What can be done to liven up this forum?

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe I could write a PM to a lot of the active posters and try to get them to venture over to this forum sometimes.

I looked in the marrieds forum, but no way in hell I would post in there. A lot of those people seem terribly unhappy in their marriages.

You could try PMing, maybe if it came from someone who couldnt post, they would be more willing to.

I tried anonymously and unanonymous to which it either got turned down bluntly or talked about in the forums, lol.

Also, probably a good move not to post there :p

This place needs more bacon and penguins.

I definitely agree!

People can be a bit like penguins. None of them willing to jump into the sea until braver penguins lead the way. Unfortunately it has to be a large number of brave penguins otherwise they get eaten by seals.

Great analogy :thumbsup: And that's true.

It's as simple as people need to quit being so stubborn and realize the people that they want to stay in singles is here, and they're not boycotting the Hangout area, they're boycotting their friends.

It baffles me that people wont come to a different area and make it active when it's just literally (i checked) two clicks away from the Singles area.

/rant. Sorry. :sorry:

Hey, if we're contagious...I thought a lot of singles were wanting to get married?

Drink the kool-aid people. DRINK.

/being funny.

I'm drinking, Im drinking! :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blissfulwife

Let Christ shine in you!
Oct 13, 2011
✟16,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's pretty dead in here and just coming over from the Singles forum....well - it's SO quiet here I don't think I can stand it. :D

:wave: I tried to get folks to post over here from Singles when Randy and I got married.

More people have to post. People keep posting threads in the singles forum when the topics have absolutely nothing to do with being single.

Yes, more people need to post. :clap:

Someone said they forget about this forum because it is new.
NOT REALLY. Its been around since early 2007. Four years.

I am not on as much these days.
But will think about new thread ideas.

Upvote 0

blissfulwife

Let Christ shine in you!
Oct 13, 2011
✟16,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just never wandered in because I always read through the newest posts and when this section never has a newest post...

Anyway, I'll check this forum more often to see if there's anything to add.

I just posted in some of my older threads (with my previous id).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nill

Senior Veteran
Aug 25, 2004
✟3,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One problem is that the Singles became what this forum is apparently supposed to be: a generic hangout. But people seem to like it to be hangout exclusively for singles, since, you know, married people are gross and have cooties.

Current count:

Singles: 1,211,403 Posts in 31,228 Threads
Marrieds: 324,537 Posts in 12,153 Threads

That's the highest, then next highest. That's not a million posts of singles' issues. (In fact, look at their respective highest post count totals per thread... most of the marrieds' have to do with actual marriage issues, and most of the singles' are "what are you ___ right now" and "ijwts" threads.)

"Singles" as a forum is evidently meant to focus on "singleness," and almost everybody ignores that. I wouldn't post in Singles, except that interesting threads completely unrelated to singleness get posted there, and I feel like a moron for taking those threads and cross-posting them here, where in all honesty they'd fit more appropriately, since this forum is generic (but somehow pariah, I guess).

On another note, people's misgivings about posting threads unrelated to singleness in the same forum as married people is... odd, in my opinion. I've been giving this forum more of a shot than I used to. Of course, "more of a shot" for me means posting once a week, maybe, rather than once a month.

Upvote 0

r035198x

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
✟13,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with your analysis.
... I've been giving this forum more of a shot than I used to. Of course, "more of a shot" for me means posting once a week, maybe, rather than once a month.
You don't want to be defenestrated now, do you?

Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟99,814.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
If CF really wants people to post here then they should limit the singles area for single related topics and just move anything else over here. I think it's rather ridiculous for the two areas to have the same thread when the same sorts of people post in either area. They should just make one young adult area and make the singles a sub forum of that area.

Upvote 0

r035198x

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
✟13,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If CF really wants people to post here then they should limit the singles area for single related topics and just move anything else over here. I think it's rather ridiculous for the two areas to have the same thread when the same sorts of people post in either area. They should just make one young adult area and make the singles a sub forum of that area.
Sub forum changes didn't go down well with the powers that be when it was mentioned. It certainly does appear as if LSHO is not on their priority list. I agree that it's erm, let's say weird, to have two threads with the same topic. I get a bit confused sometimes by that.

Upvote 0