What are your favorite Scriptures and why

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cassidy

Currently it is Philippians 2.13 ...

For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Because this takes the pressure off of me to constantly work toward pleasing God. He is already doing the work for me and in me.

~I. D. Claire

Walls built to keep others out also keep you in.

I love this one! Thanks for sharing!!

Upvote 0

NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 1

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

My favorite verse because it reminds me that God made me (therefore I should not claim credit), He made me in His image (therefore I should not sin), and He made me to rule (therefore I not a slave).

Best part is that we will be in His image.

Upvote 0

Seeking Him

May 19, 2008
USA
✟10,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
All the days ordained for me, were written in your book, listed and determined, before any of them came to be. psalm 139:16

I love this scripture because it shows the great love God has for us. How He graciously planned out our lives. My future is written in His books, He knows and cares, so I can trust and rest.

You take account of my wanderings, put my tears in your bottle, are they not in your book? Psalm 56:8

Every heartache and every joy, even the trivial things He has written down, He's watching it all.

Upvote 0

tm2cruz

Jesus Freak - Yeshua is my Best Friend
Nov 13, 2008
Canada
Visit site
✟15,834.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Well, all things happened so we can grow and build our faith to our Lord our God. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.