What are your views on Israel expanding their territory, from a biblical perspective?

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I support Israel's right to exist as a state, because that is based on what the Bible teaches about God's promise to Abraham, and understand some of the reasons why they have to restrict Palestinian movement (to protect Israeli citizens from extremists), but I totally think Israel is wrong when they want to expand their land, and kick Palestinian citizens off of the land they've lived in their whole life, just so Israeli citizens can live there and build homes there.

Israeli citizens shouldnt move there in first place. Why should Palestinians have to accommodate and lose houses just because some Israelis want to move there, when they already have land in Israel to live in, in the first place? Israelies and Palestinians should just stay on their own land-that was the original deal. Theyre not citizens of Palestinian territory-why go there in first place? It's not fair for the people already living there.

Israel is not overpopulated, and they have a load of land to settle on-so its unnecessarily cruel to kick Palestinians off of their land. They made a promise to give them their land-they shouldnt keep redefning boundaries and causing pain in peoples lives.

Pastor John Muncy said God brings natural disasters on countries who criticize Israel building settlements in Palestinian territory, because they are disrespecting God's chosen people. And I disagree with his claims 100%. Other pastors have said dividing and denying Israel their land is wrong.

The doctrine that it's wrong to criticize the ongoing effects by israel to take away land from palestinians 60 years after their state was created, is not Christian at all. It's not unbibical to disagree and speak out against injustice, regardless of who commits it.

What about compassion for Palestinians who are being kicked off their land without need? I understand it was sad but necessary to kick some out of their homes in the 40s. to create the state of Israel, but is it really needed now? Thats the main thing Im tryring to say here.

I've heard people defend Israel's actions by making Islamaphobic comments about Arabs and saying stuff like, "Israel should just kick all Palestinians out of Gaza".

Well how about this sad news-even Palestinian Christian communities feel threatened and oppressed? Read this article about Christians who live in that area. Bethlehem Christians feel the squeeze as Israeli settlements spread | World news | The Observer

Amid plastic bags snagged on gorse bushes, rusting hulks of cars in a breakers yard and a few shabby trailers, traces of a biblical landscape are still to be found on a hillside between the ancient cities of Jerusalem and Bethlehem. A couple of donkeys are tethered to a gnarled olive tree; nearby, sheep and goats bleat as they huddle against the chill December air.

But this terrain will soon be covered in concrete after the authorisation last week of the construction of more than 2,600 homes in Givat Hamatos, the first new Israeli settlement to be built since 1997.

It lies between two existing settlements: Gilo, home to 40,000 people, sits atop one hill; to its east, on another hill, stands Har Homa, whose population is around 20,000, with further expansion in the pipeline. Both are largely built on Bethlehem land.

Givat Hamatos will form a strategic link between these twin towns, further impeding access between Bethlehem and the intended capital of Palestine, East Jerusalem, just six miles away.

Israel considers these and other settlements across the Green Line to be legitimate suburbs of Jerusalem, which it claims as the unified, indivisible capital of the Jewish state. Prime minister Binyamin Netanyahu and official bodies have announced a spate of expansion plans in recent weeks.

In the birthplace of Jesus, the impact of Israeli settlements and their growth has been devastating. In a Christmas message, the Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas said Bethlehem was enduring a "choking reality".

He added: "For the first time in 2,000 years of Christianity in our homeland, the Holy Cities of Bethlehem and Jerusalem have been completely separated by Israeli settlements, racist walls and checkpoints."

Those Christians who live in the Holy land are being oppressed by Israel's selfish goals. They probably feel its not fair or right whats happening to them. And it isnt fair. I understand why they feel the way they do. I personally believe Israel should be compassionate and should leave them alone, and respect and not build settlements on their territory-even though it belongs to them.

Nothing I'm saying contradicts the doctrine that the Holy Land is to be given and controlled by the Jews.

Ive heard some people say "palestinians arent israeli citizens and dont have the right to be in land of a nation that they arent a citizen of". Why should their land be taken away in first place? Do you think Palestinian christians and others (regardless of their religion) think its fair how their land is being taken away in an ongoing way?

Some people argue say, "they give them eviction warnings and they could find other land to live on". Well how would you feel if somebody told you to live somewhere else because other people will settle your house?

