what are the two great powerful lights in Gen 1:16?

two great lights

• sun and moon

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • sun and stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sun and something unknown

• all stars possibly a sun from another galaxy

• I don't know

• the north and south poles

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Hi,

If you and I are still talking about the two lights, then I would say that your remembrance and insight is correct.

We are never out of those two lights shining on the earth, if I understood you, therefore we are never out of the fire, which may be words for God, in a way, but we are slightly outside of the most intense part of God, thus as the world turns, there is more light and less light. Light always, but lesser and greater intensities. The greater is called day. The lesser is called night.

Is that what you thought of?

LOVE,
And the verse... there is no darkness in light.

ames 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Reactions: katerinah1947
Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Hi,

OhMy! I so, don't want to say something here. I don't.

Let me look at the heading again.

I am back. I think I can say this here.

In Catholicism there is something called private revelation. It seems that if a private revelation is verified, then it can be shared.

The following is verified.

Indeed, with what I have seen, and touched, your flame insight or analogy is correct with God, and also what God has created, like space.

~~(marks to denote what I have expericed, from God in some way or another) ~God space is actually white, but of a low enough amount that it looks black to us. God Space is all space within the known and unknown universe, that is created by God. Outside of, God Space, is nothing, and it is black. Inside, God Space, is slightly white, but energy white, and compared to The brightness of God it is a pleasant blackness. It is a pleasant blackness, because it is actually white.

We exist, and the planets, stars and all that Hubble sees and more are within that, enclosed in a membrane of which other than energy, and what I think it is actually is, that was stretched out, I actually cannot say yet, as so far, that I do not need to know yet for any reason, in certainty, that allows me to say.

However, the entire.......~, but your words are making the answer more certain.

Yes, if ~that~ Is a description of being stretched out, ~it~ fits those words in The Bible, quite appropriately, in Proverbs 8 I think, yet I am no Bible Scholar. Rather, I was prepared.

I was prepared to answer a single question, and I was given A GIFT, from someone along the way. In that A GIFT, was much about a person that I needed to understand.

Messianic Jews know of that person also.

Much, of what I know, is experienced. Your statements are fascinating.

LOVE,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,443.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
"And Elohym said, Let there be lights in the firmament (gaseous expanse) of the heaven (atmosphere) to divide (distinguish) the (existing אור uwr light called) day from the (existing וָבֹהוּ וְחֹשֶׁךְ 'vacuum of darkness' called) night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:" [Genesis 1:14]

Notice here that these lights are located within the firmament of heaven, not in outer (space) darkness;

Also note that these lights are also for distinguishing, and recognizing one cycle of time from another (yet reoccuring) cycle of time, whether it be a day, (week, month,) year, or season (time of year, i.e., week, month, etc.);

But now look again, and see what else has been placed in this catagory of reoccurring yet progressing events of time...that's right, Signs!

Or what do you suppose the Son of Adam was referring to, when he said, '...the Signs of the times'?

Yet, also consider this, there are seven days and yet to the One seated upon the throne, it is always, (and Only One) day, and always (one) night, not many;

To Him, the day is not moving, but standing as if it were still, now the same is true for the Seven dei (angels) of Revelations;

Though to us they appear to be individual, and separate entities appearng over the space of time, yet to the one seated upon the throne they are but one in the same;

And the Sun (Sons likened unto the Stars above heaven) which emmit the light, (t)he (y) also knows that he is one in the same Dei(s), only these two know this, and well, I suppose one could say that, we are aware of it too, seeing how our buttocks is also upon His throne, and our feet are resting on His foot stool.

We are smart enough to know we are not counting twelve moons for a year, any more than we count seven suns for seven days, we are aware that it is the rotation of our planet, which navigates us on the particular orb which we travel around the Sun, and that this is the mechanism that establishes days, weeks, months, years, seasons, and even (reoccuring) Signs.

Reactions: namakele
Upvote 0

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,443.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Many who are cast out of the Kingdom into Outer Darkness, only to Behold (for the light of the body is the Eye) Avraham, and the patriarchs with the prophets in the Kingdom...

Those Cast out of the Kingdom are those who believe that the Kingdom of שמים (Sh'meyim) Heaven (our created atmosphere) exist somewhere out there in a vacuum of darkness;

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Moses saw God in His clearness.

Daniel 7:9
"I kept looking Until thrones were set up, And the Ancient of Days took His seat; His vesture was like white snow And the hair of His head like pure wool His throne was ablaze with flames, Its wheels were a burning fire.

If you see Yeshua you have seen the Father.

Matthew 17:2
And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree. But none can negate the plain meaning.
Certainly not. Nevertheless, none of the word of God is without heavenly purpose...meaning, just what I said: that every word from God that pertains to worldly matters, is a parable of some greater purpose and meaning. The things of this world (including the plain worldly meaning) are passing away, but the word of the Lord endures forever. Isaiah 40:8

Upvote 0

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

Yes indeed. The brightest light in the room has no shadow.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Something of comparable interest maybe.
First is Isaiah 66
Most are probably remember the verse.
"Heaven is my throne and the earth my footstool."

Then next is from Revelation.
"I saw a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon
beneath her feet, and a crown of twelve stars on her head."

Amen

Reactions: namakele
Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
First is Isaiah 66

Amen
God Arraigns Adam and Eve
…14The LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, Cursed are you more than all cattle, And more than every beast of the field; On your belly you will go, And dust you will eat All the days of your life; 15And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel."
Cross References
Luke 24:27
And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

Romans 16:20
The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

Revelation 12:17
Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring--those who keep God's commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.

Along side the astronomical view to these verses a picture does arise.
Not sure if anyone has seen video of our Solar system traveling around the Galaxy. But the rotation axis or the solar system is perpndicular to the galaxies axis. I know of one cg animation but it has an unecessary and excessive dialog.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The warning before Babylon.
Hezekiahs son reigns and brings the abominations.

Hezekiah's Illness and Recovery
…10So Hezekiah answered, "It is easy for the shadow to decline ten steps; no, but let the shadow turn backward ten steps." 11Isaiah the prophet cried to the LORD, and He brought the shadow on the stairway back ten steps by which it had gone down on the stairway of Ahaz.
Cross References
Joshua 10:12
On the day the LORD gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel: "Sun, stand still over Gibeon, and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon."

2 Kings 20:10
"It is a simple matter for the shadow to go forward ten steps," said Hezekiah. "Rather, have it go back ten steps."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The warning before Babylon.
Hezekiahs son reigns and brings the abominations.

Hezekiah's Illness and Recovery
…10So Hezekiah answered, "It is easy for the shadow to decline ten steps; no, but let the shadow turn backward ten steps." 11Isaiah the prophet cried to the LORD, and He brought the shadow on the stairway back ten steps by which it had gone down on the stairway of Ahaz.
Cross References
Joshua 10:12
On the day the LORD gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel: "Sun, stand still over Gibeon, and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon."

2 Kings 20:10
"It is a simple matter for the shadow to go forward ten steps," said Hezekiah. "Rather, have it go back ten steps."
If the shadow had went forward, it would have indicated a foreshadowing or foretelling the future, Hezekiah understood that the shadow should return, so that he would continue to live

Upvote 0

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
"And Elohym said, Let there be lights in the firmament (gaseous expanse) of the heaven (atmosphere) to divide (distinguish) the (existing אור uwr light called) day from the (existing וָבֹהוּ וְחֹשֶׁךְ 'vacuum of darkness' called) night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:" [Genesis 1:14]

Notice here that these lights are located within the firmament of heaven, not in outer (space) darkness;

Also note that these lights are also for distinguishing, and recognizing one cycle of time from another (yet reoccuring) cycle of time, whether it be a day, (week, month,) year, or season (time of year, i.e., week, month, etc.);

But now look again, and see what else has been placed in this catagory of reoccurring yet progressing events of time...that's right, Signs!

Or what do you suppose the Son of Adam was referring to, when he said, '...the Signs of the times'?

Yet, also consider this, there are seven days and yet to the One seated upon the throne, it is always, (and Only One) day, and always (one) night, not many;

To Him, the day is not moving, but standing as if it were still, now the same is true for the Seven dei (angels) of Revelations;

Though to us they appear to be individual, and separate entities appearng over the space of time, yet to the one seated upon the throne they are but one in the same;

And the Sun (Sons likened unto the Stars above heaven) which emmit the light, (t)he (y) also knows that he is one in the same Dei(s), only these two know this, and well, I suppose one could say that, we are aware of it too, seeing how our buttocks is also upon His throne, and our feet are resting on His foot stool.

We are smart enough to know we are not counting twelve moons for a year, any more than we count seven suns for seven days, we are aware that it is the rotation of our planet, which navigates us on the particular orb which we travel around the Sun, and that this is the mechanism that establishes days, weeks, months, years, seasons, and even (reoccuring) Signs.
These lights are located in the firmament of heaven, yes, the firmament was called heaven. Even the birds can fly in the open firmament of heaven, so these lights are not in outer space. These great and powerful lights are in the sky. The firmament or sky is the special holy place, that marks the days, seasons, years, and signs. So it was not necessary in the ancient world to use a telescope that look beyond these two great and powerful lights into dark out space. He also made the stars, ALSO means in addition to, so the stars or the sun which is a star was made also with these two great and powerful lights. We must look into the firmament or sky to celebrate the new moon, Abraham was told to look into heaven to count the stars, which APPEARS to be located in the firmament of heaven.

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If the shadow had went forward, it would have indicated a foreshadowing or foretelling the future, Hezekiah understood that the shadow should return, so that he would continue to live
Amen.

Upvote 0

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
First is Isaiah 66

Amen
If you notice only those things that APPEAR in the firmament of heaven are mentioned. Even the birds fly in the open firmament of heaven, objects that bear light are recorded, but never any other planets. These things can be clearly observed by the naked eye, we walk by faith and not by sight. The purpose of a scientific telescope is to cause distant objects appear closer, yet only those stars that appear in the firmament of heaven should be counted to number the sons of Abraham, those two great lights are the north and south poles that distribute light to the earth, where day and night occur only once a year.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you notice only those things that APPEAR in the firmament of heaven are mentioned. Even the birds fly in the open firmament of heaven, objects that bear light are recorded, but never any other planets. These things can be clearly observed by the naked eye, we walk by faith and not by sight. The purpose of a scientific telescope is to cause distant objects appear closer, yet only those stars that appear in the firmament of heaven should be counted to number the sons of Abraham, those two great lights are the north and south poles that distribute light to the earth, where day and night occur only once a year.
images

8 phases Times 10? Forward in contrast to backwards.
As 2 sons walked backward to cover Noah

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
images

8 phases Times 10? Forward in contrast to backwards.
As 2 sons walked backward to cover Noah
Psalm 90King James Version (KJV)
90 Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.

2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

3 Thou turnest man to destruction; and sayest, Return, ye children of men.

4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

5 Thou carriest them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep: in the morning they are like grass which groweth up.

6 In the morning it flourisheth, and groweth up; in the evening it is cut down, and withereth.

7 For we are consumed by thine anger, and by thy wrath are we troubled.

8 Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance.

9 For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told.

10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

11 Who knoweth the power of thine anger? even according to thy fear, so is thy wrath.

12 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

13 Return, O Lord, how long? and let it repent thee concerning thy servants.

14 O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.

15 Make us glad according to the days wherein thou hast afflicted us, and the years wherein we have seen evil.

16 Let thy work appear unto thy servants, and thy glory unto their children.

17 And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.

Upvote 0

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The sun (Jesus) and the moon (church corporately and personally).
Yeshua transfigured into a bright light, those two great and powerful lights are in the firmament of heaven or sky not outer space where the sun and moon are located. The sun is a star or light created on day 4. The moon is not a light, but a planetary satellite that orbits the earth.

Upvote 0