Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The ESV is my favorite and it's the one my church uses. However I also love and use the NASB, the KJV, and the NKJV. Some of these versions render certain verses better than the others, so I use all of them as need be.

For general bible reading, the ESV is my favorite. For in depth bible study, verse by verse, the NASB is top notch.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 25, 2013
Province of Ontario, Canada.
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
LOL Nord, so does my Husband...
Our son reads KJV, of course since I homeschool him he uses it in his schooling...

That's fantastic, OSL! Your hubby must be great at understanding olde
english like I do. Like the ye olde shoppe. I'll give myself a little credit for
know that it's and old shop with two p's.

I'd heard from a Pastor and some other people that the KJV is actually the best version. Besides the thees and thous, I really had a difficult time understanding what was written.

Upvote 0

AJoyfulNoise

Veteran
Sep 3, 2006
Virginia
✟9,251.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have a parallel Bible, KJV and NIV, side by side. I love reading NIV, since it's easier for me to understand, but always try to cross-reference with KJV. I nearly always prefer the wording of my favorite verses in KJV - maybe because that's the way I always heard them when I was growing up, or maybe because it's just more poetic. :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a parallel Bible, KJV and NIV, side by side. I love reading NIV, since it's easier for me to understand, but always try to cross-reference with KJV. I nearly always prefer the wording of my favorite verses in KJV - maybe because that's the way I always heard them when I was growing up, or maybe because it's just more poetic. :)

Seems like the King James is really memorable for famous verses, right? :)

I love and use the King James, but I'm not King James Only.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 25, 2013
Province of Ontario, Canada.
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Sadly I didn't grow up knowing a whole lot about religion. Knew absolutely nothing about salvation. My Parent's are Catholic, but got away from the church in their teens. I only knew some of the ten commandments my Dad had mentioned to me.

I've learned quite a bit over the last couple of years, and keeping learning more and more as time goes on.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have never read out of the ESV...
When I first started reading the bible I used NIV, but changed to the KJV ...I Like it alot better.

I like the KJV a lot better than the NIV also. I remember when the NIV first came out around '79/'80.

Upvote 0