This isnt just a political issues, its also a theological related issue. And its really been worrying me for some time, since nobody in my family agrees with my views on Israel. They have a very black and white view of "everything Israel does is okay".

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yep. I'm a full-bore Zionist. Come Lord Jesus!

Why you think God approves of Israel kicking people off of their homes? I just dont think its fair for those people, especially the Christians. Israel already has land that isnt palestinian territory-they should just build homes there and leave the other people alone. Theres no reason for them to expand their territory and kick people off their homes. Were not in the 1940s anymore. It was necessary back then sadly to kick Palestinians off their homes, but not anymore now.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Why you think God approves of Israel kicking people off of their homes? I just dont think its fair for those people, especially the Christians. Israel already has land that isnt palestinian territory-they should just build homes there and leave the other people alone. Theres no reason for them to expand their territory and kick people off their homes. Were not in the 1940s anymore. It was necessary back then sadly to kick Palestinians off their homes, but not anymore now.

The whole Arab world has never forgiven Israel for thrashing them in the 6-Day War, and had poisoned the Palestinians' minds with hatred even before it. Nor have they ever let up. Tell me a time when the Jews were not threatened with annihilation by the Palestinians? Not to speak of their Arabic state puppet-masters. They've been used as pawns, cannon fodder. Even Qatar, one of their current financers, had to expel them, because they had become a danger to their state.

I'm not into cheap popularity, or popularity of any kind, if it comes to that, least of all with the anti-Semitic coalition of the Moslem world and atheist West against Israel. Not that you are. But I won't be arguing with you or anyone else, unless I see you've digested the information at the links blow. You need to read the more recent history of Israel and less of the western media's propaganda:

History & Overview of the Palestinian Refugees | Jewish Virtual Library

Myths & Facts: Refugees (Chapter 12) | Jewish Virtual Library

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm not into cheap popularity, or popularity of any kind, if it comes to that, least of all with the anti-Semitic coalition of the Moslem world and atheist West against Israel. So I won't be arguing with you or anyone else, unless I see you've digested the information at the links blow. You need to read the more recent history of Israel and less of the western media's propaganda:

History & Overview of the Palestinian Refugees | Jewish Virtual Library

Myths & Facts: Refugees (Chapter 12) | Jewish Virtual Library

Do you agree or disagree with the people who say Israeli settlements are preventing peace in the land? Israeli Settlements Prevent Peace

I agree with them. Theres no reason Israel should build more settlements in Palestinian territory in the first place, for the reasons I said above. So why are they doing unnecessary things that prevent peace?

I would argue what Israel is doing is no different from the US government taking away land from indian reservations and building settlements there.

It's a sad and unfortunate situation the land is divided into "territories" now, and while it's true Palestinians arent allowed to go into Israeli territory because they arent citiizens, I dont think Israel should be taking away land from Palestinian territory just so Israeli citizens can live there, when they can just build settlments on their own land.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Israel was greatly limited by the League of Nations' rulings (overwhelmed by Arab nations), one can see, when they were established. They are simply possessing the area that is properly part of their land, and the squatters there should yield to the Nation, and cooperate with the government by judicial action in the courts of the Nation only, not insurrection and warfare.

Those of us at a distance should not seek to stir up world opinion against Israel, for God is clearly defending Israel, though they are not perfect anymore than we are. It is not wise to take sides against Israel, for one will find they are fighting against God.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Israel was greatly limited by the League of Nations' rulings (overwhelmed by Arab nations), one can see, when they were established. They are simply possessing the area that is properly part of their land, and the squatters there should yield to the Nation, and cooperate with the government by judicial action in the courts of the Nation only, not insurrection and warfare.

Those of us at a distance should not seek to stir up world opinion against Israel, for God is clearly defending Israel, though they are not perfect anymore than we are. It is not wise to take sides against Israel, for one will find they are fighting against God.

How am I fighting against God by saying Israel shouldnt built settlements in Palestinian occupied land? Just because God defends Israel, it doesnt mean everything Israel does is right or should be supported. Israel shouldnt kick people off of their homes-they should built settlements elsewhere-on Israeli land. Palestinian Christians even have their farms destroyed so Israelis could build houses there, which goes against the fourth Geneva convention.

