GaryP

Apr 28, 2009
✟8,966.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Private
You are very smart and write very well.
If you want to know who you are, Try and solve this puzzle.
Place the orignal passover over the crucifiction and see if it fits.

Is the blood and water of Jesus alive or Dead when the spear is thrust by the
Roman Soldier?

Does the answer match the old passover?

Does it complete Gen: 22

When the Act of Jesus is over, The Father in Heaven Tears His Temple Curtain.

Do you walk in or walk away?

The Temple Curtain splits in the N.T.

What splits in the O.T.

Hint R.S.

What happens if the Jews do not enter and pass through?

Can you figure out the second Exodus.

Regards,

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We can have a religious 'label ' of some sort - Catholic, Protestant, evangelical etc but not really know Jesus. The gospel is all about discovering Jesus and living our lives from that relationship. Throughout the Western world people are less enthused about 'religion' ie the traditional church structures, but retain their belief in God in a very real way.

You have become spiritually aware and are now wanting some substance to your newly developing faith. Good on you. Than can be an interesting journey.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In my early days (shortly before I knew who I was in Christ), I walked around with a button on my shirt, that I at the time had no idea what it meant, but it was coool. The button read PBPWMGIFY. After I came to a fuller conviction of who Christ Jesus was I found out the meaning of the button...please be patient with me God isn't finished yet.
Yes, you are and we are a work in progress.

Upvote 0

DoctorJosh

Jun 7, 2010
United States of America
✟564.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes our sins can even keep us distant from the Lord Jesus for we fear the punishment, but we should never fear just asking Forgiveness and know we are Forgiven for the Lord Jesus is that compassionate and caring. Our guilt is used against us by evil to keep us distant from the Lord Jesus, but push evil away and go tell the Lord Jesus your are sorry and the Lord Jesus Forgives. Praise Jesus for He is Merciful!
God Bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DoctorJosh

Jun 7, 2010
United States of America
✟564.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am posting in the "New Christians" subforum because I am a bit confused about what I am.

If you don't mind, I will post my life story that I posted on another religious forum.

I go to that friends church now. She is an absolutely amazing supportive and funny friend who is (almost) always there for me. :)

So my questions are:

What would I call myself? I came back to my faith and I REALLY don't think my personal beliefs are Catholic so I don't think I am Catholic anymore... Is this what Christians call "Born Again"?

Does this count me as "New Christian" ? because I feel fresh since I had that little awakening during my spring break.

NOTE THAT I WAS NEVER ATHEIST. I honestly don't know what I was thinking before my spring break breakthrough. I know I always believed in God and I always wondered and feared heaven and hell but I was NEVER atheist.

Christian. The term Christian refers to those who believe in Jesus Christ. When people ask me what Church I go to, I tell them Christian. If people ask me what religion I am, I tell them Christian. A follower of Jesus Christ. I get frustrated when people tell me they are Catholic, Baptist, or Methodist since I say, isn't that all Christian? Why not just say, you are Christian. Glad you are back with Jesus again, Jesus welcomes everyone home again with open arms. God Bless.

Upvote 0
M

Mr_Sun

Thank you so much for all the replies! WOW I love this forum already and that was my 2nd post! haha

I know what I will be doing today, reading up on what you recommended and thinking about that stuff.

@DoctorJosh YES! I KNOW RIGHT?! The people at my school go around in 'cliques' depending on if they are Protestant, Methodist ect... its so sad. I am in that grey area where I am friend with everybody since I have JUST NOW come to my spirituality. Before I bought my cross necklace in Germany, a lot of people didn't know I was Christian which made me sick to hear. Now people see it and I have started a new trend :) everybody asked me where I bought it (and since not everybody can go to Germany) they ordered ones offline. its so cool :D

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The people at my school go around in 'cliques' depending on if they are Protestant, Methodist ect... its so sad. I am in that grey area where I am friend with everybody since I have JUST NOW come to my spirituality.
You can start a new trend - break through their cell walls and be friends with them all... shake and confuse. It is good that a few people act as the glue that holds all the groups together.

Christian, Protestant, Born Again, Child of the Most High King (Okay, that sounds like bragging). Tell people that you think it's important to see them all as Christians, part of the same family. Start influencing a change of thinking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God brings people to Him in different ways. I reserve the "born again" label generally for people who have experienced directly a new view of the Kingdom of God, how it's given freely by God and accepted through faith, despite how sinful we have been in the past.

It's despite sins, not because we've acknowledged God. It's something anyone can know, and can read in places like Ephesians 2, Romans 3. Paul is sometimes obscure. On this point he's crystal clear.

As you grow in your relationship with God, I'm sure He's pointing this out to you. He's the God Who is there, so no doubt as you become connected with Him, God brings this point singing home. Doesn't matter the denomination.

Welcome to the family. Listen for what is really being said. It can be an eye opener when you think about it, try it out, take it out for a spin in your mind, and then try to apply it to your life.

Upvote 0
M

Mr_Sun

@Heymikey80

the last paragrah I already do! Its so cool and easy! I let God talk to me through the signs I see. Its really easy to see signs but you cant just sit there and hope God will come to you, you have to go to him and search for the signs... in a way.. haha it made more sense in my head.

Thanks for all the replies guys! This really means a lot!

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay - let me say this: a Christian is a follower of Jesus Christ.

When you tried to ask if you are a Christian or not, all you did was post what works you do. Your rationale for why you are Christian was: "I go to this awesome church" - "I love the sermons" - "I was Catholic" - "my friend is there for me" - "I realized who my friends were" - "I listen to Christian music" - "I am going to make things understandable to my generation"

Your justification is about you, you and you.

At no point in any of your posts, have you described if/when you put your hope of salvation in Jesus Christ.

And for that, I feel you need to seriously evaluate what you believe. If you are putting your faith of salvation in doing all the right things, you will be sorely disappointed.

As a sign of true salvation, and of being a true Christian, what you would have said would be something like - "This is what Jesus did for me"

Yet you didn't even mention Him at all. Not even once. Your faith is in you, and in what you have done.

21. "Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.22. "Many will say to Me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'23. "And then I will declare to them, `I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'
Matthew 7:21-23

28. Therefore they said to Him, "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?"29. Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."
John 6:28-29

29. And he called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas,30. and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"31. They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."
Acts 16:29-31

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
M

Mr_Sun

@sbbqb7n16

actually I did leave out the parts in that story I wrote for another forum. that story in italics was written a few months ago. I have put my total faith in Jesus a while after my 'spring break breakthrough' and I'm sorry I didn't mention it and yeah it does sound like I was thanking only myself but keep in mind I wrote that a while ago when I was still maturing in my faith... that actually hurt to read what you said about me. I guess I thought it went without saying...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sbbqb7n16

Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
that actually hurt to read what you said about me.
Good. I would rather hurt your feelings, and get you to examine your soul - than make you feel good and go through life without questioning your soul.

I guess I thought it went without saying...

And that's the problem I have with your post. You are posting what you felt like were the important reasons for why you are a Christian. You want us to help you see if you're truly a Christian, and so you gave us this laundry list of things you do - but none of that is what makes someone a Christian at all.

It may make someone a "good" Catholic, or a "good" Baptist - but nothing you wrote has anything to do with what makes someone a Christian.

To me, your post reads like so: "I used to be a non committed Catholic, but I was never an atheist. Now I'm doing all these good things - does that mean I'm a real Christian now? I used to be bad, and now I'm better - is that what it means to be 'born again'? What am I?"

What are you? - you're a now-more-religious Catholic. I have no idea whether you are a Christian or not. (from the info you've given in this post, there's not enough info to tell on that question)

If someone ever asks you, "why are you a Christian?" and your answers are more about you than about Jesus, you need to do some soul searching.

You cannot possibly answer that question correctly by letting what Jesus has done for you "go without saying."

Last edited:
Upvote 0