What can be done to liven up this forum?

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I have absolutely no idea. I have tried posting threads (and recently did again), but it doesn't really seem to help. But, like Melissa is saying, people posting non-singles stuff in Singles certainly doesn't help. So, getting some of those people (who seem to really like their bubble) over here and active would help.

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe I could write a PM to a lot of the active posters and try to get them to venture over to this forum sometimes.

I looked in the marrieds forum, but no way in hell I would post in there. A lot of those people seem terribly unhappy in their marriages.

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, I'm not posting in there, either. Too many guys have massive chips on their shoulders. Maybe women do, too, but the guys stood out to me.

I did notice more guys with issues, too. Maybe the women complain more in the women's forum? LOL.

This place needs more bacon and penguins.

At your request...

bacon.jpg

15410_050620_penguins_vmed.widec

Now...can you go in Singles and plead with people to join us over here too? :D

Upvote 0

r035198x

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
✟13,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
More people have to post. People keep posting threads in the singles forum when the topics have absolutely nothing to do with being single.
Can't blame them, they want the thread to be active so they chose the most active forum.

Maybe I could write a PM to a lot of the active posters and try to get them to venture over to this forum sometimes.
Some people didn't like the way this forum was introduced and decided to show their disagreement by boycotting the new forum. If the new forum had been named "Strictly Singles" and the old one renamed to "Hangout" I'm sure we'd all still be posting together again in the same forum.

Hopefully we can get an idea of what the Singles think about this here: www.christianforums.com/t7621807/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Woot!

I will use my Jedi Mind Trick on them. It's highly ineffective but looks cool with a hooded robe on.

*I put on my robe and wizard hat*

;) lol

WoohooO!

Can't blame them, they want the thread to be active so they chose the most active forum.

Some people didn't like the way this forum was introduced and decided to show their disagreement by boycotting the new forum. If the new forum had been named "Strictly Singles" and the old one renamed to "Hangout" I'm sure we'd all still be posting together again in the same forum.

Hopefully we can get an idea of what the Singles think about this here: www.christianforums.com/t7621807/

Yeah, I boycotted it too for a while...and then when I was done boycotting (I missed my married friends), it was dead.

:hi:

I'm usually at the singles and young adults area, I should come here too! :)
YAY Joy! :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey! That's where you two went! I didn't realize you'd be hanging out over here.

:hi:

Well...they don't leave us much choice. It's basically here or quit all together. It's hard for me to quit coming at all because I've been here for like 7.5 years. hah.

Upvote 0

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well...they don't leave us much choice. It's basically here or quit all together. It's hard for me to quit coming at all because I've been here for like 7.5 years. hah.

Wow, that is a long time! I can see how that would be tough.
If it's any consolation I miss you over there. :hug:

Upvote 0