What Israel is doing is no more necessary than my state building homes on an Indian reservation.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Why not build settlements somewhere else in Israel, rather than cause more heartache and kick even more innocent people off of their homes?

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I support Israel's right to exist as a state, because that is based on what the Bible teaches about God's promise to Abraham, and understand some of the reasons why they have to restrict Palestinian movement (to protect Israeli citizens from extremists), but I totally think Israel is wrong when they want to expand their land, and kick Palestinian citizens off of the land they've lived in their whole life, just so Israeli citizens can live there and build homes there.

Israeli citizens shouldnt move there in first place. Why should Palestinians have to accommodate and lose houses just because some Israelis want to move there, when they already have land in Israel to live in, in the first place? Israelies and Palestinians should just stay on their own land-that was the original deal. Theyre not citizens of Palestinian territory-why go there in first place? It's not fair for the people already living there.

Israel is not overpopulated, and they have a load of land to settle on-so its unnecessarily cruel to kick Palestinians off of their land. They made a promise to give them their land-they shouldnt keep redefning boundaries and causing pain in peoples lives.

Pastor John Muncy said God brings natural disasters on countries who criticize Israel building settlements in Palestinian territory, because they are disrespecting God's chosen people. And I disagree with his claims 100%. Other pastors have said dividing and denying Israel their land is wrong.

The doctrine that it's wrong to criticize the ongoing effects by israel to take away land from palestinians 60 years after their state was created, is not Christian at all. It's not unbibical to disagree and speak out against injustice, regardless of who commits it.

What about compassion for Palestinians who are being kicked off their land without need? I understand it was sad but necessary to kick some out of their homes in the 40s. to create the state of Israel, but is it really needed now? Thats the main thing Im tryring to say here.

I've heard people defend Israel's actions by making Islamaphobic comments about Arabs and saying stuff like, "Israel should just kick all Palestinians out of Gaza".

Well how about this sad news-even Palestinian Christian communities feel threatened and oppressed? Read this article about Christians who live in that area. Bethlehem Christians feel the squeeze as Israeli settlements spread | World news | The Observer

Those Christians who live in the Holy land are being oppressed by Israel's selfish goals. They probably feel its not fair or right whats happening to them. And it isnt fair. I understand why they feel the way they do. I personally believe Israel should be compassionate and should leave them alone, and respect and not build settlements on their territory-even though it belongs to them.

Nothing I'm saying contradicts the doctrine that the Holy Land is to be given and controlled by the Jews.

Ive heard some people say "palestinians arent israeli citizens and dont have the right to be in land of a nation that they arent a citizen of". Why should their land be taken away in first place? Do you think Palestinian christians and others (regardless of their religion) think its fair how their land is being taken away in an ongoing way?

Some people argue say, "they give them eviction warnings and they could find other land to live on". Well how would you feel if somebody told you to live somewhere else because other people will settle your house?

This isnt just a political issues, its also a theological related issue. And its really been worrying me for some time, since nobody in my family agrees with my views on Israel. They have a very black and white view of "everything Israel does is okay".

It's not an easy question because God promised all of that land to the Jews. He directed them to remove everyone who lived there and to claim it all exclusively for the Jews. They never did and they had to fight endless wars because of it. Now, we are living in the last days and the land is still being contested and there are still wars. I don't think everything Israel does is right, but God was clear about how He wanted the Jews to have that land. I think we should stand by Israel as a nation, even though we shouldn't agree with everything. We should agree though that anyone wanting to take land away from the Jews, according to the scripture, is a bad thing.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

this is a misrepresentation of what is really happening.
God promised that land to the descendants of abraham vias isaacs line.

and dividing walls are to stop random bullets ... you will notice arabs don't put up walls to shield them selves..because israelis do not fire randomly at civilian population.
Also, throughout all israel arabs palestinians and jews live freely side by side..they buy sell shop vote go to movies,sports and enjoy unfettered democratic life...

islamic extremists rant much untruth ...don't believe the rhetoric so easily.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
this is a misrepresentation of what is really happening.
God promised that land to the descendants of abraham vias isaacs line.

and dividing walls are to stop random bullets ... you will notice arabs don't put up walls to shield them selves..because israelis do not fire randomly at civilian population.
Also, throughout all israel arabs palestinians and jews live freely side by side..they buy sell shop vote go to movies,sports and enjoy unfettered democratic life...

islamic extremists rant much untruth ...don't believe the rhetoric so easily.

Are you talking about the dividing walls betweeen the West Bank and Israeli territory, or the dividing walls in Israeli territory between arabs and Jews? I dont get what youre discusssing.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's not an easy question because God promised all of that land to the Jews. He directed them to remove everyone who lived there and to claim it all exclusively for the Jews. They never did and they had to fight endless wars because of it. Now, we are living in the last days and the land is still being contested and there are still wars. I don't think everything Israel does is right, but God was clear about how He wanted the Jews to have that land. I think we should stand by Israel as a nation, even though we shouldn't agree with everything. We should agree though that anyone wanting to take land away from the Jews, according to the scripture, is a bad thing.

Why doesnt Israel just build land on their own territory and just leave West Bank settlements alone? I dont think its fair or necessary to destroy west bank homes and farms-when they have land on Israeli territory to build homes on. Saying that I dont think Israel should build settlements on palestinian land doesnt mean that I believe Israel should have land taken away from them, any more than saying the US government shouldnt build settlements on Indian reservation means I think the US should lose land.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why doesnt Israel just build land on their own territory and just leave West Bank settlements alone? I dont think its fair or necessary to destroy west bank homes and farms-when they have land on Israeli territory to build homes on. Saying that I dont think Israel should build settlements on palestinian land doesnt mean that I believe Israel should have land taken away from them, any more than saying the US government shouldnt build settlements on Indian reservation means I think the US should lose land.

The West Bank is Israel's territory. Wars of conquest have consequences and one of those consequences was that Jordan lost the territory when they tried to invade Israel in 1967. The UN called for Israel to withdraw in exchange for peace. Israel did and the "Palestinians" reneged on the peace. The UN won't protect Israel, and as the de facto ruling body of the international communist movement, has denied Israel's right to defend itself repeatedly. The "Palestinians" would be better off if the West Bank was annexed into Israel and they stopped trying to murder Israelis.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The West Bank is Israel's territory. Wars of conquest have consequences and one of those consequences was that Jordan lost the territory when they tried to invade Israel in 1967. The UN called for Israel to withdraw in exchange for peace. Israel did and the "Palestinians" reneged on the peace. The UN won't protect Israel, and as the de facto ruling body of the international communist movement, has denied Israel's right to defend itself repeatedly. The "Palestinians" would be better off if the West Bank was annexed into Israel and they stopped trying to murder Israelis.

The UN also said it's illegal for Israel to settle Palestinian lands that are already occupied-the Fourth Geneva convention. The fact that Israel owns the land doesnt make it right for them to build settlements on that land where other people are living right now, just like with the US and indian reservations-for different reasons, but its still a valid analogy. They could just build homes somewhere else-its not like they dont have any space left and they could only use the west bank. Theres no need for them to kick even more Palestinians off of their home in the 21st century. It was sad but neccesary in the 1940s, but it isnt neccesary now.

Israel has far more land to build homes on than the west bank-why do they have to keep kicking more innocent people out of their homes?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Well put, Brian: wars of conquest have consequences.

Moreover, I cannot understand how any Christian can fail to be a Zionist. Final victory for Israel will be final victory for all the nations, not least the Arabs and Persians.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Indeed.

What they really need is for something to protect them from indiscriminate bombing.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Why? Rockets and bomb vests. Israel lives among the vilest nations and people in the world.

Yes they seem to be proud of killing children, as a recent satirical song of theirs suggests. I remember losing any sympathy with the PLO when I read about their attacking a school. Infants' school, kindergarten - all one to them. All because they were satanically indoctrinated with hatred from the day they were born. Most of the Moslems in the UK seem decent folk, with spiritual values - even if Islam is lacking, particularly towards women..

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Yes they seem to be proud of killing children, as a recent satirical song of theirs suggests. I remember losing any sympathy with the PLO when I read they attacked schools.

But Israel using white phosphorus is fine?

Upvote 0