

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Possibly, you can visit and help in a nursing home. Maybe have a dog which is certified for visiting.

Above, I would say, we have already offered you some good practical things. And, as ones say, how we are is important >

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 5:3)

And Jesus knows how you care :) But He desires for us to be in family loving and sharing with Him and one another while we do things for Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Matthew 22:36-40
36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?"
37 Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'
40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

John 15:12-14
12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

Selah.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are habits which can get in the way of our loving people (1 Corinthians 6:12, 2 Corinthians 6:12). Things can keep our attention away from God and away from caring about others as ourselves (Colossians 3:2). So, there likely are things you need to get tired of and outgrow (1 Corinthians 13:11), and discover how enjoyable loving and caring is (1 Timothy 6:17).

But in my experience, in serving, I have needed to overcome ego problems so I could do well while working and sharing with other people (Ephesians 5:21, Ephesians 4:2). I have needed to get over my critical spirit (Hebrews 5:2) and trying to be the one who was doing all the work or Bible teaching (1 Peter 5:5), and become able to welcome anyone who came near me while we are serving, smile, not get irritable about how others do things differently (Ephesians 4:31-32, Philippians 2:13-16). I understand that Jesus has us serve, not only in order to help people, but so we can share with them, personally > Jesus called His apostles "that they might be with Him" (Mark 3:14), I understand, and not only so they would serve Jesus; so I see Jesus wants us to have tender family caring and sharing while we serve, and with ones we serve > 1 Corinthians 16:14 < but, of course, there are ones who are not developed in relating in love; but always stay prayerfully ready for how each one can share and communicate, and be an example of how to be and relate.

So, we need to keep growing in love, becoming stronger so we can't be hurt (1 Peter 3:13) and can't get bent out of shape and disappointed about the realities of other people (Proverbs 13:15, Romans 12:21), and about how we can't just make things happen the way we dictate (1 Peter 5:3).

It can be so seemingly easier to have activities I can escape to, and be by myself! (Romans 14:7-8, 2 Corinthians 5:15) But this does not help me become stronger in love. And God is the One who makes us able to do well in relating and serving > Matthew 11:28-30.

God bless you, too :) Bill

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Some thoughts:

HELP THE NEEDY

James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Volunteer your time, to help others, give to the needy. (time and effort required)

Who can you help today?

PREACH THE GOSPEL

Mar 16:16-18 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that disbelieveth shall be condemned. And these signs shall accompany them that believe: in my name shall they cast out demons; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall in no wise hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Matt 10: 7-8 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils [NKJV: demons]: freely ye have received, freely give.

Preach the gospel, pray for the sick. (super hard, but rewarding)

PRAY FOR OTHERS TO PROSPER IN THEIR MINISTRIES

2Co 1:11 as you help us by means of your prayers for us. So it will be that the many prayers for us will be answered, and God will bless us; and many will raise their voices to him in thanksgiving for us.

Note Paul said the prayers of the church for him would be answered by God and cause his ministry to prosper.

Just some ideas.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Volunteer at a homeless shelter, a prison, or visit the sick in a nursing home.

Ask around at your local churches, they should have some programs.

Remember the story of the sheep and the goats in Matthew 25:31-46?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do what Christ did. He went about daily preaching the Gospel and doing good to others.

16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
(Luke 4:16-19).

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would like to do many things but there's not much to do since I live in a small town. I filled an application out earlier to volunteer at volunteer of America. Sometimes I just feel like it's in vain. I know good works don't get us in heaven. And it's not even about that. I just want christ to grow in me. I have a place for others in my heart esp God. I don't want to feel like I have to do something to earn something from God. I want to do it because I love everyone and the things Jesus did and taught. I just want to put it into practice.(and get out of the house..lol)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would like to do many things but there's not much to do since I live in a small town.
Just because you live in a small town is no excuse. That town is in a county, which is in a state, which is in a country, which is in the world. So, from here on out no excuses. Nazareth was probably smaller than your small town.
I just want christ to grow in me.
Actions speak louder than words.

Upvote 0