What are some logical, alternative interpretations or ways of understanding...

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then how do you explain grass and fruit trees before the sun?
Sun light appeared on day one and the light source (the sun) appeared on day four as the earth was being restored.
All bible versions I've seen, and I just checked several different ones, all say "made". What version says appointed? I think it is more than evident that when something is being created it is made, not appointed.
The original Hebrew words for "created" (bara') and "made" (`asah) are two different Hebrew words having two different meanings.
Well then, that's an even bigger problem. There was no life before Genesis 1:2.
According to Gap theory, there was.
How did all those fossils get into all those layers of strata with specific ages and distribution?
During the gap.
Additionally I ask, how do you verify the authenticity of scripture and for that matter, what is scripture and what is not scripture? And don't quote scripture, "circular reasoning". Independent sources are needed.
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are the independent sources.

It's not our fault if you never met them.

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Sun light appeared on day one and the light source (the sun) appeared on day four as the earth was being restored.

According to Gap theory, there was.
But not according to Genesis 1:1-1:2

During the gap.
Again, no life Genesis 1:1-1:2

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are the independent sources.
As I said, what is scripture is scripture because scripture say so. Circular reasoning.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sounds interesting.

Can you post those scriptures?

I would start with this one.

Job 38King James Version (KJV)

4 "Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?"

Verse 7 reveals two 'groups' of angelic beings; the morning stars, and the general population of angels. Both the one who became Jesus Christ, and the one who became Lucifer, are called 'morning stars' elsewhere in scripture. That they sang together indicates a harmonious relationship between them at the time of earth's creation. The narrative of Genesis One doesn't reflect this at all, with Lucifer (Satan) now the adversary of God.

From here I would go to Jude 1:6, which strongly suggests that the earth was the 'estate' and 'habitation' of angels before the rebellion and subsequent destruction suggested in Genesis 1:2.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What are some logical, alternative interpretations or explanations or ways of understanding and comprehending in a logical, explainable way, other than literal, the Creation account, Adam & Eve and the Garden of Eden, up to whatever point you choose in the Beginnings of Genesis, what are some logical, alternative interpretations or ways of understanding and comprehending in a logical, explainable way, other than literal, the beginnings of Genesis...

Ideas? Theories? On logical alternative explanations or ways of understanding or explaining it other than literal...?

T.E.'s please offer your theories...?

God Bless!
I have considered this question again and again over the years, but always landed on the literal side. However, there is a way. First of all you have to realize that Creation is as much a New Testament doctrine as an interpretive challenge, first you would have to affirm the claims of the New Testament in no uncertain terms. Then the issue of creation has to be addressed in the context of the New Testament and to make a long story short, the Genesis account is reduced to a manner of speaking.

That's the best I can do in a short response but there is a way but it's very tedious and navigating those waters is never without it's hazards. Bottom line, you have to take a long hard look at the New Testament witness concerning creation and spend a little time in Isaiah in order to work this out.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would start with this one.

Job 38King James Version (KJV)

4 "Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?"

Verse 7 reveals two 'groups' of angelic beings; the morning stars, and the general population of angels. Both the one who became Jesus Christ, and the one who became Lucifer, are called 'morning stars' elsewhere in scripture. That they sang together indicates a harmonious relationship between them at the time of earth's creation. The narrative of Genesis One doesn't reflect this at all, with Lucifer (Satan) now the adversary of God.

From here I would go to Jude 1:6, which strongly suggests that the earth was the 'estate' and 'habitation' of angels before the rebellion and subsequent destruction suggested in Genesis 1:2.
Yes, those verses do indicate that all angels lived harmoniously while the earth was being created and that some of them also lived on earth before Adam.

Lucifer’s fall also indicates he was on earth at the time:

Isa 14:12-14:
“How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!...For you have said in your heart: 'I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of GodI will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.'”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But not according to Genesis 1:1-1:2

Again, no life Genesis 1:1-1:2
According to Gap theory, the life existed between verses 1 and 2.

I personally believe the life existed before verse 1 and the creation of the "heavens" and "earth" are referring to the creation of the earth's atmosphere and surface.

Verse 1 can be viewed as a summery statement of what God did, and the verses that followed then gives us the details of what he did.
As I said, what is scripture is scripture because scripture say so. Circular reasoning.
I never said scripture was the sources.

I said Father, Son and Holy Spirit are the sources.

Please follow.

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
According to Gap theory, the life existed between verses 1 and 2.

I personally believe the life existed before verse 1 and the creation of the "heavens" and "earth" are referring to the creation of the earth's atmosphere and surface.

Verse 1 can be viewed as a summery statement of what God did, and the verses that followed then gives us the details of what he did.
I never said scripture was the sources.

I said Father, Son and Holy Spirit are the sources.

Please follow.
I respect your opinion, but I do disagree with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums