What are the problems in your local area and life?

GrowingSmaller

Muslm Humanist
Apr 18, 2010
✟49,085.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
That sounds "clever" but not too constructive. It seems to me indicative of "social skills" where that is often defined as anti social, shunning, group think and herd instinct etc. On another forum there was a retired philosophy prof IIRC (good ole' Ken), and I was invited to ignore him - put my name to a list of 20 or 30 names in one grand pressure group. Sorry I don't believe in that type of activity.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That sounds "clever" but not too constructive. It seems to me indicative of "social skills" where that is often defined as anti social, shunning, group think and herd instinct etc. On another forum there was a retired philosophy prof IIRC (good ole' Ken), and I was invited to ignore him - put my name to a list of 20 or 30 names in one grand pressure group. Sorry I don't believe in that type of activity.

You should thank me.

Upvote 0

GrowingSmaller

Muslm Humanist
Apr 18, 2010
✟49,085.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Ok thanks then bro. or sis (?).

Personally I have no job, and an classed as "sick". Theres a big weas looming I am doing little, but people regard me as a parasite which does nothing to motivate me. Encouragement would be far better, but a voice says this will be regarded as "spoon feeding".

I have Islam as my religion, the vibes I get from the indigenous population of white christians and atheists (probably) - you know the loose living non church types - are oppressive, trying to thrust me down. MAybe I am not a hipster, not cool enough.

SoI go to the mosque and people treate me humanely, but theres also the patriotism and political dimension to consider. Its all so comples I dont think theres a neat solution.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ok thanks then bro. or sis (?).

Personally I have no job, and an classed as "sick". Theres a big weas looming I am doing little, but people regard me as a parasite which does nothing to motivate me. Encouragement would be far better, but a voice says this will be regarded as "spoon feeding".

I have Islam as my religion, the vibes I get from the indigenous population of white christians and atheists (probably) - you know the loose living non church types - are oppressive, trying to thrust me down. MAybe I am not a hipster, not cool enough.

SoI go to the mosque and people treate me humanely, but theres also the patriotism and political dimension to consider. Its all so comples I dont think theres a neat solution.

Appreciate the sharing of your problem. Only I don't think it is a problem limited to your "area".

Frankly, I tried to respond to your thread with my problem. But, honestly, I really don't have any problem. I am still working, and I don't consider myself have sickness. My finance is very tight. But I don't think it is a problem. I am not excited about my church. But I don't think it is a problem either. What else?

So, sorry, I really don't have any problem.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My biggest problem currently, is trying to find time to play The Witcher 3, Metal Gear: The Phantom Pain, and Fallout 4 all while remaining competitive in StarCraft 2-Legacy of the Void. Each of the first three games are these massive open-world games that take a lot of time to complete. The last game is a "real-time strategy" game that is possibly the biggest online competitive game in the world.

How big you ask? It's so popular in S. Korea that when it was released, employers closed businesses for the day since they expected so many people would call in sick. There are annual tournaments held for this game where the first prize money is in the millions.

Reactions: GrimKingGrim
Upvote 0

GrimKingGrim

The Thin Dead Line of sanity
Apr 13, 2015
Isle of Who?
✟10,468.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My biggest problem is gonna stem from the massive juggling act i'm about to perform as I manage the finances of my new town home as I'm moving out in 2 days. And of course also getting started with my passions in making it profitable.

Upvote 0

GrimKingGrim

Apr 13, 2015
Isle of Who?
✟10,468.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My biggest problem currently, is trying to find time to play The Witcher 3, Metal Gear: The Phantom Pain, and Fallout 4 all while remaining competitive in StarCraft 2-Legacy of the Void. Each of the first three games are these massive open-world games that take a lot of time to complete. The last game is a "real-time strategy" game that is possibly the biggest online competitive game in the world.

How big you ask? It's so popular in S. Korea that when it was released, employers closed businesses for the day since they expected so many people would call in sick. There are annual tournaments held for this game where the first prize money is in the millions.

I like the cut of your jib. I'm a League of Legends player so I'm right around your area with these games

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GrimKingGrim

Apr 13, 2015
Isle of Who?
✟10,468.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ahhh...ever dota? Which is better? LoL or Dota?

Both Dota and LoL have their ups and downs. I played Dota 1 for 2 years before I switched to league. League is very beginner friendly and is a mechanical heavy/ team based game. It's a blast to play especially with friends. The down side would be the grind to level 30 which if you go with a friend it's not that bad. Once you reach 30 it's just amazing. Dota is much more unforgiving and has longer average game times due to the early nature of lanes. When it hits the late game it's also a blast to play. But I've had some rough experiences there with the player base who flamed like crazy.

Personally I think League is the better game due to the balanced design of the game and champs. Dota is a lot more lax with its own game rules like characters being able to physically leave the targetable game map (Batrider, Slark) and a lot of the spells require no skill more than point and click and sometimes can literally one shot kill (Lina, Lion, Doombringer) or are just flat out broken (Naix, Doombringer). However Dota 2 can be very fun still. But the design decisions are an acquired taste imo, if you enjoyed WC3 then it's right up your alley.

Upvote 0

GrowingSmaller

Muslm Humanist
Apr 18, 2010
✟49,085.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I actually gave my consople away. Just cant get into gaming, or movies in general. The movie I watch most is "Missa de Angelis" by the LMS.

I have watched this about 50 to 100 times.

Solemn High Mass, Low Mass and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament
Highly recommended. Experience the beauty of High Mass, Low Mass and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament in the Traditional Rite.

A fantastic experience of these forms of traditional worship, ideal for the newcomer. Clearly recorded with beautiful choral chanting and singing in this historic church of St Mary of the Angels, Bayswater, London. Includes listing of music.
DVD £12.00 plus p&p
http://www.lms.org.uk/resources/sho...mass-and-benediction-of-the-blessed-sacrament

Upvote 0

GrowingSmaller

Muslm Humanist
Apr 18, 2010
✟49,085.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Another problem . Sometimes I have practiced buddhism to control my wondering mind. Looked into tantraism, but this causes more issues again, like an indentity crisis (you "self generate" as a Buddha, by visualisation).

This can be quite thought provoking, and when in trance its really mellowed out so to speak. Mmmmmmmm, buddha light.

But after years of 'programming the mind' in this way, the conventional identity becomes challenged. Its like a form of voluntary self induced schizophrenia. But a conflict situation, in that it can be a really attractive experience to let all those lights flow into the soul etc, and imagine oneself transformed.

YET You begin to wonder "what is the real me" so to speak...?

Personally Id like to imagine myself as an "autobot" but afaik there are no guided meditation cd's for that specific goal.

Its like, sooooo true that Buddhism needs to catch up with sci-fi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autobot

I AM (insert dream here).

Then again, Hollywood makes war for entertainment, so thats not good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums